Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    because i'm tired of having hexagonal shaped hands…THATS WHY.

Deleted
    yep, I also dont understand so much craze about them. I mean it's cool that WoW will look much better(but it will still lose to other mmos like Neverwinter) but graphic isnt something that was important.

but doing such a big show, writing 9999 announcements on twitter just for 1 model? this is insane.
    they should announce that new models will be one of many other features of WoD.

I guess people care since they ain't used to getting new cosmetics for free, these character models will go to everyone and you don't have to pay extra for them. As of now at least.

I only care that it probably means a free re customization when they're finally released, undo mistakes you've made or go with something new without paying extra

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    lots of very revealing armor in this game :P

BLACK MAGEWEAVE ANYONE ?
    Actually, comparatively speaking, the amount of revealing armor in this game is miniscule compared to other MMORPGs, especially of the Korean variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Because I played Night Elf and I saw the bugs when they lift their hands.. I played humans and.. well had to look at their awful bodies. I played as gnome and was looking at a head and limbs with no knees and elbows, I played as an orc with a flat texture pretending to be their face and teeth.. I looked at all those dated, old animations, that had close to no weight into them, were stiff like stick figures and very basic...
    And then I rerolled goblin who was much better done in all aspects, from his hair, through the model to animations themselves (including facial animations!)..
    Then I rerolled Pandaren and fell in love with them even more, the fluidity of their movement, the expressions of their faces, the overall animation quality...
    No I can't wait for revamped orcs, who actually look like they weight something when they run. I wait for hair that's not so stiff and bad looking.. I wait for actual expressions on their faces..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    yep, I also dont understand so much craze about them. I mean it's cool that WoW will look much better(but it will still lose to other mmos like Neverwinter) but graphic isnt something that was important.

but doing such a big show, writing 9999 announcements on twitter just for 1 model? this is insane.
    they should announce that new models will be one of many other features of WoD.
    Wow will be 10 years old when the new expansion arrives. While realistic graphics never were its strong suit, it will have to compete with new games, and it does inject new life into the game.
    So yes, it is important considering the competition, and yes it is nice to have a model updated that is 10 years old.

I think she looks like my girlfriend

Deleted
    Appearance is appeal, the better it looks, the more likely people will play it.

A lot of people understate superficiality in the game world, things that look good, sell better.

This refresh will probably aid in getting new subs because it doesn't look as bad as it did before.

Quote Originally Posted by Elixr View Post
    I think she looks like my girlfriend
    LOL.

Just wait till the first day of WoD, you will see why people are going nuts over it, and appreciate it, might not appreciate the queues and lag, but all the new player models, new animations, better flowing cloaks, beards and hair, a new area, new music, new mobs, new npcs, when you first see that, you'll appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it is nice to see parts of the game "freshened up". The NPC's are also getting an overhaul, I think that will make the world look a bit nicer. And I don't zoom all the way out, so I will be incredibly grateful for the new models. It was needed in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    New models are the ONLY thing I am looking forward to in wows future...
    Aye mate

Not everyone names their characters "Asdfghjkl" and hits the random button on the character customization. Sometimes people care about their characters' appearance and the quality of animation in their spiffy transmog outfits.

Deleted
    It's a goddamn RPG, you know? Immersion is an important thing, you know?

The new models are really necessary as it will also improve how armor looks on our chars.

can we please give orcs the option of having goddamn hair?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln
    Haha xd. That really made me lol :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Admittedly, I didn't read all the replies so I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has mentioned this, but...

I feel like it always removes credibility from a thread if you act as though you, personally, represent some sort of invisible majority. Don't you think you should phrase this differently?
    "Why should I care?"
    As an adult(?), you should know that your opinion is not necessarily that of others. Personally, I'm very excited about the new models, partially because with them will come new animations (which are noticeable regardless of all that armor!). I think it's overdue and I'm glad it's finally coming down the pipeline.

While its a nice upgrade, i don't think its that big of a deal. I definitely don't think you can compare upgraded models to a new race or class being added.

Deleted
    Why do we care about how the outdated player model looks? The one thing on your screen 99% of the time?

What would you rather them invest time in? More cash-shop mounts?