Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    (Skip first paragraph for actual help, This is just a little background)
    Hey all, well i recently got denied from the Army and well i am heartbroken at the moment. I made a stupid mistake from the past that ruined everything. They could work with my Asthma (haven't used in an inhaler in over 4 years and they could deal with the eczema. Not a problem, was denied from a mistake i made for attention you could say and went through a phase. Father mostly contributed to it and well i was in a hospital for a week for thoughts about suicide. (Made a thread about this about a week ago if you can remember where i am coming from) I never had the intentions or plan to do it. Just a little phase i went through for some attention from my family hoping things would get better. It was a crappy phase i went through, if i could do anything i WISH with all my damn heart i could go back to that day and had never made that silly mistake which was about 2 years ago. I'm not crazy, i am extremely smart, have my mind set on doing something good, and most of all i am mentally stable. Nothing wrong with me at all, except a very imaginative. Damn i could totally invent something.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time my fellow champions.
    You shouldn't had mentioned those things I had asthma back then and suicide thoughts I lied about it and made through basic fine if it didn't cause you any problems then it wont now or in the future if you're telling us you're good on your physical test just make sure it doesn't come up when you get to basic. Its like a job interview tell them what they want to hear ( don't be honest with yourself ) unless its a condition that's mostly unavoidable like diabetes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post
    Do not take this guys advice. It is against the law to not disclose information to a recruiter when working for the military, law enforcement, or federal jobs that would otherwise make you inelligiable. Sorry man but thats the case.

Take it from a 20 year navy man. It sucks that you cant get in but you have to look at it from their shoes. At a point in your life you were mentally unstable, thats not nothing against you, its a fact of life for a lot of people in this world. This unstableness does put a mark on you. There is no way of telling that if put in a stressfull sistuation you may snap, or have a breakdown. There are multiple cases of individuals who had previous mental problems and went into the military, only to have the stress come back to them and them hurting themself, there brothers and sisters, and or our country.

My advice to you would be to get an education and see if there are some programs that interest you. I would stay clear of jobs that will arm you or put you in extremely stressfull conditions.
    yeahno ten characters lots of people get away with it and not get caught more then you think.
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2014-01-25 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Few willing to do it? Seems like you guy have an abundance of people wanting to sign up. And I really don't see whats honorable about it unless you are there not of your own free will ie drafted.
    Less then 1% of Americans volunteer for the Military. McDonalds has more employees than the entire US Navy. And if the Military isn't "honorable" then what profession is? You volunteer to do everything.