Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Hey folks. I recently have been craving playing some CoD. I haven't played since MW3 and want to get back into it the mad frag-fest. From what I've read, it sounds like Ghosts is just a rehash of the previous games and Black Ops II was the real show stopper.

I'm somewhat surprised though, Ghosts recently came out so I figured Black Ops II would be cheaper since it's older, but it's still going for $60 everywhere I can see. My question is, are any of you guys still playing Black Ops II and is the community still going strong? Also, do any of you know of somewhere that's selling it for less than the full $60? Thanks for the info!

I haven't been able to get into a Ground War match on PC, but Xbox360/PS3 might have more players... not sure. Either way, Ghosts is where the community is going to be.

Haven't seen it on sale.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

All CoD games have been rehashes since CoD 4: Modern Warfare. So no matter what you decide to go with its the same game. Except you buy the maps from the previous games.

Massive rip off.

I had to download raptr for something so they send me emails here and there about random crap. The last one I got mentioned CoD:BOII being their most played game of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Potency View Post
    Hey folks. I recently have been craving playing some CoD. I haven't played since MW3 and want to get back into it the mad frag-fest. From what I've read, it sounds like Ghosts is just a rehash of the previous games and Black Ops II was the real show stopper.

I'm somewhat surprised though, Ghosts recently came out so I figured Black Ops II would be cheaper since it's older, but it's still going for $60 everywhere I can see. My question is, are any of you guys still playing Black Ops II and is the community still going strong? Also, do any of you know of somewhere that's selling it for less than the full $60? Thanks for the info!
    First off what platform are you wanting it on?

Second its around $30 for all platforms on amazon if you can buy it there and you can get the digital steam version for around the same price as well last time I looked.

As for Ghost in my opinion its shit. I got it for Ps3 and 2 days after release I traded it in. The only decent mode was the alien one and the maps was way to huge for a COD game in my opinion.

If you like him watch totalbusicits videos about COD Ghost.

I personally love BOII and was surprised how well the story mode was done in it. The online was also fun as long as you didn't get spawn locked on maps. My BOII online experince tho is from Consoles and not PC.

Personally stay away from Infinity Ward made COD games even more so if you are on PC. But thats my opinion.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-01-24 at 12:31 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Activision doesn't really price-drop the CoD franchise very often because of the strength of the franchise. Basically, you'd have to wait until it goes on sale somewhere if you're not looking to pay $60. I know it was on sale during the holidays (for 50% off I think), so you just have to be patient if you want to save money on the purchase.

I played it a bit after launch and was reminded that the current direction of CoD really isn't my style of shooter. Not a fan of how compressed the skill window is, as the floor continually seems to be raised and the ceiling lowered. But it's a fun arcade-esque shooter if you just like running around and killing folks.

Redit: Checked Amazon because Jtbrig7390 mentioned it, and it's currently on sale for $30 on PC. Higher for retail PS3/Xbox 360, and a bit cheaper for retail PC ($24).
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-01-24 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Redit: Checked Amazon because Jtbrig7390 mentioned it, and it's currently on sale for $30 on PC. Higher for retail PS3/Xbox 360, and a bit cheaper for retail PC ($24).
    Unless they don't mind getting a used copy. There is a used copy for Xbox 360 for around $15 and $25

Ps3 has $30 new and $15.99 Used but that dose not count shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_...nid=2941120011

But ya personally its the only COD I felt that was worth the $60 besides BOI. Even tho I did have some problems with BOII but that was mainly the spawn locking.

Also people with modded controller's annoyed me but that comes with dam near any close quater shooter on a console.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-01-24 at 12:37 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    All CoD games have been rehashes since CoD 4: Modern Warfare. So no matter what you decide to go with its the same game. Except you buy the maps from the previous games.

Massive rip off.
    Please don't comment just for the sake of hating on something, as you've clearly not played this CoD. Not saying ghosts is good (i don't really like it) but it's nothing like the previous ones at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Please don't comment just for the sake of hating on something, as you've clearly not played this CoD. Not saying ghosts is good (i don't really like it) but it's nothing like the previous ones at all.
    I personally hated Ghost. They remove ground war from last gen systems "Ps3/Xbox 360" so the only mode that would make the maps feel small was gone.

The story for a COD game was all around bad and the PC port was a huge mess. The game even looked worse then MW3 on all systems even more so PC.

ill personally avoid all COD games made by Infinity Ward after this mess.

To be clear this dose not look much better then his WTF video of it that went into more detail. He made this video because one setting was not on max like he though it was.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-01-24 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potency View Post

Well I don't really know what it would be these days, but even a few months before the release of Ghosts, I didn't see a lot of folks playing the game on the PC. It took a short while to match me. So the game was always scanning for available lobbies. This is completely opposite to when I picked up the game shortly after the launch of BO 3.

There were an average of around 700 players for Domination and another 1000 for Domination. And a couple hundreds in total for the other modes. Umm...I remembered trying out MW3 after BO3 came out and you were basically seeing the majority of the same players in your lobby. There were rarely anyone online and it often took a long time to match you.

The thing with the COD games I've noticed and it isn't only related to Black Ops 3, but a lot of the earlier games since when I've started playing from MW3 is that activity is at its highest during the first few months after launch. After the 5th-6th month, activity slows down. Now this is solely related to the franchise on the PC. Can't really comment regarding consoles. What you mostly have is the hardcore crowd that usually invests in DLC and in levelling up new prestige levels that stick around. The casuals have found another game.
    Last edited by Ebonheart; 2014-01-24 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    My roommate has the game for the PS4. I have played it. Not seen anything new to date.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post

Massive rip off.
    CoD is essentially in the same boat as WoW, for the most part. Every year (or so) there's a new version with new content (multiplayer changes and maps, single-player story, co-op/zombies mode) that everyone flocks to. If you're still playing WoW and buying WoW expansion (or any other MMO, for that matter), then you really have no business complaining about CoD's "rehashes."

Personally, I absolutely loved Modern Warfare 2 and really enjoyed Black Ops 2 while it was still in its prime. Both on PC, of course. Haven't touched Ghosts.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    If you like CoD, Ghosts is a great game.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Treyarch CoD's are terrible.

I love MW and MW2.

Despise WaW, BOPs and BOPs2