Thread: russians

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why are you not transferring to russian realm so enemys cant call target on your name?
    damn casuals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Russians are always the most obnoxious players overall regardless of game.
    The ammount of likelyhood to cheat, refuse to speak english and generally be I'm the man is something I encounter them as in both WoW and WoT.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys!

Here is smth that will help you. I've made this table with Cyrillic letters in the left and matching Latin sounds / letters in the right. If Cyrillic and Latin readings and symbols are both same, it is indicated.

A = same
    Б = [b]
    В = [v]
    Г = [g]
    Д = [d]
    E = [ie] (the Russian E which is mostly non-pronounceable for non-Slavic people, like in "лес")
    Ё = [yo]
    Ж = [zh] (can be represented with j, g and zh altogether, like in "giraffe", "Jean-Paul", "Zhukov"
    З = [z]
    И = [i] (both long and short)
    K = same
    Л = [l]
    М = same
    Н = [n]
    О = same
    П = [p]
    Р = [r]
    С = [s]
    Т = same
    У = [oo], [u] ("oo" in "smooth", "u" in "put")
    Ф = [f]
    Х = [h]
    Ц = [ts], [tz], [c] (cycling, Katz, Tsiolkovsky)
    Ч = [ch] (bench)
    Ш = [sh] (shoes)
    Щ = [sch] (borsch)
    ъ = "firm" consonant marker, unlikely to be a part of the name
    Ы = [y] (a sort of, no matching vowel sound in English)
    Ь = "light" consonant marker, often in the end of female nouns / some names (Agraynel = АграйнелЬ)
    Э = [e] (era, epoch, break)
    Ю = [u] (youth, juice)
    Я = [ia], [ja] (Jamaica)

Print or save this table, it will help you a lot in dealing with Cyrillic names and words.

P.S. Bakis, never make generalization about entire nations / ethnicity of people if you only encountered few retards to begin with. I can say the same about Swedish people and any other European / Asian nation, but I won't cause it is ridiculous and wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're magnifying the otherwise small problem. If the whole name is not easily readable, why the RBG target caller can't just give others a command like "kill the Priest starting with A" or "kill the warrior starting with P" (in case there are two or more players of same class in BG / RBG)? And if there is only one Pala / Warrior / etc. then what is the problem then?? "Kill the priest, switch to shaman" etc.

Uncomfortable? Yes. Causing serious problems? No. Exaggerated x100 + spiced multiple times by "cheaters", "hackers" and other prejudice. Moreover, when I read all the retarded posts made by teenage haters (adult human beings don't make such threads in first place) and all the inadequate comments, I, a 34-year-old adult with BA in English, sometimes feel like I want to vomit our of despair.

Look at me. I'm Russian, yes, but I have a EU account and I paid more than 500 euros only on char transfers and race changes over 3+ years of playing retail, not including all the sub payments, and I never hacked or cheated / was given any account penalties, etc. So, get over with stupid, inhuman stereotypes.

Blizzard is banning all the people inciting anti-Russian topics, therefore MMO-Champion should start doing likewise.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2014-01-25 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    I think you're magnifying the otherwise small problem. If the whole name is not easily readable, why the RBG target caller can't just give others a command like "kill the Priest starting with A" or "kill the warrior starting with P" (in case there are two or more players of same class in BG / RBG)? And if there is only one Pala / Warrior / etc. then what is the problem then?? "Kill the priest, switch to shaman" etc.

Uncomfortable? Yes. Causing serious problems? No. Exaggerated x100 + spiced multiple times by "cheaters", "hackers" and other prejudice. Moreover, when I read all the retarded posts made by teenage haters and all the inadequate comments, I, a 34-year-old adult with BA in English, sometimes feel like I want to vomit our of despair.

Look at me. I'm Russian, yes, but I have a EU account and I paid more than 500 euros only on char transfers and race changes over 3+ years of playing retail, not including all the sub payments, and I never hacked or cheated / was given any account penalties, etc. So, get over with stupid, inhuman stereotypes.

Blizzard is banning all the people inciting anti-Russian topics, therefore MMO-Champion should start doing likewise. As well as allow posting on forums from 18+ (since 95% of chauvinistic comments are made by angry teens).
    Although I do agree with you that not every Russian is bad, there is a reason why they got their own servers. That counts for any country with their own servers: they were shitting up general chats/random groups, so they got their own servers.

Anyway, just download BattlegroundTargets and call out "Kill #8, CC #11". It's a very inefficient system, but at least it works. The ideal situation would be if Blizzard forced Russians to have a second, English name. That English name would only show up on non-Russian clients.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree that forcing all chars to roll Latin names instead of Cyrillic ones would help.

I personally see no problem with that, but it might provoke some inadequate reaction from Russian kids and teens in return as well as introduce technical difficulties / temporary lags on their realms, so I don't know if this is realistic at the moment.

However, it's not a bad idea. Every Russian player is familiar with Latin alphabet, of course (100% of players) so they can just style their name with Latin characters.

Deleted
    Google Translator integration is much needed I feel, just have every language translate into English, sure it's not perfect but at least it might be somewhat understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I often do randoms with a friend, and between us, it mostly is actually impossible to name certain players. To the russian who made it look easy to read cyrillic characters: It just isn't!! When you grow up using only the latin alphabet, you recognize names and words mostly by their shapes, and do not actually read out every single character. By the time I've figured out half a russian name (I still cannot pronounce), the game is half over, and I cannot rely on that my peers are able to pick out the player based on my (probably faulty pronounciation) in a timely manner. It is a huge barrier, don't try to play that down. For you it might not be that bad, since most non-latin writing cultures are basically forced to at least accustomize with the latin alphabet due to it's overwhelming spread in the world. You just can't compare that. To others, it's just noise, unless you spend some (too much for this purpose) time on it. (How would YOU feel about trying to name players from a sanskrit writing/speaking culture? Like to look up some tables, too?)
    I hate cyrillic, but I hate whining even more, and more than either...i despise other people's inability to adapt.

Not to sound to harsh, but adapt or perish, as the saying would go.

This thread is already going like every other BR and RU thread ever.

"YOU RACIST NOT EVERYONE ONE IS LIKE THIS!!11!!!!"

Anyway, I have given up on the argument, instead just keep begging Blizzard for translations universally to the clients language. In the US The BRs don't cheat, but by god do the majority of them suck so much at WoW that I want to throw things. All I need is a basis for communication without having to minimize my game and go to Google, which for those of you who suggested this, get the hell out, now. When you are in a BG or in a dungeon you don't stop, minimize, go to Google, translate a sentence, then come back, stop the crap. You do not do that. I do not do that, and no one else does either.

THE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM IS NOT TO COMPLAIN: The solution is an ingame automatic translation based on the clients chosen native language.

To the "I can't read Cyrillic letters, they are unfamiliar to me, so it's unfair" folks - it's the same the other way around. While you are trying to make sense of Cyrillic letters, a Russian guy on the other side tries to make sense of Latin letters. If he's better at making sense of your alphabet / language than you are of theirs, it's your problem and your problem only.

???s instead of Cyrillic letters, on the other hand, are a legitimate problem. Blame Blizzard or install Cyrillic fonts.

PS: And shut it with "Russians are hackers / cheaters" already. Do you have any data to back that up? Yeah, thought so. That's just a stupid attack with a racial slur. And you are the one doing it. Think about it for some time.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-25 at 08:03 AM.

I agree it annoyed me sometimes, but as mentioned, let's install those Cyrillic fonts. Russians are like all of us, no more or less cheaters or whatelse. Let's not generalize.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Do you have any data to back that up? Yeah, thought so.
    Well except for the rated battleground ladders being literally dominated a while back by russian players at 3k+ rating
    while wearing nothing but greens and you can still see a few players in 5v5 above 3k rating in shitty gear.

The battleground-exploiters were all banned but that doesnt change the fact that they were 99% russians.

But hey.. people who close their eyes for the truth wont see it.
    Last edited by mmoc9aa38bccdb; 2014-01-25 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Well except for the rated battleground ladders being literally dominated by russian players at 3k+ rating while wearing nothing but greens
    and you can still see a few players in 5v5 above 3k rating in shitty gear.

The battleground-exploiters were all banned but that doesnt change the fact that they were 99% russians.

But hey.. people who close their eyes for the truth wont see it.
    Where can I see the list of banned bg-exploiters sorted by nationality?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    although at least brazzilians use the same alphabet as you. Cant even mouse over a russian player without the tooltip bugging out.
    nuke ????????????
    Which ???????????? ?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I told Blizzard a thousand times, that they should transliterate Russian nicks.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    I told Blizzard a thousand times, that they should transliterate Russian nicks.
    Exactly. That would solve a lot of the problems, and it's something that is trivially simple to do.

Deleted
    Where can I see the list of banned bg-exploiters sorted by nationality?
    I dont believe there is any such list. Why should there really? You could see the ladders with your own
    eyes while they were exploiting. Thats enough for me. If you dont believe it, fine. Wont change the facts

I dont believe there is any such list. Why should there really? You could see the ladders with your own
    eyes while they were exploiting. Thats enough for me. If you dont believe it, fine. Wont change the facts
    So, you have no data. Like I said, that's what I thought.

I see the ladders with my eyes, too. I saw many more wintraders / cheaters with Latin nicks than with Cyrillic nicks. It's not even a contest. Yes, there were Russian teams high up on RBG ladder. Yes, there were guys with Cyrillic nicks wintrading to 4k. Guess what, they got famous because they got ten or so highest places and it took Blizzard a year to ban them. There were plenty of German guys right behind them.

Believe what you want. Just realize it's your stupid beliefs and nothing else. (Facts. Yeah, totally...)
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-25 at 08:31 AM.

Deleted
    So, you have no data. Like I said, that's what I thought.

Believe what you want. Just realize it's your stupid beliefs and nothing else. (Facts. Yeah, totally...)
    Are you dumb? You do realize that the exploiters were banned and removed from the ladders?
    How are you supposed to link them if they have been removed? Do you actually know how to use logic?

Im done with you. Its like trying to have a discussion with a 3 year old. Good luck with life!

Are you dumb? You do realize that the exploiters were banned and removed from the ladders?
    How are you supposed to link them if they have been removed? Do you actually know how to use logic?

Im done with you. Its like trying to have a discussion with a 3 year old. Good luck with life!
    Careful on your way home, don't meet a Russian with a chainsaw, for all you know they might be there to get you.

And just to remind you, I was asking for data backing up this statement of yours:

"The battleground-exploiters were all banned but that doesnt change the fact that they were 99% russians."

No, the ladders wouldn't have saved you. Not my fault you are making statements you can't back up with anything.
    Last edited by rda; 2014-01-25 at 08:37 AM.