10+ Year Old Account

(Sub) Find Weakness cooldown order

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

I'm curious as to what order you guys use your find weakness-enabling cooldowns. I'm a night elf, which means I have a shadowmeld that grants me an extra application of find weakness, and aside from that I had SD, vanish, and prep/vanish. I want to know what the best order the use these is.

I generally open, shadowdance, then shadowmeld, then vanish, then prep/vanish, but at that point everything tends to get convoluted and occasionally I'll find myself out of find weakness and all my stealth CDs have about 15-20 seconds left before they return. If there is a way to optimally roll stealth CDs so FW can be as close to 100% as possible, I would love to hear it. Thanks much.

In your case, I'd just rotate CDs something like this:

Shadow Dance -> Vanish between CD
    Shadow Dance -> Prep-Vanish between CD
    Shadow Dance -> Shadowmeld between CD
    Shadow Dance -> 2nd regular Vanish
    Shadow Dance -> empty gap (pray for 4P procs)
    Shadow Dance -> Shadowmeld

Just keep repeating, basically.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Wish there was a shadowmeld ability on horde side :-/

Start in Stealth with Ambush -> shadow dance -> vanish -> prep vanish -> shadow dance -> Shadowmeld -> first gap, from here on just use what is off cooldown.

You pretty much need the AoC trinket of Sha of Pride to play Sub effectivly. You can also use the glyph of Vanish. This will give you 4 more seconds in stealth per vanish and therefore 4 more seconds of find weakness if used correctly

Quote Originally Posted by hYrsch View Post
    You can also use the glyph of Vanish. This will give you 4 more seconds in stealth per vanish and therefore 4 more seconds of find weakness if used correctly
    I am almost sure this is not the case. Stealth is broken when you ambush. It becomes either subterfuge stealth (which is three seconds and can't be boosted by a glyph), or non-stealth. Vanish glyph gives you more time that you can't be broken out by enemy effects, and I believe that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I am almost sure this is not the case. Stealth is broken when you ambush. It becomes either subterfuge stealth (which is three seconds and can't be boosted by a glyph), or non-stealth. Vanish glyph gives you more time that you can't be broken out by enemy effects, and I believe that is it.
    The vanish glyph allows you to refresh subterfuge, therefore getting two subterfuge durations per vanish.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    The vanish glyph allows you to refresh subterfuge, therefore getting two subterfuge durations per vanish.
    Can you give me a precise example of this? This sounds unintended, and I've not heard of it.

For instance, if I vanish and ambush with subterfuge, I now have three seconds of subterfuge, during which I can ambush again and get more find weakness.

Is the claim: "Glyph Vanish and Talent Subterfuge. Vanish into Ambush. You have three seconds of subterfuge, and at the end of that, subterfuge starts over?"

Or what?

Can you give me a precise example of this? This sounds unintended, and I've not heard of it.

For instance, if I vanish and ambush with subterfuge, I now have three seconds of subterfuge, during which I can ambush again and get more find weakness.

Is the claim: "Glyph Vanish and Talent Subterfuge. Vanish into Ambush. You have three seconds of subterfuge, and at the end of that, subterfuge starts over?"

Or what?
    You vanish and ambush straight in. This means you get a 3 sec subterfuge, but also a 4 second vanish. Getting an ambush off in the second of vanish after your subterfuge has expired allows you to enter a new one. At least it worked when we killed thok the first time which was the last time I played sub, not sure if they fixed it but I doubt so.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    You vanish and ambush straight in. This means you get a 3 sec subterfuge, but also a 4 second vanish. Getting an ambush off in the second of vanish after your subterfuge has expired allows you to enter a new one. At least it worked when we killed thok the first time which was the last time I played sub, not sure if they fixed it but I doubt so.
    yeah thats more or less it. You vanish (4sec duration with glyph) and subterfuge procs (3 secs). Subterfuge ends, vanish got still 1 second left and subterfuge procs again. Shadowcraft says its only a 2k dps increase so not thaaaat important, but its something

Or what?
    Yup , been abusing that since i have gone sub at start of 5.4. Works reliably , noticed it the first time I glyphed vanish , as the vanish duration was about to be over a second subterfuge timer started. So, for each vanish u get, 3+2+10 = 15 secs of fw uptime.
    Playing subtlety is like ballroom dancing, just that there is an ugly monster between you and your partner (tank).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...traws/advanced