10+ Year Old Account

Prideful Gladiator

It looks like all blizz will be doing with prideful gladiator is switching the faction colors of the grievous gear. I dont know how I feel about that. My tauren DK looks awesome in the red gear and I would like the blue gear as well as the alliance version of the 2 handed sword but this removes the fun of checking on MMOchamp for what the new gear is going to look like. Yes I understand that blizz is putting almost all of their developers on WOD so they have to introduce the new season as cheaply as possible but I dont know if its going to feel like anything more than the current patch instead of a new season.

I'm hoping that its place holder but seeing that they put the effort in to switch the colours i'm not so sure. I hope i'm right though.

Wouldn't that just mean the elite gear is identical to how it looks currently? That'd be dumb I guess.

i cant wait to see new sets for this season

I would be utterly shocked if they introduced 11 brand new sets for a stopgap season. I'm fine with the color switch as I was seriously jealous of the alliance DK set and there are probably some other recolors my alts will be happy to have access to.

Was not a fan of the Grievous weapon artwork at all though, so I'm still hoping for something new there. Maybe they could have a 2H mace this time around at least?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo lame, I main a monk, and my only difference will be like yellow rope on my shoulders instead of red. D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Sooo lame, I main a monk, and my only difference will be like yellow rope on my shoulders instead of red. D:
    I agree, the monk set was really lackluster. tyrannical set was so awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Progressiv View Post
    i cant wait to see new sets for this season
    You have already seen them all since it has been confirmed that its the grieveous gear but with different colors.

Source

Ill do the same thing as ive been doing the last couple of seasons. Transmog that ugly shit to something better looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Wouldn't that just mean the elite gear is identical to how it looks currently? That'd be dumb I guess.
    that's what I'm waiting to hear too :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ETA when this current season will be finished?
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Glad to hear this (as an alliance player)!

Red > Blue
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-27 at 09:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    Maybe a month after it goes up on ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    Probably anywhere from 3 to maybe 6 weeks from now I'm guessing. There will still be a 2 week warning before they end the season.

i think he meant the new gear(new models) will have swapped colors. i rly dont see the reason of swaping colors, arent we still at war and shit??? why would I be wearing my enemies' colors??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    You have already seen them all since it has been confirmed that its the grieveous gear but with different colors.

Source

Ill do the same thing as ive been doing the last couple of seasons. Transmog that ugly shit to something better looking.
    Wow... I understand they want to push WoD, but using last seasons (Grevious) gear and just flipping the factions colors? That's pretty god damn weak.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Wow... I understand they want to push WoD, but using last seasons (Grevious) gear and just flipping the factions colors? That's pretty god damn weak.
    If i am understanding this correctly, i am pretty sure blizzard is spending majority of their time working on WOD rather than trying to design a whole completely armor set for another season, they should've just called this season 14.5, because usually all seasons get a new armor set, in which i understand your comment.

These "new" sets are just another cheap thing from Blizzard just to make us wait longer for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    If i am understanding this correctly, i am pretty sure blizzard is spending majority of their time working on WOD rather than trying to design a whole completely armor set for another season, they should've just called this season 14.5, because usually all seasons get a new armor set, in which i understand your comment.
    There are plenty better designs for PvP armors, they did actually bad job, currently PvP armor is a patchwork of other armors with recolor and some spikes.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2014-01-27 at 10:07 PM.

Deleted
    Guess I will be staying in my scourgelord set weilding torch of the damned.

Deleted
    PvE players would cry if PvP players had one more tier of item skin.