Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Features Coming To The Blizzard Store In The Future?

First, i'll say that these are just rumors and not 100% confirmed facts. Supposedly...

Profession Boosts - They're going to start selling profession boost from 1 to maximum level. Yes, this even includes Fishing and Archaeology.
    Pets/Mounts - It's not enough that there's optional pets and mounts in the game, but they're toying with the idea of selling rare mounts like the mount from Tempest Keep and the Karazhan mount on the Blizzard store as well.
    Extra Gear Rolls - No, i'm not even joking. It's been rumored that in WoD they're thinking about letting people buy extra roll chances on gear if their bonus roll should fail to award them gear.

There are more paid feature ideas in development as well.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on these rumors.

Part of me thinks they wouldn't be low enough to start selling all of this crap but then part of me thinks that they just don't care anymore and they're going to trying to milk as much cash as possible while the game's still popular.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure where you're getting the pets and mounts thing from. I believe they only recently said that they'd sell rare special promotion mounts like Tyrael's charger in regions that never originally had access to them. That's completely different from what you're suggesting.

Some sort of profession boost may some with a character boost to 90.
    That has been indicated in the PTR.
    I would hope that is only partial, say upto the level of the prior expansion that level is the cap for.
    To about I think 500 skill or whatever it is that between Cata/MoP.
    As for a paid-for, then I can't see it being a separate service.

No, I can't see rare in-game mounts being sold on the store.

Extra gear rolls ? Short answer No, long answer Nooooooooooooooooooo !
    That would definately be crossing "the line".
    China has had a lesser charms boost - but the weekly quest remained so still limited in quantity of seals that anybody else is per week.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I think its about time that people stopped thinking that blizzard owe them the world for free.
    Who cares if they put mounts on the store, proff boosts or extra rolls.
    Warcraft is end game imo, shit dont matter untill you down them bosses more so on heroic so untill they start selling heroic end game gear on the store stop giving a fuck, quit the countless threads about the cash store and go play some games....seriously.

Gets under my skin when all these ejits seem to think everything should be for free... i mean ask yourself .........what fucking year is it your actually living in?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Some sort of profession boost may some with a character boost to 90.
    That has been indicated in the PTR.
    I would hope that is only partial, say upto the level of the prior expansion that level is the cap for.
    To about I think 500 skill or whatever it is that between Cata/MoP.
    As for a paid-for, then I can't see it being a separate service.
    I could see this - boosting professions so that they're on par with the level boost isn't a bad idea. I could see it being limited to only affecting level 90+, and maybe higher in future expansions if they continue to add levels.

They could probably add more restrictions if they wanted, but there isn't really any point. All this boost would do is eliminate a useless grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    I think its about time that people stopped thinking that blizzard owe them the world for free.
    Warcraft is end game imo, shit dont matter untill you down them bosses more so on heroic so untill they start selling heroic end game gear on the store stop giving a fuck, quit the countless threads about the cash store and go play some games....seriously.

Gets under my skin when all these ejits seem to think everything should be for free... i mean ask yourself .........what fucking year is it your actually living in?!?!?
    ...What?

I care. I'm a firm believer that the in-game raid pets/mounts should be a reward for chain quests/grinding/rare boss drops rather than some credit card warrior just purchasing them.

IF they were to add these features that I think they will, it would reek of desperation.

Where did people get this idea that only end-game raiding is the only thing that matters in a MMORPG? A RPG has a lot of aspects that make up the game, and one of those things is leveling.

I'm still torn on the entire "Paid Level 90" thing because yes, the game is old but instead of just improving some features, they seem to be just allowing people to buy them.

Wtf are you talking about "free"? I think anyone who has farmed for the rare mounts in Kara and Tempest Keep will tell you that it's not free. You know what makes it not free? A monthly subscription fee and the time devoted to finding these mounts.

IMO: People come off more entitled when they want to simply purchase the mounts rather than farm for them.

Deleted
    rumors... cant take all of em serious.
    What are you building your "rumors" on ? what people have told you, taken out of context from blueposts, or just thoughts that you wanted to share?

unless i can get some fun conspericy theory out of it, ill leave it and forget that i ever read your post...

The game would be really looking like a F2P game. I may approve if they atleast removed the sub

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Why would they stop now? They have a loyal, blinded fanbase at their disposal, what Blizzard is managing to get away with is actually impressive. Charging you a subscription and taking content out of the game for a premium.

I fully expect worse things to come, the slippery slope is a reality now.
    Yep. The profession boost will affect the in-game economy. If this goes through, I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Wtf are you talking about "free"? I think anyone who has farmed for the rare mounts in Kara and Tempest Keep will tell you that it's not free. You know what makes it not free? A monthly subscription fee and the time devoted to finding these mounts.
    To be fair, if you're Alliance at least, Kara isn't really much time, it's like 10 minutes total. But I agree with the overall idea, and I believe Blizzard knows selling in-game mounts would cause a lot of negative feedback.

Also, not sure where you heard these rumors from, sounds like the tin-foil hat theories to be honest :x

Why would they stop now? They have a loyal, blinded fanbase at their disposal, what Blizzard is managing to get away with is actually impressive. Charging you a subscription and taking content out of the game for a premium.

I thought most people agreed mounts/pets aren't content. You can't do anything new with them, nor do they change the gameplay or extend it at all.

Anything past cosmetics though and this would be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    what Blizzard is managing to get away with is actually impressive.
    I'll give you that much. I rarely go to the official WoW Forums at the risk of exposure and radiation but when I do, there is ALWAYS one of these threads:

"Blizzard please add x item in the in-game store."
    "Please add x feature in the in-game store."

I've never seen a community so intent on a gaming company adding more paid options and features to a game. So it's kind of hard to blame them when they read the forum for feedback.

You have some people who are angry at them for suggesting more monetization methods in the game.
    Then you have people who actually want more purchasable features.

The WoW Forums makes a great psychology case if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post

Please please leave this game and never look back.

When you say rumours, you mean you made them up based on nothing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Please please leave this game and never look back.
    I would actually agree with you in this situation.

Heroic gear isn't the only gear that really matters, if normal/flex/LFR gear goes on the in game shop, I hope Blizzard gets backlash.

10+ Year Old Account

Explains the email i got of how much i would pay for a character to 90. If some1 gets a email abauth this let us know.
    So we can rage of cose .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I'll give you that much. I rarely go to the official WoW Forums at the risk of exposure and radiation but when I do, there is ALWAYS one of these threads:

"Blizzard please add x item in the in-game store."
    "Please add x feature in the in-game store."

I've never seen a community so intent on a gaming company adding more paid options and features to a game. So it's kind of hard to blame them when they read the forum for feedback.

You have some people who are angry at them for suggesting more monetization methods in the game.
    Then you have people who actually want more purchasable features.

The WoW Forums makes a great psychology case if anything.
    And a lot of WoW players wonder why they are hated so much

Everyone always complains that them adding something is a step closer to a pay to win cash shop. While I don't think Blizzard is above a pay to win cash shop, I don't think it is something they would do with WoW until subs drop below the 2 million mark, and I don't see that happening anytime soon. There are a lot of things they could do with a cash shop though that wouldn't be pay to win.

I really wouldn't like to see them selling current rare drop mounts in the game through a shop, leave them rare drops.

Selling transmog gear is always a good idea, but there's a line to be crossed there. Does designing art for transmog sets in the cash shop take away from designing art for the actual game?

As far as extra gear rolls go, I don't think it would be that bad of an idea, as long as there were equal limits put onto it. For example, we can currently trade in 50 Lesser Charms for 3 bonus rolls per week, if extra loot rolls being sold is a thing, it should be a purchase of 50 Lesser Charms, that way you can't technically pay to win extra loot by a means you couldn't already do in-game. I like the bonus roll feature, and I think it was a very good implementation. But let's say I am busy one week, and I don't have my 50 Lesser Charms, so I drop $10-$15 on the cash shop, and I have my 50 Lesser Charms, which then lets me get my 3 bonus rolls for that week. I wouldn't really feel like I'm paying to win, just more of a lazy tax. I didn't feel like or have time for dailies or whatever that week, but I still wanted bonus rolls.

I really feel like there is a lot they can do with the cash shop without crossing the line, I don't feel like selling a level 90 is crossing a line, especially considering that leveling is just a horrible experience. It's boring unless you have friends actively leveling with you, and unless you have the exact same schedule, then yeah, it's not always going to work out the greatest. A lot of my characters get to 60, and then either get deleted or just never played again, simply because BC content is so brutally boring and mundane that it makes me not want to bother.

Chances are, it's a test for Asian realms, not the US/EU ones. Changes for Asia occasionally pop up in builds for us but don't get implemented. They'd make a LOT of people unhappy if they implemented them here, but with level 90s possibly being bought in the store before long ... profession boosts I can see being added separately. Some people may choose to level to max level without a profession and get one after forcing them to either go back and farm mats themselves or farm the AH. Put in a profession boost and they can skip the low level profession grind. Guess we'll see if that kills the market for low level mats, though.

I would't be overly concerned about it at the moment. Could be a test and be changed/dropped. Could be for Asia. We don't know. It's never a good idea to assume. It only makes an ass of you and me. Speculation is fine and dandy, but don't get carried away with worst case scenarios that may never happen. Doomsayers are rarely taken seriously by sane people.

If you're really taking massive issue with this, post it on a Blue's twitter (I have no idea who to pester, though) or post it on the official forums. You may get a response. No one here can really help you. Blues may read the forums here, but they rarely post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt all of that in the original post, but who knows? Additionally, who cares? I don't. Aside from all the "slippery slope" rhetoric out there, so long as they don't start selling current-tier gear (i.e. what constitutes pay-to-win in my eyes), I could care less what they do with *their* intellectual property.

Also, there's no way to know until they announce it anyway. Why engage in all the hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth until things are confirmed one way or the other? /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The slippery slope is a logical fallacy. People keep bringing that up, People like you keep ignoring it.
    And there's people like you who don't understand the 'slippery slope' isn't a fallacy if used correctly but rather a demonstrable argument.

On the OP, I never put much credence into threads like this unless there is some sort of source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted