Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    All priests are good, holy is pretty overpowered.

Deleted
    Killexia, you haven't given us much to go on: what kind of content do you do? what spec is your paladin etc?

For what it's worth, I tried a disc priest alt as a change from my palatank main and had a blast. If you've not healed before, a disc priest is a great introduction, as it feels quite dps like - especially when levelling. I now find pure healing very interesting but the atonement play style was a nice gateway into it. I normally don't enjoy dps roles, but found shadow fine - quite simple and gets the job done when soloing (at a certain point (Cata/MoP), soloing as a tank or healer gets to be a pain). I can't speak to high end play, but as you know, disc priests seem fotm while shadow simms at the bottom of the dps charts.

Ignore the idiots saying shadow is bad in pvp. It's pretty balanced tbh, only thing that is rather irritating is relying on mindblast (and procs from swp) for orbs and having our disarm require the resources we need for bursting. Horror should be baseline and cost no shadow orbs. WoD is changing our way of generating orbs which is a nice change..
    You will learn a lot about priest mechanics if you roll shadow in pvp. Takes a little bit more skill compared to locks/mages/hunters and requires teammates who know what they are doing. But then again, arena has always been like that. Bad players will fail hard and bitch about it. Our burst is second only to enhance shaman, just requires the proper positioning and cc, something that priests have always had to deal with. I was 2140 last season and that was only because I wanted the 100 wins for the mount.

Shadow is also fine for challenge modes, just not realm best times. You need pure dps classes for that but that's fine, all is as it should be.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.