Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post

Also, again, the police don't seem to have any radar gun evidence. They claim he was going fast. So again, it's one side with evidence, and one side without evidence.
    It may not be one side with evidence (GPS) vs another side without evidence. Evidence concerning a cop's expertise in determining speed, how long they have been on the force, how long they observed the incident, etc can be and have been admitted and subsequently relied upon by courts. Even without radar or any other method for speed tracking, a cop's estimating can be sufficient to uphold conviction.

Wil cite when I get home to evidence casebook.
    Last edited by Lockstatus; 2014-01-28 at 06:16 PM.

It's funny none of the regular media outlets have mentioned this at all. With this being such a big story if there was even a hint the cops made this up they would be all over it like a wet blanket. Or as a co-worker likes to say a fat kid on a smartie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockstatus View Post
    Even without radar or any other method for speed tracking, a cop's estimating can be sufficient to uphold conviction.
    Yes, I know that there have been cases concerning speeding without any evidence other than the police officer's word. (I said as much earlier in this thread) I'm not so sure there have been cases where there was also evidence refuting the police officer's word, and it was still upheld anyway. Obviously I think it varies too much by judge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I know that there have been cases concerning speeding without any evidence other than the police officer's word. (I said as much earlier in this thread) I'm not so sure there have been cases where there was also evidence refuting the police officer's word, and it was still upheld anyway. Obviously I think it varies too much by judge.
    Our previous argument aside, does he actually have evidence that his GPS clocked him at a much lower speed? As in some kind of log or photo showing a recap of his route and maximum speed. Physical evidence? Even then, it may not hold up in court, but without it his chances would be substantially lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Our previous argument aside, does he actually have evidence that his GPS clocked him at a much lower speed? As in some kind of log or photo showing a recap of his route and maximum speed. Physical evidence? Even then, it may not hold up in court, but without it his chances would be substantially lower.
    I don't know, that wasn't my claim, that's just how the thread started. The story has been passed around a fair amount, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. I'm not really in a position to say that evidence does or doesn't exist, nor is anyone else on this forum AFAIK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, that wasn't my claim, that's just how the thread started. The story has been passed around a fair amount, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. I'm not really in a position to say that evidence does or doesn't exist, nor is anyone else on this forum AFAIK.
    I must have interpreted your post just above saying "one side with evidence, one side without" to mean that he actually had evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    I must have interpreted your post just above saying "one side with evidence, one side without" to mean that he actually had evidence.
    That's the claim that is the entire point of the thread. Why should I assume, as you apparently have, that the evidence doesn't exist? Why bother responding to this thread if that's your assumption? You could just post in the other thread about the initial arrest.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the claim that is the entire point of the thread. Why should I assume, as you apparently have, that the evidence doesn't exist? Why bother responding to this thread if that's your assumption? You could just post in the other thread about the initial arrest.
    Fair enough - though once I actually looked it up, every single article seems to be hinging on a TMZ report.