Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

90 minute long LFR boss fight

So for the first time in weeks, I gave LFR another go after many weeks just for lolz. The boss was galakaras. APPARENTLY if someone gets in one of the cannons on the towers and AFKs then the fight will go on FOREVER

Well this LFR group had this problem and the fight went on for NINTY MINUTES. No, I'm not over exaggerating. People sat there and mindlessly kill endless waves of adds until both tanks finally got bored and left in which then, the NPCs died ending the fight.

Now I see why people hate LFR, all it takes is 1 troll to drag everyone's day in LFR 20 times longer than it should have been. By the time we wiped, there were several people with over 1-10 billion damage done. I think one ele shaman even had 20 billion+

Why does blizzard allow this happen? why does this boss NOT have an enrage timer or something that doesn't allow people to go afk in the cannon and be stuck in phase 1 for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    So for the first time in weeks, I gave LFR another go after many weeks just for lolz. The boss was galakaras. APPARENTLY if someone gets in one of the cannons on the towers and AFKs then the fight will go on FOREVER

Well this LFR group had this problem and the fight went on for NINTY MINUTES. No, I'm not over exaggerating. People sat there and mindlessly kill endless waves of adds until both tanks finally got bored and left in which then, the NPCs died ending the fight.

Now I see why people hate LFR, all it takes is 1 troll to drag everyone's day in LFR 20 times longer than it should have been. By the time we wiped, there were several people with over 1-10 billion damage done. I think one ele shaman even had 20 billion+

Why does blizzard allow this happen? why does this boss NOT have an enrage timer or something that doesn't allow people to go afk in the cannon.
    because the boss fight doesn't start until gala is on the floor, if the fight lasted more than 15 mins i would of left.

Why didn't you just wipe it, kicked the idiot in the tower and gave it a shot again?

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't allow it to happen. You report the guy who did that and then they will get banned for griefing. Simples.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

If every person in that raid wasn't brain-dead, they'd have reported the offender and gotten a GM to forcibly remove him, and probably ban him.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

It says a lot more about the group that it took them 90 minutes and the tanks leaving before the problem was fixed than it does about the one person for going afk in the cannon.

I've never seen this happen.

Even if it did, the person in the turret can't keep the fight going alone. It's at least as much the fault of the people on the ground continuing to endlessly kill add waves rather than wiping it and kicking the timewaster, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    If every person in that raid wasn't brain-dead
    That's a lot to expect in LFR.

I wonder if more people will end up doing this now. It probably wasnt seen as a griefable mechanic as a number of such mechanics are usually removed, changed, or gutted so that players can work around griefing dbags.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    They don't allow it to happen. You report the guy who did that and then they will get banned for griefing. Simples.
    Lawl, thanks for the laugh.

Why does blizzard allow this happen? why does this boss NOT have an enrage timer or something that doesn't allow people to go afk in the cannon and be stuck in phase 1 for life.
    They don't. If you let the NPCs die the fight ends. Huge improvement over people messing with Spine of Deathwing (which you actually could not do anything about since there's nothing there to stop you if you actually did nothing).

Messing with Spine of Deathwing? How, exactly? O.o
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Deleted
    I don't think it's that simple though.

Because you can't really prove that he was griefing. For all we know he could have just gotten in the cannon and had an emergency in which he has to go handle it leaving his computer without logging off or exiting the cannon.

Deleted
    I don't think there's any mechanic stopping you from keeping the spine of DW fight going on forever. The tendrils just are there and look pretty. They do nothing. Searing plasma is healed by 1 half awake healer. If you don't kill the tendril to spawn amalgamation you can just sit there and enjoy the trip on DW's back.

Ofc it was much more likely for the DPS to tunnel vision the amalgamation despite STOP DPS macros being spammed 10 times a second.

lol. Didnt the group notice something whent he 30th wave spawned?

Im just curious, was this on US?

I'm shocked I've never heard of this before actually. I always knew it was possible. I always feared that if I didn't get in the cannon someone who didn't know what they were doing would do so.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's that simple though.

Because you can't really prove that he was griefing. For all we know he could have just gotten in the cannon and had an emergency in which he has to go handle it leaving his computer without logging off or exiting the cannon.
    Actually, you probably could, assuming you can get logged out by doing nothing in the cannon at least. If you can get logged out and go offline (what would happen in an emergency or power goes out), you can get kicked in combat. Thus resolving the issue.

90minutes... mmmm... gear woulda broken by then, no?

Deleted
    They don't take action. I did LFR Galakras and one guy always started the encounter before everyone was ready (missing healers/tanks) or even alive. After a few wipes I finally got people to stay away from the NPCs so we could spot that asshole. We did spot him but couldn't kick him because of being in a fight etc. We managed to kick him later and I filed a report.

The GM said that we should just kick him........that was his entire response.

Wow, that's amazing. I wonder why you didn't wipe out faster, just let him kill a npc, or simply use the hearthstone to teleport out.

Should it be puniishable? Well obviously when it checks out he did this more often it should. But if it happened once you don't know if he fell asleep while he was waiting for the other tower to be finished, or because he really had to go afk because there was an emergency. Both unlikely, but not impossible for sure. No idea if the auto-logout works when you are in a vehicle and/or infight.

Nonetheless this should be fixed on Blizzards side with a enrage timer or a auto eject from the cannons after two minutes with a debuff.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP was the guy in the cannon, and he is sharing his adventures with us to draw further enjoyment from them?