Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Garrosh Heirlooms Drop from Bonus roll or NOT

According to this tweet https://twitter.com/olandgren/status/427883052681793536 that was linked on MMO-Champion on 28-th January

Garrosh is not suposed to drop the heirloom weapons via bonus roll on Flex/Normal/Heroic difficulty.

Myself have rolled coins on that fight numerous times only to win 4 different items but never a weapon (besides winning it before the bonus roll)

However many ppl have reported that they have won weapons on their bonus rolls.
    I asume many more ppl would probably state the same but can anyone confirm that via a screenshot?
    Another way to be sure if someone has won 2 weapons on a single fight meaning one of it was deff from a bonus roll. Something that could be seen in a guild log of aquired items.

I want to be sure in order to know if i should continue saving and spending coins for that fight or if it is a complete waste.

- - - Updated - - -

Any comments would be helpfull even without a screenshot confirmation

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either they lied, or there have been a bug, which have been fixed...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I'm 100% sure on our first garrosh hc (25) kill someone coined it.

Why?

At the moment of kill 3 ppl got BoA weapons
    1-2 seconds pass
    A guy coins epic
    Another gets a BoA item (has to be coin?)

No screenshot sry
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post

Why?

1-2 seconds pass
    A guy coins epic

No screenshot sry

Thank you for that update. That is enough for me to keep using my coins. ScreenShot would of been best so everyone can know for sure that the tweet should not be trusted at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why continue using coins?
    Blizzard have stated, you cannot get BoA from a coin.

As I stated above, either people lied, or there was a bug, which have been fixed..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

For gods sake people, weapons are on a separate roll that you cannot affect in any way. Now quit the subject, I can't belive some people are so stubborn.

Why?

1-2 seconds pass
    A guy coins epic

No screenshot sry
    I myself got a BoA a few seconds after the loot had gone out, could've been a lagspike or whatever so doesn't have to be a coin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    I myself got a BoA a few seconds after the loot had gone out, could've been a lagspike or whatever so doesn't have to be a coin.
    I got the spirit mace (worthless mace, as spirit will be healer-only in WoD and ai don't play any healers.. So much for "first heirloom will be suitable for you class and spec"), on our last kill.. Not from a coin, but it didn't appear, until MasterLooter had handed out the tier token..

So yes, delay can happen..

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I got the spirit mace (worthless mace, as spirit will be healer-only in WoD and ai don't play any healers.. So much for "first heirloom will be suitable for you class and spec"), on our last kill.. Not from a coin, but it didn't appear, until MasterLooter had handed out the tier token..

So yes, delay can happen..

You mean to tell us that you got a weapon different from your spec and on your first weapon win.
    I would make a ticket if i was you.
    If that is true and you also had it deilayed by so much i can only specualte that you had won the weapon for your class/spec on a previous kill but it got delayed so much that you didn't recieve it and logged out too early....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    Strange delays. Seems that the only way to prove weapons can drop from coins is if someone has gotten 2 weapons on 1 kill meaning that one of them is guranteed to be from a coin.

Deleted
    make a ticket indeed, you never know what they will say

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah he probably plays a hybrid that gets hit from spirit atm.
    As for the heirlooms, I'd just stop coining if I were you.

I never heard of someone winning the BoA weapon by coin, and I thought it was fairly obvious after the first 100 kills that they were not coinable.
    Additionally we have a blue post stating the exact loot roles. I don't get how anyone would still doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    You mean to tell us that you got a weapon different from your spec and on your first weapon win.
    He never said he got a weapon for a wrong spec. He just said he got the spirit mace, which might also apply to elemental shamans or moonkins. And for those classes spirit will get useless once WoD comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing he players a boomer like me as I also received the spirit mace. At this point spirit = hit so it apparently is a useful item for his spec. I assume opening a ticket will not help but hey it can't hurt to try I guess.

I posted this bit of info someplace yesterday and i have 4 ppl stating they have seen or have themselves gotten a weapon from Garrosh on a coin roll.

One said that his GM has won 2 weapons on a single kill wich for me means there is no way that the second one is not from a coin. However there is no screenshot proof of that.
    The others stating that they got their weapons on a roll but here i can speculate that the winning of the weapon could of been delayed like previous posters state. Resulting in poping up after you hit the roll coin button.

The reason i created this post is to seek proof of the blizz statement in that tweet. As we can all agree that not everything is black and white even after a blizz statement that it is. If it wasn't for other comments i wouldn't be aware of possible delay on winning a weapon that might explain the reason behind some weapon drops seem like coined. But all this delay thing seems quite strange.
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2014-01-29 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    I would make a ticket if i was you.
    If that is true and you also had it deilayed by so much i can only specualte that you had won the weapon for your class/spec on a previous kill but it got delayed so much that you didn't recieve it and logged out too early....
    Yes and no..
    In MoP, spirit is a valid stat for moonkins, except for the fact that everyone is waaaaaay over hitcap..
    But since it's an heirloom (scales upwards and is to be used for levelling in WoD), it's not usefull for moonkins, as spirit does NOTHING for non-healers in WoD and mastery is the worst stat..

People who said they coined it are lieing or think they coined it because its autobagged or a loot delay/lag etc.

I thought it was common knowledge you couldn't coin it, mind you, I wasted a few coins trying it before I bothered to look it up.

And regarding the "wrong specc weapon on first BoA"
    Im a sub rogue and first BoA I got was a Cleaver (axe), so I got for wrong specc.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Im a sub rogue and first BoA I got was a Cleaver (axe), so I got for wrong specc.
    And your loot spec was set at ?
    I believe heirlooms work like all other gear and go by the Loot Specialization you have set.

Subtlety can (although it's not optimal at all) use a slow weapon in the offhand and still use every single one of their spells, and that's why you can loot an axe as subtlety. The only rogue spec with weapon filtering is assassination because it requires daggers to use mutilate.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    For gods sake people, weapons are on a separate roll that you cannot affect in any way. Now quit the subject, I can't belive some people are so stubborn.
    Except the 12+ weapons we've seen drop have *ONLY* been coined. Not a single one has dropped without using a bonus roll. So either they fixed a bug or Blizzard has it backwards.