Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    You clearly didn't understand the point, the point was decisions. However since you wanted to bring up snapshotting Destruction for example does that with Immolate, it is often worth overwriting one even if pandemic wouldn't take full effect.

It doesn't matter if you use pictures. I could link one of Feral and say "oh lol, they spend 25% of their time doing nothing whereas other classes do something 100% of the time, clearly feral is as easy to play as an assassination rogue!" but that would also mean absolutely nothing.

Also, my main is a Disc priest with a shadow off-spec, my second most progressed character is a Resto Druid with a feral off-spec. I have all classes at 90 and I play mainly healers, not dps. "Blindingly obvious", lol. While I have a Warlock we both know that's not what you meant. Next.
    I...

Really?

You can't see how showing how many abilities a class uses and how long it spends uses them shows a classes difficulty?

Also, I...Err... don't know how to respond to the silly Feral argument you just made.

I'm sure someone that just started the game (hell I think even my little sister!) would be able to look at a chart and see Ferals use a lot more abilities than assassination rogues; despite them spending slightly longer waiting on energy regen. I don't get it, that was literally the silliest response I've ever seen on the forums in a long time. I take it the exaggerated example was to try and make me look silly or?

As to disregarding the information I posted, fine, I don't care if you think it proves nothing. Someone else will probably find it useful.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-31 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for Survival Hunter, as with T16 4p and Assurance it can be really powerful with minimal effort (dat explosive shot spam).
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Okay, this argument is getting old now. "Harder to play a class that relies on snapshotting"? I linked destro lock, arcane mage and elemental shaman lol! What snap-shotting do any of them specs do (unless you're trying to convince me of the ungodly skill requirement it takes to wait for a trinket to proc before spamming chaos bolts into the boss.)

In fact, since we're comparing difficulty of classes, I think my post (linking time spent using different abilities) has been the most relevant in this entire thread of "my class is hard, everyone else's is easy".
    Damn that ego lol. Also that quick edit in your post to avoid anyone from noticing that you assumed something that wasn't true. Hilarious.
    Showing us which class uses the most time casting what proves nothing at all. You are trying to tell us that the class which uses the most buttons is the most difficult? No class in WoW is inherently difficult to play; it has always been the decision making that separates the good players from the bad ones.

EDIT: Your response completely proves Lohe's point. You clearly don't get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, I...Err... don't know how to respond to the silly Feral argument.

I'm sure someone that just started the game would be able to look at a chart and see ferals use a lot more abilities than assassination rogues; despite them spending slightly longer waiting on energy regen. I don't get it, that was literally the silliest response I've ever seen on the forums in a long time.
    The fact that you find it silly should tell you enough because it's exactly what you did.

"Guys, look at the abilities mostly used by these specs" without touching on the decisions that results in the use of those spells is the exact same thing as only looking at waiting time and drawing conclusions from that. You obviously can't see it and that's why you're a person that can't be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Damn that ego lol. Also that quick edit in your post to avoid anyone from noticing that you assumed something that wasn't true. Hilarious.
    Showing us which class uses the most time casting what proves nothing at all. You are trying to tell us that the class which uses the most buttons is the most difficult? No class in WoW is inherently difficult to play; it has always been the decision making that separates the good players from the bad ones.
    In my defense I edited it before they posted it (but they hadn't refreshed the page) in case I was wrong about which class they play (which it looks like I was wrong).

EDIT: Okay fuck me, I linked a couple of charts to roughly show what other classes did. I didn't say it was die-hard evidence, I said it was the most relevant because at the moment everyones just calling their own classes hard and everyones else easy; but since people are intent on ripping these graphs apart as they don't precisely say a classes difficulty, ignore them.

Arcane mages & destro locks are hard okay, I don't know what you want.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-01-31 at 03:31 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 Elemental Shaman
    2 Survival Hunter

I have both and do very well tonight in our guilds SoO run I was getting over 800k on some trash pulls which for me is good considering.. lol Spam the hell out of Chain Lightning on a large group and watch your dps go through the roof.. lol

On boss fights it depends but I range from 120k to about 220k to 250k..

My Survival hunters dps is very good too again doing well with my hunter..

10+ Year Old Account
    elemental shaman is easiest in my experience. Chain lightning so hard.
    Hi

Definitely elemental shaman, especially if you run PE. Having EB or UF gives it a little more flavor, but it's still super simple even then.

Having played like almost every ranged, they are all pretty damn easy. Actually pretty hard to say which one is the easiest. Destro is just keep using Conflagrate and spam Incinerate while Immolation is up, frost is just put the debuff, spam Frostbolt and wait for Ice Lance and Frostfire Bolt to proc, hunter is just keep track of the energy bar and know the right time when to use Steady Shot or Aimed Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    What the title says really. Ive never been a caster, they arnt my thing so im just curious to how they play seeing as though i never have played one and maybe never will :P
    Easy to do good or easy to do perfect?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Used to be Arcane Mage, but now I'd say that's the most annoying one. I think the easiest is Shadow Priest since you really only have 4-5 spells to worry about.
    You can't only count the spells, shadow priests do dot snapshotting of 3 different dots + they got 6 "rotation" spells and 5 cooldowns(1 is a dps increase), that is not counting from darkness comes light which adds another "rotation" spell, desperate prayer which adds another defensive cooldown, power infusion which adds another dps cooldown or any level 90 talents.

I'd say frost mage, destro warlock and ele shaman are the easiest

- - - Updated - - -

I...

Really?

You can't see how showing how many abilities a class uses and how long it spends uses them shows a classes difficulty?

Also, I...Err... don't know how to respond to the silly Feral argument you just made.

I'm sure someone that just started the game (hell I think even my little sister!) would be able to look at a chart and see Ferals use a lot more abilities than assassination rogues; despite them spending slightly longer waiting on energy regen. I don't get it, that was literally the silliest response I've ever seen on the forums in a long time. I take it the exaggerated example was to try and make me look silly or?

As to disregarding the information I posted, fine, I don't care if you think it proves nothing. Someone else will probably find it useful.
    So you are saying a class with 50% downtime, 3 buttons where you need perfect timing is easier than a class where you got 4 buttons to randomly mash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    My main is a rogue,

Still think priest / locks / ele are more simple in terms of rotation.

A friend botted his DK in one of our HC fights and was still beating a lot of people... depends on the player I guess.
    If he "botted" or used a rotation helper its not strange he beat a lot of people, since those are pretty sophisticated now.

I mean, arcane has a decision making process behind which spells to cast at any given moment which frost mostly lacks.

As a mage, I think frost is by far the easiest spec and arcane is probably a little harder than fire to squeeze the most DPS out of.

Destro lock has a very easy rotation, and u only watch the int procs to go destroy things with chaos bolts aside of that ele sham has an easy rotation aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele Shaman followed by Surv Hunter. I mean, BMs probably easier, but since there's little point playing it in PvE, I don't really list it.

Ele Shaman not only have arguably the easiest rotation in the game, but they can move without losing DPS the vast majority of the time. Their filler is obviously castable while moving, and Lava Surge procs, especially with high haste, ensures they don't even have to hard-cast Lava Burst, which already has a short cast time, all that often. Utterly effortless AoE.

As for Hunters.. so many people don't seem to get the most out of their hunter, but they're in the same boat. Mindless, effective AoE, ZERO repercussions from movement-heavy fights, extremely simple rotation and cooldown usage.

I main Arcane/Fire depending on how my gear is at the time, and, like most classes, including the aforementioned two, they're easy to play, and fairly difficult to play perfectly, for most. Arcane has truly awful mobility, and relies greatly on excellent positioning of runes/movement around raid mechanics to stay on your rune and not have to constantly recast it. Can't just charge forward into adds to Arcane Explosion them down like Fire can, have to recast your rune, make sure you're not going to have to move anytime soon, then do it. Not hard, but then again, what is?

Fire still requires a good Combustion to pull great numbers, and few people can master this, for whatever reason. With high crit, it's not so much a "pray to the RNG gods" spec - you'll crit the vast majority of the time, you just have to keep your cool and not waste your pyro procs without fireballs except during combustion, and having the reactions/latency to Inferno Blast heating up procs even during lust/meta procs, which can often be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Arcane is still the easier Mage spec.
    I'm inclined to say that arcane is the hardest of the mage specs to play perfectly in PvE right now.

Deleted
    Destruction Warlock, Frost Mage, Elemental Shaman

I have a 90 boomkin, mage, warlock, monk I've played in raid environments. Easiest by far is destro lock....joke to play and massively OP. Dunno how locks can have the nerve to say they're balanced lol. Anyone who's played multiple classes and has a brain should say the same. Pointless to complain about at the end of an expansion but funny they made it so far in this state anyway.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction rotation seems simple enough, but there are a number of things to constantly monitor, such as temporary buffs (especially crit ones), ember level and certain cooldowns. Single target is not bad, anything more and it can get much more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ele shaman by far.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priest is easy on paper, much like affliction but is a lot deeper than a lot give credit for. Most people do tremendously bad DPS as shadow not only because the class is a bit under tuned, but because they don't play it properly. Dot snap shotting is important for shadow, but it's a little bit different compared to how others who worry about snap shotting dots do it. Also not understanding when to cutoff insanity is a pretty big thing.

Frost mage seems fairly easy in PvE but the king is probably elemental shaman at the moment.

Destruction would be fairly straight forward if it wasn't for rolling immolates with high SP and or crit (more important for crit) and choas bolt reaction within procs etc.