Deleted

Need components - Budget Micro ATX build!

Hi guys, I need to make a computer for my brother and have half the components already.
    Must be Micro ATX

Budget: Do not have one, but just don't want to spend an unnecessary amount for a simple PC.

Resolution: 1920x1080

Games / Settings Desired:
    Needed for just games primarily, just WoW on High. Nothing fancy. Also SC2 with good performance but does not need Ultra.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc):
    None

Parts that can be reused:
    Case: Fractal Design r4 Micro ATX
    Graphics Card: GTX 560Ti (Can this be used in a Micro ATX Build?)
    Storage: SSD + HDD (No more storage needed)
    PSU: 550w bronze edition

So just need Motherboard, CPU and RAM

Do you need an OS?
    No

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    N0

He does not need to do any over clocking and does not want to so I recommended the following:
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.20GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-B85M-D3H Intel B85 (Socket 1150) Micro-ATX

RAM: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz

Deleted
    Using AriaPC since that's what you're linking to. I'd either pay a little extra for the i5-4670 or save the money and go with an i3-4130.

Rest looks good.

Deleted
    CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-core
    Motherboard: MSI B85-G43
    RAM: Get the Low Profile version for similar price.

Total cost: £220 inclusding P&P, all from Scan. For an extra £100, you can go up to the Z87 version of that motherboard and get an i5-4670k, even though your friend won't overclock, it's still more flexible.

Deleted
    Use http://uk.pcpartpicker.com
    Personally I think an i3 would be a bad choice, one of the newer unlocked i5's would be better for future-proofing, as well as giving better performance due to being quad-core as opposed to the dual-core i3's.

Deleted
    I personally say to myself that i3 is best left for office work and games for i5. I know this is a very broad statement and most likely wrong but if you say i3's can run games just fine then I trust you guys! SC2 can be more demanding than WoW I would have said so that is something to consider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    I personally say to myself that i3 is best left for office work and games for i5. I know this is a very broad statement and most likely wrong but if you say i3's can run games just fine then I trust you guys! SC2 can be more demanding than WoW I would have said so that is something to consider.
    i3 is suggested for people who only play WoW, but if you want to play other games, then i5 would be better.
    PM me weird stuff :3