Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

What are the most overpowered Cards in Hearthstone?

Hi I play one day only but in my opinion some cards are overpowered:

-All the 1/3 Hero Minions that cost one mana.

-Backstab

-Coin on Rogue

-Unleash the Dogs

-Truesilver Champion

-Arcane Intellect & Thoughtsteal

What are your thoughts?

€dit I think Hex is overpowered also, providing an equivalent to Polymorph but at one less mana. And you can even hex your own cards to preemptively counter chargers lategame.
    Last edited by mmoc378cde15a3; 2014-01-26 at 07:02 PM.

I think Blessing of Kings for what it is is Over Powered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Ragnaros. The only way to make him useless is to spam the board with low level minions, which you can rarely do

i met a warlock on my mage.
    the lock managed to get a card on the table that had 21 attack and 19 defence.
    try to kill that!

so you think i am saying that the lock is overpowered????
    hell no!!

the mage sheep is! i placed sheep on that card and gone it was :P
    sheep is soooooo overpowered!
    and loving it :P
    just playing the mage basic deck and doing just fine

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Ragnaros. The only way to make him useless is to spam the board with low level minions, which you can rarely do
    Ofc nearly every class has some form of hard mob removal; so any legendary can be countered pretty easily...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    i met a warlock on my mage.
    the lock managed to get a card on the table that had 21 attack and 19 defence.
    try to kill that!

so you think i am saying that the lock is overpowered????
    hell no!!

the mage sheep is! i placed sheep on that card and gone it was :P
    sheep is soooooo overpowered!
    and loving it :P
    just playing the mage basic deck and doing just fine
    Sheep is the equivalent of any card that has "destroy minion", wouldn't say it is overpowered givent that this is the only destroy minion the mage has in its arsenal. I'd have to go with Jaraxus Ragnaros and Faceless Manipulator.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Ofc nearly every class has some form of hard mob removal; so any legendary can be countered pretty easily...
    And if you don't happen to have that one card to remove him, you'll get your whole ass kicked in the following turns to the point where there's no return. Out of my head mage has sheep and Pyroblast, warrior can execute (if damaged), hunter can Deadly Shot (if lucky or he's the only minion), rogue's can assasinate, warlocks have that one destroy a minion card, druids have naturalize that no one in their right mind puts in their deck, paladin has that card that decreases his health to one, priest have Shadow Word Death, Shaman have Hex. Don't have any of the cards with the class your playing? GG

15+ Year Old Account
    or you know, Big Game Hunter.

MC is still probably OP, especially given you can have 2 of them. The only reason nobody is complaining about it is that rush is so strong that you rarely see the endgame and Priests are otherwise relatively weak.

I think a lot of Hunter cards are either too strong or synergise too well together.

I play a Druid but let's be honest, Ironbark Protectors are OP as well.

IMO reducing him to 5HP would bring him into line.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Assuming you have said removal in the deck, assuming you have it in your hand, assuming you haven't already had to use it on something else.

The problem is that it's a win condition. IF you can counter it then poof it's gone. IF not then your opponent wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rag is overpowered, there is no doubt about it. There is a reason he is used in so many top decks.

Easily unleash after the latest change.

Deleted
    Seriously people, hunters? Only thing about UTH is that it probably needs to cost 3 instead of 2. Nowhere near the scale of OP like ysera/rag.

Hunters are easily in one of the worst spots atm.
    Last edited by mmocbe88c133e3; 2014-01-27 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeginnerPlayeFirstDayGame View Post
    Hi I play one day only but in my opinion some cards are overpowered:

-All the 1/3 Hero Minions that cost one mana.
    But there's only two like that: Northshire Cleric and Void Walker.

-Backstab

-Coin on Rogue
    Backstab only works on undamaged minions. Coin isn't that dangerous since every class has at least 1 way to kill the 2/1 from Defias Ringlieader.

-Unleash the Dogs
    Only powerful if there's 3+ minions on opposing side.

-Truesilver Champion
    What's OP about it? It's a 4 mana card that can be destroyed by an Ooze or Harrison Jones. I find Fiery War Axe as being stronger since it's available by turn 2 and really helps out a Pirate deck.

-Arcane Intellect & Thoughtsteal
    Arcane Intellect is terrible unless you are just dominating the board. Thoughtsteal can be crap if it grabs two of your weak minions/spells from your deck.

What are your thoughts?

€dit I think Hex is overpowered also, providing an equivalent to Polymorph but at one less mana. And you can even hex your own cards to preemptively counter chargers lategame.
    Hex needs a higher mana cost or Overload.

Nat Pagle and Unleash the Hounds are widely considered the two most overpowered cards currently and the most likely to see change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Hex costs one less mana due to the fact that it leaves a taunt minion on the board, which you MUST expend at least one attacker to get rid of before you can go for anything else. Polymorph is a plain 1/1, and while it's common to ping it off afterwards you don't actually need to hit if you are, for instance, going for lethal.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Seriously people, hunters? Only thing about UTH is that it probably needs to cost 3 instead of 2. Nowhere near the scale of OP like ysera/rag.

Hunters are easily in one of the worst spots atm.
    Hunters are in a much better place then warrior decks atm (or at least that's how ive found) and can easily contend with most other decks, was playing against a hunter the other day and (although I wasn't paying attention at all), by the 5th or 6th turn he had a 12/? minion on the board (the one that gets +2 every time a friendly minion dies, starving buzzard or?)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    Paladin chat and whispers now appear with sparkles.
    We have officially changed the name of the "rogue" class to “rouge.”
    All dungeon & raid bosses now have legs. If they already had legs, they got more legs.

Yeti.

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Selestarius View Post
    was playing against a hunter the other day and (although I wasn't paying attention at all), by the 5th or 6th turn he had a 12/? minion on the board (the one that gets +2 every time a friendly minion dies, starving buzzard or?)
    Scavenging Hyena - it gets +2/+1 when friendly Beast dies, so not just any minion. It needs some time, effort/skills, and I guess luck with draws to set up. But then, you've said you weren't paying attention, no wonder he managed to pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    But there's only two like that: Northshire Cleric and Void Walker.
    And mana wyrm, but there presents a problem in itself. They're all fantastic and *MASSIVELY* over budget, because they're 1 drops. Unfortunately for some classes they're very hard to kill turn 1/2.
    Backstab only works on undamaged minions. Coin isn't that dangerous since every class has at least 1 way to kill the 2/1 from Defias Ringlieader.
    Backstab is fine imo, but whether a rogue goes first or second with either ring leader or vancleef practically decides games. OP or not, it's bad design.
    Only powerful if there's 3+ minions on opposing side.
    It's flexible, you can use it vs 2 for great affect as card draw, or to power up a hyena, etc.
    What's OP about it? It's a 4 mana card that can be destroyed by an Ooze or Harrison Jones. I find Fiery War Axe as being stronger since it's available by turn 2 and really helps out a Pirate deck.
    A big thing about being OP is what it synergies with. Pirates while not bad, just aren't great unless you get lucky with the parrots. Weapons are generally effective though, the heal seems pure bonus when arcanite reaper is a 5/2 for 5 (although once again cheaper cards tend to be more effective per mana)
    While both weapons are fantastic anyway, arguing that one is good in "X unplayed deck" really isn't the way to counter it. Weapons are extremely efficient removal because they trade your health and don't add board presence. Truesilver isn't an outlier here.
    Arcane Intellect is terrible unless you are just dominating the board. Thoughtsteal can be crap if it grabs two of your weak minions/spells from your deck.
    Arcane Intellect is great since a lot of mages rely on drawing their direct damage spells even in aggro play, so a 2 for 1 cycle isgreat and can work in conjunction with board clears or freezes, or just having control as you said.
    Thoughtsteal is even better, really. Comparative to the rest of their deck it can "grab something weak", but if their deck is any good you aren't going to grab an angry chicken or anything.
    Hex gives your opponent a taunt, even if its a weak one. Shamans also cant hero ping it unless they got lucky the turn before AND the opponent didn't remove the totem(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Sylvanas is probably too strong for the mana cost.
    Fire Elemental is insanely good value
    Defender of Argus is still a little too strong
    Nat Pagle needs a slight nerf
    Rag should probably cost 9
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh