Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The last few top laners were:

Yasuo (if you count him), Aatrox, Vi, Zac, and almost 2 years ago Elise.

I expect it'll be a Mage/something, hopefully with an escape, self heal or CC (I hate Nasus and Xin, please give me something to make them cry. Hard.).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Top lane also usually means jungle champion, so I'm happy with this.
    I guess his spotlight will show him as a top laner, but with most champions and their spotlights they can be played on other lanes aswell. To be honest, I hope it won't be good as a jungler, but rather a top/mid Champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zac and Aatrox, IIRC, were intended to be junglers who fit better into top lane. Vi fit better in the jungle than top lane, but I don't remember her original role, and Elise was shipped as a jungler/AP mid assassin and her base damage was so high people just played her top instead.

Recently, Riot has not done well making top laners who best fit in that role. Usually they happen by accident (like Zac and Elise), while the characters they ship as a top laner end up in the jungle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Zac and Aatrox, IIRC, were intended to be junglers who fit better into top lane. Vi fit better in the jungle than top lane, but I don't remember her original role, and Elise was shipped as a jungler/AP mid assassin and her base damage was so high people just played her top instead.

Recently, Riot has not done well making top laners who best fit in that role. Usually they happen by accident (like Zac and Elise), while the characters they ship as a top laner end up in the jungle.
    That's true, yeah.

I just hope we get a sneak peek soon, it's been 2 months since Braum, and at this rate we're getting more and more time between Champs, going from release - 2 months - reveal - 2 weeks PBE - release - 2 months etc. It's been 2 months since Braum, so it's time for a new reveal/sneak peek.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    That's true, yeah.

I just hope we get a sneak peek soon, it's been 2 months since Braum, and at this rate we're getting more and more time between Champs, going from release - 2 months - reveal - 2 weeks PBE - release - 2 months etc. It's been 2 months since Braum, so it's time for a new reveal/sneak peek.
    I hardly agree men there is not enough champions to keep me satisfied

they shall throw in mages scorpions hawks silencers undeads and such xD i want more and more awesome champions to have fun!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    I hardly agree men there is not enough champions to keep me satisfied

they shall throw in mages scorpions hawks silencers undeads and such xD i want more and more awesome champions to have fun!
    I have all Champs, I rotate between the ones I like really, I hardly play the same multiple games in a row (I don't do ranked really). I really hope we get a new reveal soon so I can look forward to something fresh.

And yes, I have played every Champ multiple times, so I have nothing that I haven't tried multiple times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya I'm catching up on all the champions now too - need a new one

I think I'm at ~90-95/120 - and a lot of the ones I'm missing are actually in the 3150 and 4800 brackets, I have most of the 6300's - so it's speeding up how quickly I get them now.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ya I'm catching up on all the champions now too - need a new one

I think I'm at ~90-95/120 - and a lot of the ones I'm missing are actually in the 3150 and 4800 brackets, I have most of the 6300's - so it's speeding up how quickly I get them now.
    I have all Champs and another 17K IP, I have all the Runes and Rune Pages I need >.< I bought some Champs on release with the bundle for the skin (except Yasuo, I don't like his skin). Time for a new release....

10+ Year Old Account
    i have all champs but I don't have everything else too, also I don't need any runes I don't have, i plan to buy them anyway because I started to swim in IP
    Loved the news Flacon about the upcoming champs

As far I know about Aatrox, most ppl who play him just say he is a champ who is trying to be Tryndamere but fails (not sure how accurate it is)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i have all champs but I don't have everything else too, also I don't need any runes I don't have, i plan to buy them anyway because I started to swim in IP
    Loved the news Flacon about the upcoming champs

As far I know about Aatrox, most ppl who play him just say he is a champ who is trying to be Tryndamere but fails (not sure how accurate it is)
    Pretty accurate. He needs a lot of farm to do well, he's rather weak throughout the entire game if kept from farming.

Oh by the way, as most people know by now, a new Resource system appeared in the game files; Tantrum (no, not Amumu's ability).

It has 3 stages: Blue (Calm), Red (Active) and Orange (Danger). The order in which they'll be used is not known, and neither do we know if it's for a new Champ or a current Champ rework. People think it'll be for Amumu or Rumble, or even updated textures for Energy/Mana/Rage, but that would make no sense if there's nothing for Health.

I believe it'll be for an upcoming Champ, possibly Cait's rival, which is supposed to be a criminal who hates Cait for fighting unfair (due to fighting at range with her rifle). This would make sense because Cait has Yordle traps and Cait's rival gets mad because of Cait (throwing a Tantrum maybe?) fighting at range.
    The upcoming Champ is a top laner, which are usually Melee, which adds to the point that it could be Cait's rival, again because he gets mad at her fighting at range.
    Last edited by mmocd25bfcd059; 2014-07-18 at 10:27 PM.

I hate aatrox, and I don't understand why the LCS-guys keep picking him. He does pretty much nothing other than die twice, but who cares? He does no damage anyway so you can just ignore him.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    I hate aatrox, and I don't understand why the LCS-guys keep picking him. He does pretty much nothing other than die twice, but who cares? He does no damage anyway so you can just ignore him.
    He can be a beast with enough attack speed and Lifesteal.

vel koz owns aatrox too xD such a fine hero

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it'll be for an upcoming Champ, possibly Cait's rival, which is supposed to be a criminal who hates Cait for fighting unfair (due to fighting at range with her rifle). This would make sense because Cait has Yordle traps and Cait's rival gets mad because of Cait (throwing a Tantrum maybe?) fighting at range.
    The upcoming Champ is a top laner, which are usually Melee, which adds to the point that it could be Cait's rival, again because he gets mad at her fighting at range.
    Sounds fun, I'm thinking something incredible hulk style, weak when he's calm, but the more angry he gets the stronger he gets , then maybe at full tantrum he can "Hulk Smash" (ulti) for massive AoE damage, or possible some kind of short term OP buff.

damnit now I'm all excited for a champ which doesn't exist...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Sounds fun, I'm thinking something incredible hulk style, weak when he's calm, but the more angry he gets the stronger he gets , then maybe at full tantrum he can "Hulk Smash" (ulti) for massive AoE damage, or possible some kind of short term OP buff.

damnit now I'm all excited for a champ which doesn't exist...
    I was thinking he'd build his Tantrum by auto attacking and nothing happening at Calm (blue), getting a buff/additional effect on abilities at Active and another buff/effect at Warning, but a debuff aswell (reduced defenses?). Having an ability to expend his rage, dealing dmg/effect based on his Tantrum level, and resetting his Tantrum to Calm.
    Would be fun to grow slightly in size the angrier he gets aswell ^^

Actually if the next Champion has nothing like this at all I will probably make a Champion Suggestion post :P

Does no dmg wut? His third aa with dmg W on hits like a fucking monster, in the challenger series match that ended like 40 minutes ago (cant remember who were playing) the third aa took like 30% off someone's healthbar (again, cant remember who it was).

E: I think they're mainly picking him because of his Q, his passive, and the fact that he does reasonably against Gragas top.
    Last edited by Ergar; 2014-07-18 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Match ups in 1v1 and 2v1, fairly safe to tower dives and in diving himself, decent initiation. Murders towers if left alone for a minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually if the next Champion has nothing like this at all I will probably make a Champion Suggestion post :P
    Not if I beat you to it , sounds good. I'm thinking He'd be quite naturally tanky, but with low damage, then as his Tantrum increases in level he'd gain more damage, but lose some defense, so you'd have to chose to either burn off your tantrum and stay tanky, or build it up to try and nuke people down.

I'm getting more and more excited about our imaginary champion...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Not if I beat you to it , sounds good. I'm thinking He'd be quite naturally tanky, but with low damage, then as his Tantrum increases in level he'd gain more damage, but lose some defense, so you'd have to chose to either burn off your tantrum and stay tanky, or build it up to try and nuke people down.

I'm getting more and more excited about our imaginary champion...
    Haha, same!
    I was thinking a proper Fighter, being able to build full Tank, full DPS or somewhere inbetween, something like Volibear.
    Don't know about a Passive, but for Q I was thinking an "on next auto attack" ability (think Jax), W would be an ability to reset his Tantrum and deal damage and an effect depending on Tantrum level on use (Calm - dmg, Active - slow, Warning - root) and E a dash ability that can be ground targetted, hitting an enemy would slow them, slow strength depending on Tantrum level, hitting nothing or an ally would give a minor speed boost to the user and allies hit, strength depending on Tantrum level. Don't know about an Ult yet. Maybe a line of dmg (think Braum Ult size) dealing damage and a debuff.
    Tantrum could maybe work like:
    Calm - nothing
    Active - small damage buff + ability effects
    Warning - big dmg buff but a debuff as a tradeoff + stronger ability effect.

Note: I am bad at making up Champions, they always end up being OP according to other people

10+ Year Old Account
    Note: I am bad at making up Champions, they always end up being OP according to other people
    Yeah I have the same problem, it's surprisingly hard to make champs that are interesting and people want to play that aren't OP .

Deleted
    2 more weeks and it's 3 months since Braum, and no hint or anything.... :|