Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think it'll be similar to a Shyvana really. Though I can definitely see YG being useful.

Can see why Zephyr would be useful, but that generally comes too late in a build to be a staple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Think it'll be similar to a Shyvana really. Though I can definitely see YG being useful.

Can see why Zephyr would be useful, but that generally comes too late in a build to be a staple.
    I think BotRK, Boots of preference, Last Whisper, Randuin's, Visage/Banshee and GA will work best on him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    I think BotRK, Boots of preference, Last Whisper, Randuin's, Visage/Banshee and GA will work best on him.
    That LW is really awful in there. That's something you build as a last item or a 5th item, if you can afford it that soon, on a champion like this guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That LW is really awful in there. That's something you build as a last item or a 5th item, if you can afford it that soon, on a champion like this guy.
    I didn't really list by order of priority :P

Deleted
    I didn't really list by order of priority :P
    Ah. Okay. Nevermind me then. I thought you had.

Deleted
    I do however feel that Boots of Swiftness + Zephyr work best on him, he has the same speed as Anivia, which is the lowest there is, increased up to slightly above medium speed. The boots and Zephyr make it a lot easier to engage/escape and makes you a bit faster while in Monster form, since the monster speed is still 325 by default. The attack speed and Tenacity, combined with Boots of Swiftness make you able to kite, chase and escape a lot easier.

I think we'll have to wait a bit, since numbers can still change while he's on the PBE

Deleted
    Boots of Swift is generally a meh choice unless you're a jungler. Going for Mercs right away is better then rushing zephyr because you can get that tenacity pretty cheap and easy, if you don't need tenacity, you're slowing your build down for Zephyr's for no reason. As for boots, you could always either go for Berserkers/Ionian/Tabi instead.

Deleted
    Boots of Swift is generally a meh choice unless you're a jungler. Going for Mercs right away is better then rushing zephyr because you can get that tenacity pretty cheap and easy, if you don't need tenacity, you're slowing your build down for Zephyr's for no reason. As for boots, you could always either go for Berserkers/Ionian/Tabi instead.
    True, good point. I guess BotRK, Boots, Randuin's, Visage/Banshee, Last Whisper and GA will be a good build for him then.

- - - Updated - - -

Just watching some Twitch streams;
    Most people build him full offense: BotRK, IE, Berserker Boots, Last Whisper, Guardian Anger, Statikk Shiv (not neccesarily in that order), and seem to be doing VERY well.

I feel like cdr boots will be good because his cooldowns are huge. For mr maybe SV because he does gain health when he gets mega form, it makes the health regen better right? Also more cdr. I will likely just try botrk -> cdr boots -> tanky with SV in there. zephyr as 2nd offensive item likely like people have suggested.

Deleted
    Just watching some Twitch streams;
    Most people build him full offense: BotRK, IE, Berserker Boots, Last Whisper, Guardian Anger, Statikk Shiv (not neccesarily in that order), and seem to be doing VERY well.
    Yeah, he has the kite as mini gnar for that item build. The only problem is his big gnar form.

I can see him being played as an adc but I have no idea how much of a big impact his melee form has in lane and out of lane at this point.

Honestly, I think he'll do pretty great if you build him and play him more less like Quinn.

Deleted
    Yeah, he has the kite as mini gnar for that item build. The only problem is his big gnar form.

I can see him being played as an adc but I have no idea how much of a big impact his melee form has in lane and out of lane at this point.

Honestly, I think he'll do pretty great if you build him and play him more less like Quinn.
    Indeed. His Monster form defenses are insanely good, so he doesn't really need tank items for that. Rather, he'd need the dps items to increase his burst potential so he can actually do more than take his during that time.

After watching some people play him, I seem to have been wrong with my initial thoughts. Holy fuck is this broken. He just does way too much damage with the mobility of URF Fizz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    After watching some people play him, I seem to have been wrong with my initial thoughts. Holy fuck is this broken. He just does way too much damage with the mobility of URF Fizz.
    He has the damage and mobility because he's squishy as hell in his normal form. I saw a stream where he was against Shyvana, there was nothing he could do to her that she couldn't do in return. At lvl 3 Shyv's Q hit him for about half his health.

Deleted
    So he's basically Teemo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    So he's basically Teemo?
    But his ult turns him into a tank
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    I was referring to this:
    He has the damage and mobility because he's squishy as hell in his normal form. I saw a stream where he was against Shyvana, there was nothing he could do to her that she couldn't do in return. At lvl 3 Shyv's Q hit him for about half his health.

That sounds like a dozen different champions.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at streamers, peolpe seem to have more than a little trouble manipulatnig hsi rage mechanic. I see them try to jump away only to end up slamming the ground in monster form instead, or dodging someone in a teamfight only to turn into a monster half a screen away from the fight, having to slowly walk back.

His mobility in normal form is crazy though.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    That sounds like a dozen different champions.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at streamers, peolpe seem to have more than a little trouble manipulatnig hsi rage mechanic. I see them try to jump away only to end up slamming the ground in monster form instead, or dodging someone in a teamfight only to turn into a monster half a screen away from the fight, having to slowly walk back.

His mobility in normal form is crazy though.
    The same with Yasuo, you can abuse his mobility to dodge a lot of stuff, chase/engage or flee/disengage, but if you fail it you're basically screwed. Miss a target with hop and you jump about as far as Lucian or Graves can dash. Try to jump an enemy Champ to get behind him and miss, and you're stuck in a place you don't really want to be.

Managing his Rage and low lvl mini form is what makes him not OP as hell. If his Monster form worked like Shyvana he'd be so OP, but if you're kiting someone and transform you're suddenly stuck as a very slow melee Champ.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the reasons Gnar isn't OP: He plays like a ranged Fizz, but because he has an uncontrollable Melee mode and can still be hit during his jumps and has a short attack range at early lvls he's still not that hard to counter. He seems OP on the PBE right now because people have no clue how to counter him or how to react to his movements and attacks.
    Last edited by mmocd25bfcd059; 2014-07-31 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't sound like fun
    He seems to random to be viable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    That doesn't sound like fun
    He seems to random to be viable
    He takes skill to master his randomness. That's what's gonna make it more fun

My prediction:
    First week - hardly any Gnars
    Second week - A LOT of Gnars
    Third week - most Gnars suck
    Fourth week - noone plays Gnar cause they gave up on his form switch, except for the people that put effort in mastering it