Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    An example from my own life.

She woman at work likes to walk by and make physical contact at least once per day. Sometimes its a hand on my shoulder. Or touch my bicep. I figured this was how she flirted (a lot of girls flirt this way). So the next time I passed her in the hallway with no-one around I just stopped her and asked her out right there. She was very flattered but said not at this time.

Ok, I moved on.

The next friday she comes up to me and asks me if I wanted to go over to her place that evening lololollLollollOL. She wasn't looking for a date, just some fun!

Deleted
    I don't mean to sound rude but grow a pair and instead of asking such things on a gaming forum go on and normally talk to her.No offense.

Anyway,it should go naturally.Give her subtle signs you enjoy her company,make quality eye contact when speaking to her,have good manners,do her favors if possible,etc. etc. If she likes you too,she may even send some signs back.
    There are actually quite a few articles about that on the internet if you're having problems with that.I suggest you give Google a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    NEVER EVER start anything at work. No matter how hot she seems. There´s absolutely no possibilty for this to turn out well.
    What a crock of shit. Not only do you find people with like-minded ideals (some), but it's a safe way to meet. I.E. not the club.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Talk to her like she's a guy, ask her if she plays computer games. Do something other than wish you did something.
    "Hey bro, wanna grab a beer after work and go to a strip club and watch hot chicks undress? awesome dude."

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    dude 21st century... do this like a pro, noob.

what u wanna do is you wanna find out her name, find her on facebook and stalk her profile
    ^^This always works just an extra tip try to find her number in the phone books and call her it will work out well.

I AM JOKING THAT WILL PROBABLY LAND YOU IN THE HOSPITAL.

The quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.

Also does she even know your name? You said you know hers but not if she knows yours. If she does just keep talking to her to get to know her better then ask her out, if not introduce yourself and start conversing with her.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just talk to her. Find ques that indicate here interests if you can. Usually a decent placeholder to establish a friendship.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Start treating her like crap. Women like that.
    Given a current and ongoing anecdote. Shadee is right on the money here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Start treating her like crap. Women like that.
    This is a yes/no kinda thing. You have to define more precisely what "treat her like crap" means tho.

Some PEOPLE (men and women) enjoy playfully hard sassing their closest friends because it blows off steam. Instead of saying hello its "fuck you!" and giving each other the finger and laughing about it. Other people actually get offended or just aren't into it.

To an outsider, it can seem like someone is complete a complete asshole to their friend / significant other. But what you don't see is that they playfully do it to each other and sometimes mockingly act hurt.

Another completely different definition is where either the man or woman has zero self esteem and the dominant partner really does get abusive and treat them like crap.

An outsider probably cannot distinguish between the two when observing this behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never. Ever. Ever. Ever date someone in the workplace.

Workplace relationships fuck up the power hierarchy. Furthermore, if things go sour then shit gets really awkward because you're still face to face with that person every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Don't shit where you eat.

While you are better off not dating someone at work most of the time; your best bet is just try to talk to her like a person. Ask her how her day/week has been. Talk to her in a familiar (but not creepy) manner. If you put women on a pedastal or are afraid to talk with them, it will kill any chance unless that is a trait they admire (shyness). Don't worry about making a fool out of yourself, just be yourself ... if you want anything lasting better to not be fake from the start anyway

You can fish coyly for things like her dating status without harassment, but it takes patience and tact. If you get to know them, and they are worth it, without a direct 'leave me alone' with a quite serious tone, never give up. My first love, it took over a year to get her and we had 3 mostly great years together despite us not being good together. My wife I knew for nearly a decade before she finally went after me after I 'friend-zoned' myself. Just don't be a stalker or creepy; be natural, friendly, and decent.

If you are that awkward; you might try a free online dating site to allow you to keep composure and have much less pressure since you can take your time and edit yourself before sending stuff.

Again, be cautious with inter-office dating. Don't be overly shy, nor aggressive. Treat her like you would a good friend you respect.

Seriously man, I've warned you before to leave my wife ALONE!

Trust me when i say dont start the conversation off with 'Hey check this bad boy out'...then proceed to open your zipper.
    There is a high possibility you might have a bad day after that!

Deleted
    First things first.

There are several questions you need to consider before you take this plunge.
    1) Is it a relationship you want? Or just fun?
    2) If you two do work out compatible, are you prepared to accept she may not want commitment?
    3) If a relationship is what both of you want, are you prepared to accept that if the relationship goes sour, your professional working relationship will be damaged and your worklife will suffer for it?
    4) Do you have the time and confidence to commit to a full relationship?

If all the answers to the questions work out in favour, get to know her but, and I know this is odd, don't become her friend. You risk getting "I like you, but I don't want to ruin our friendship". Idiots call this the friendzone, I call it a girl preserving a friendship. When you've learnt about her, work out just how compatible you think she is with you. Don't seem too eager and just let attraction act like gravity between you, and see if it is reciprocated. You'll know it is, unless she's a particularly withdrawn or cryptic person.

My econd pointer would be to remember its not all about her. You need to speak with her 50/50 so she can get to know about you as much as you do her. You may well be attracted to her, but she'd likely want to know about you as well so that you don't seem like a stranger for too long.

And finally, don't put on any bravado. Don't peacock yourself. If you're comfortable around her, which will be hard at first, granted, she'll be comfortable around you.

Good luck.

Deleted
    Before you start thinking about names for your future kids, just go talk to her. Chances are that she's a total dumbass that you don't want to deal with, so you can go on being colleagues like nothing happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Work relationships are usually a terrible idea. Especially when HR gets involved...

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Never. Ever. Ever. Ever date someone in the workplace.

Workplace relationships fuck up the power hierarchy. Furthermore, if things go sour then shit gets really awkward because you're still face to face with that person every day.
    Agreed 10000x.

Never ever do this. It's asking for trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let it go. Don't ever, under any circumstances, dip your nib in the office ink. I don't care if it's Helen of Troy sitting at that desk. Forget it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless either of you plan to be looking for a new job in the near future, don't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

To put it bluntly, if you don't want to risk either of your jobs by going after this girl you know absolutely about, don't. It's that simple. Don't chase it. You don't know her anyway, you just think she looks nice, so honestly, what the hell will you be losing out on? If you already knew her and thought she had an amazing personality then I can see that the situation would be different, but at this point she's little more than a cute stranger and you're better off, if you're worried about your job, leaving it that way.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery