Poll: How well do you cook/bake?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Probably a 1 or a 2 on a scale with a professional chef, but a 10 when it comes to the kinds of foods I like to eat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm basically Paula Deen without the racism in the kitchen.

Jk, but I like to think I'm pretty good. I've been cooking for myself for years so I think I've gotten a pretty good grasp on this whole "housewife" deal.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    On your scale, probably a 3.

Deleted
    Even if I follow a recipe point to point. I still manage to screw it up.

I think I'm pretty good at it. Grew up in a family that cooked and learned a lot from parents.
    People who tasted what I make are generally happy.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

im okay but not professional and master like my parents which they both are good cooks.

Will be missed ~

Went to culinary school, worked for a few different fairly high end French restaurants and am a sous chef for a catering company. Though I'm now a full time software engineer so I'm not quite the level I used to be. Unfortunately I don't quite have the time to do things like I used to but I still enjoy using the weekends to make some great dishes.

Deleted
    I can do fried eggs so I think I'm pretty good.

15+ Year Old Account
    I make stuff from scratch pretty much every day, but I hate both cooking and baking, so I chose option 3.

I tried making brownies once.

...they caught fire.

Though I have improved, I'm still pretty hopeless in the kitchen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can cook some basic stuff if I put my mind to it. Following a recipe isn't hard.

But usually I can't be assed to do anything that takes more than 20 minutes. I want to EAT, not cook. I hate cooking, because I do it when I'm hungry, and then too impatient to cook.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinober View Post
    I tried making brownies once.

...they caught fire.

Though I have improved, I'm still pretty hopeless in the kitchen.
    Replace "brownies" with "popcorn" and I've done the same thing.

Popcorn was suppose to go into the microwave for 3.00.
    Popcorn went into the microwave for 30.00

And I forgot about it.

Good thing the house had a smoke detector.
    Putin khuliyo

3.5 I'd say.

I enjoy cooking/baking tasty meals, but I don't really step out of my 'comfort zone' so to speak. I have some serious issues with eating, where the texture and feel of what I'm eating can turn an otherwise nice taste/flavor into a mixture of near-vomiting and disgust. So my selection of meals is more limited than your average person.

Maybe I should be a food critic?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I can cook and bake, it's not hard.
    Besides I learned to bake from very early age, and cooking from my grandma and mom rather early. Also had cooking in school, at age 9-14 or so. And we would cook all kinds of things, from scratch. We would also go out and fish our own fish and crabs for example.

And I for one, prefer cooking food from scratch, that way I can get exactly what I want, how I want it. And make adjustments to dishes if I don't like something in some etc.
    My only issue is that I am not that coordinated in the kitchen and my timing isn't always great either.

To me it is sad that a lot of people can for example barely cook pasta, even heard of people burning pasta!