View Poll Results: Would you support Dual Class / Single Spec option for WoW?

Voters
150. This poll is closed
  • Yes

34 22.67%
  • No

107 71.33%
  • Other / Don't Care (explain below)

9 6.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would be a Prot Warrior/Prot Pally.

Dual-wield Shields.

Smite everything with an angry disposition.

Deleted
    At this point the classes are so plagued with homogenization its not needed: hunters going stealthed like rogues, boomkins healing like resto, fuck no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    At this point the classes are so plagued with homogenization its not needed: hunters going stealthed like rogues, boomkins healing like resto, fuck no
    Lack of balance =/= homogenization.

If its already hard to balance 11 classes, a total of 100 customizations (spelling ik), balance would be shitshow

The OP is not talking about being a pally/druid in the same spec. Its pally one spec and druid for second spec, so you can be pally OR druid not both at the same time.

I don't think so. There was an MMO a few years ago called Runes of Magic that made it work but that game was entirely built around a dual class system. WoW wasn't.

I like the fact that those decisions are shot down by taking to heart where lore finds it justified. If you justified it with lore then yes.

With what you have written down I would say no.

Guild Wars did it.

It was gamebreaking imbalance and developer headaches for the next 8 years.

This would lead to a gearing nightmare, imagine I need that staff for my mage spec and I need that 2h sword for my DK spec. Bliz would need to do an even bigger overhaul on the gearing system.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Makes no lore sense so i don't think it will ever happen in any warcraft game.
    Thrall as a warrior/shaman says hi!

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    when half the main hero characters are not one single class, but carry a number of classes' traits....
    Maybe if the limited it to some specific class combos, but things like priest/dk or paladin/warlock or druid/dk are just stupid.

But all the special snowflakes would melt if they couldn't be whatever retarded combo they wanted.

didnt read op right, disregard
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2014-01-28 at 01:22 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Edit: didnt read it right. I see what you are saying. Interesting concept, not sure how it would work though.

technically, we already have this. they just need to shift the emphasis to the battletag and away from the character.

the amount of tech hurdles needed to complete the transition are daunting tho.

we've seen a lot of shifting towards account-wide, but I'm not sure blizzard will ever embrace 'single-character' philosophy 100%.

there's a catch 22 with becoming invested in your character's identity. you can form deeper and more true relationships with your friends and even randoms in your local community/server(s), but the downside is that when a negative experience comes, you can't simply slip into the anonymity of the internet by playing under a different character.

personally, i'd rather have a one-character system, if it meant an easier time remembering guildies and a shorter ignore list.

Maybe if it was limited by class. Example, you could be a Discipline Paladin, or a Marksmanship Rogue, but please, no Brewmaster Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Thrall as a warrior/shaman says hi!
    Why aren't we all titans hell sargeras was one as well 1!!11!
    No thanks no need to copy shitty crap from even shittier games.

I always pined for something like this, but in a non-lore affecting kinda way (well, sort of).

Basically, you can play 2 classes (fixed) on one character. You need to level both those classes from 1-90 as you would any alt, (so you could be a 90 Paladin / 60 Rogue for example), but ingame they are treated the same. Same inventory, bank, void storage, raid lockouts, REPs etc... not sure about professions, but for the sake of consistency, same professions.

You can't swap your active class ingame, only via a relog, and no buffs or anything like that carry over.

To me, this is the perfect trade-off from having 2 separate characters (main/alt). You would lose a lot of "perks" from having separate characters, but gain some QoL improvements for those who like to play classes but not repeat all the tedious crap like dailies/rep, essentially allowing you to progress 2 characters simultaneously, while only gearing one (due to a shared raid lockout).

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Maybe if the limited it to some specific class combos, but things like priest/dk or paladin/warlock or druid/dk are just stupid.

But all the special snowflakes would melt if they couldn't be whatever retarded combo they wanted.
    limit the amount of abilities and passives available a a single time..

Warlock/pally? That's a death knight

the others? Some seriously hardcore character builds like out of some rock song that our grandparents hated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Why aren't we all titans hell sargeras was one as well 1!!11!
    No thanks no need to copy shitty crap from even shittier games.

Titans are a race, durr.... Sargeras is clearly a Warrior, shaman, warlock sprinkled with paladin for more buffs.

I want to be Death Knight and Paladin at the same time. Eff the lore!

I am a champion of the Light but the Light has abandoned me because of my state of Undeath!

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    So if you play two different class, you have to get gear for both of them (giving that they wear different type of gear)... what's the difference from rolling two characters now?..
    "I am more [Clicks tongue twice] than all of you!" -Sir Slicer