Thread: Great Job!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The difference is these people are criminals. Im not. These arent people awaiting trials, these are people who have been CONVICTED, hence why all employees in this prison system are only allowed to address inmates as "convict" rather than by their names.
    Also, this form of punishment works as this prison system has one of the lowest recidivism rate in the country
    Nothing like dehumanising people to rehabilitate them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I literally can't see how this man isn't violating the 4th Amendment and the 8th Amendment at the same time.

Of course to this man only the 2nd matters.
    There is no 4 and 8. There is only 2!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Nothing like dehumanising people to rehabilitate them.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he has posted before about his view of justice, that being, a bullet to the back of the head.

Deleted
    "What's that? You're psychologically scared and mentally unhinged because of torture for 3 years? Well I guess you should commit a crime because you're too damaged"

Not sure why every cell needs an American flag hung in it but there you go.

Seems obtuse, parochial and quixotic to get upset over a stupid flag when these people are in jail for very serious crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahahha the irony...

Step 1: State takes away freedom from individual

Step 2: State places a symbol of freedom and state's power in individual's cell

Step 3: Individual destroys symbol of state and freedom

Step 4: State takes away more freedom from the individual, because the individual's act is insulting to 'freedom'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Not sure why every cell needs an American flag hung in it but there you go.
    To bait prisoners in to getting tortured for this guys sadistic amusement

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Seems obtuse, parochial and quixotic to get upset over a stupid flag when these people are in jail for very serious crimes.
    Not even convicted either.

This "Sheriff Joe" is just brutalizing inmates for the fun of it.

Deleted
    isn't there some sort of health consequences for such a diet ?
    also a simple solution to those prisoners "desecrating" a flag, Don't put a flag in the cell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Ahahha the irony...

Step 1: State takes away freedom from individual

Step 2: State places a symbol of freedom and state's power in individual's cell

Step 3: Individual destroys symbol of state and freedom

Step 4: State takes away more freedom from the individual, because the individual's act is insulting to 'freedom'

Step 5: PROFIT!!!

#TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Reminds me of fake sheriff in Texas Chainsaw Massacre

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The difference is these people are criminals. Im not. These arent people awaiting trials, these are people who have been CONVICTED, hence why all employees in this prison system are only allowed to address inmates as "convict" rather than by their names.
    Also, this form of punishment works as this prison system has one of the lowest recidivism rate in the country
    Very true. Until somebody redefines what is criminal. Brutality is bad. It shouldn't have to be said, but maybe it does.

In 1998, Arpaio commissioned a study, by Arizona State University criminal justice professor Marie L. Griffin, to examine recidivism rates based on conditions of confinement. Comparing recidivism rates under Arpaio to those under his predecessor, the study found "there was no significant difference in recidivism observed between those offenders released in 1989–1990 and those released in 1994–1995.
    And a slew of other controversies here.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    How are people treated this way going to be brought back into society when their sentence ends?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he has posted before about his view of justice, that being, a bullet to the back of the head.
    depending on the crime, and if it can be 100% with absolute certainty be proved, I would be in favor of such a punishment for those that commit multiple murders, or murder a child.

1) putting a flag, which amounts to putting a symbol of your patriotism in each jail cell is kinda stupid.
    2) patriotic music over the PA? Seriously?

Hell, I'm law abiding and I'd rip that flag off and deface it. Sheriff is imposing his patriotism on others and he gets upset when it doesn't work. It's quite the folly that shoving patriotism (or anything) down someone's throat will make them think differently.

If anything, it's incredibly natural to rebel vs. what's being forced upon you against your will. Doesn't matter if you're a criminal or not, really doesn't.

"If I ^&*ing hear another patriotic song, I swear I'll rip that flag in two!"

Deleted
    He obviously put the flags in there knowing full well what will happen just so he can punish

A smart convict would have somehow inflicted harm to himself with the flag, then sued the state for putting it in there.

Deleted
    is what he did even legal? are they allowed to just make up their own rules like that? and enact their own forms of punishment?