Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Double warrior tank

Hey guys, long time lurker here!

So I just came back to WoW about 2 months ago. I've been progressing through Siege of Ogrimmar for about 3 weeks and we finaly killed Garrosh.

We really have a solid team and wanted to try a couple of trys on immerseus heroic. It didnt went very well people die by having to much stacks but when people stoped dps at 3 we were dying from the adds.

We are running with 2 protection warrior's.

The tanks keep claming that 2 warrior's are the worst combo you can have in raids and that warrior's lack aoe or something to get aggro of the adds.

Personaly I dont think they should have any problem picking up adds and 2 warrior's cant be that horrible.

Really want some help and suggestions from you guys!

Best Regards
    Maweck

Deleted
    Shouldnt be an issue since you'll have two tauntbanners and if you have hunters/rogues you can have them MD/Tricks the tanks.

Deleted
    Yeah here is our comp.

Protection Warrior x2

Resto druid x2

Fire Mage
    Survival/BM Hunter
    WW Monk
    Fury Warrior
    Warlock
    Ele/Resto Shaman

Alternate your Mocking banner's, make sure to unglyph Tclap (resonating power?) and use MD. Warriors are a little worse than say a druid for this job but still perfectly doable.

Bladestorm etc etc? Seriously you have Prot Warriors claiming they can't hold AoE threat with 100k+ Vengeance?

as an ele shaman i'm just thinking mmmmmmmmmmm moar skull banners for my ascendance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides sharing the exact same gear there should be no problem. Warriors are the best tanks right now IMO.

Warriors are the worst for this fight because the adds come in waves. Alternate your mocking banners, use blade storm at the start. The raid needs to make sure they are all behind the tanks so the adds will funnel into one area.

Wave 1: Tank 1 Mocking Banner.
    Wave 2: Tank 2 Mocking Banner.
    Wave 3: Tank 1 Mocking Banner.
    Wave 4: Tank 2 Mocking Banner.

Really not complicated at all. If your dps is so bad that you get 3 waves between each Black and White phase, you need to farm normals longer or get better DPS.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the feed back!

We are not lacking dps or healing we keept dying from adds over and over again.
    Last edited by mmoc3d6138a1ac; 2014-01-27 at 09:20 AM.

We used double warrior tank for every single boss this tier and got world 28th Garrosh HC.

Double warrior is fine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Bladestorm etc etc? Seriously you have Prot Warriors claiming they can't hold AoE threat with 100k+ Vengeance?
    Its not about holding aggro, its about having 1 aoe ability on 6 second cooldown and immersus having streaming adds, which is by far the worst for a warrior to pick up.
    With that said, its not exactly hard, just harder then for other classes.

We used a holydin with RF on so i knew where adds was gonna go, then taunt banner for first, bladestorm for second and by then leap/tclap is enough since you wont get many adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make one of them roll a pally, healing aggro solves initial aggro on adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Warriors... Lack aoe?...

Tell them to try play a paladin for a week, then they will never complain again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Warriors... Lack aoe?...

Tell them to try play a paladin for a week, then they will never complain again.
    Lets compare, shall we ?

Warrior: Thunderclap, 6-9 second cd, also applies deep wounds.

Paladin: Hammer of the righteous ~3,5s cd. Consecration, ~6s cd, 9 sec duration. Avengers shield ~11s, also proc based. (Glyphed holy wrath?)

I left out bladestorm as its a talent, same as i left out lvl 90 talents for palas. No sane warrior would ever use cleave...

So yeh, what do you want me to try on paladin for a week ?
    With that said, warrior sustained aoe is strong, very strong. Just waves of adds is our weak point, as was the topic of this thread.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2014-01-27 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Lets compare, shall we ?

Warrior: Thunderclap, 6-9 second cd, also applies deep wounds.

Paladin: Hammer of the righteous ~3,5s cd. Consecration, ~6s cd, 9 sec duration. Avengers shield ~11s, also proc based. (Glyphed holy wrath?)

I left out bladestorm as its a talent, same as i left out lvl 90 talents for palas. No sane warrior would ever use cleave...

So yeh, what do you want me to try on paladin for a week ?
    With that said, warrior sustained aoe is strong, very strong. Just waves of adds is our weak point, as was the topic of this thread.
    Yeah... So lets see here.

HotR - does a negliable amount of threat.
    Holy wrath - deals a non existing amount of threat, also everyone and their mother glyphs this to be single target since it deals no threat or damage multitarget.
    Avenger shield - hits 3 targets if it is unglyhed (why would it be?), does not really help you on AoE
    Consecration deals 0 snap threat and is fixed on the ground, the CD on it is irrelevant as you can not overlap consecrations and it deals 0 snap threat anyway. It requires to keep the mobs inside the consecration which can be impossible to do since you have no means to take aggro in the first place. Even so it takes several seconds for cosecration to establish even close to the amount of aggro that one thunderclap would do.

Quality over quantity. I am surprised that you did not mention seal of rigtheouness as it is also another completely useless AoE ability that paladins have.

It also feels wrong to not mention CDs for this thread as it was about heroic immerseus where you can use your cds all the time to pick up adds.

Warriors got Dragon Roar / Bladestorm, both are great tools for picking up large groups of adds very fast with good snap threat. They also got a taunt banner.
    Paladins can throw down lights hammer to get another ground ability with 0 snap threat that mobs will just run through as dpsers take aggro since the mobs wont stay in the ground effect as you got 0 snap threat, and even if the did stand in it it still deals significantly less threat than the warriors abilities.

Honestly, I dont know how you can even believe that paladins and warriors AoE is comparable. It is like saying that the Flintstones car can compare itself to ferrari on the race track.

Since Corrosive Blast is on a fairly long cooldown, I think it is between 30-45 seconds, both tanks should be helping collect adds between the blasts. For us, this was a crucial adjustment in terms of being able to handle and control the adds. Just make sure whichever tank is supposed to be tanking him for the next Blast faces him away from the raid 5-10 seconds before it is due.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Warriors... Lack aoe?...

Paladins... Lack aoe?...

Tell them to try play a Brewmaster for a week, then they will never complain again.

/trollface
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Paladins... Lack aoe?...

Tell them to try play a Brewmaster for a week, then they will never complain again.
    Playing my alt BRM I always get so mad that it is so long CD on SCK, BoF and Keg throw/smash. So hard to aggro aoe with monk

Sometimes you wonder what blizzard think when balancing

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop looking for excuses. Double warrior is fine.