Thread: Cheap or wtf?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Not much "friends" if you think about money all the time when you go out with them.

Dick move on their end.
    Sounds like he's willing to front the bill just so he can spend his birthday with his friends.

I'm poor as fuck, and have never allowed a friend to foot a bill for their own birthday, let alone stooped low enough to get the birthday boy/girl to foot my bill as well. That's fucking bush league.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Plot twist: I'm friend #2.

On topic: if they really do have the money and are just lying about it, it's a first rate dick move.
    But financial aid probably means its money they need for their education, books or whatever(people bragging to their friends about being flush with money doesn't really mean they have more than they need), and its also often loans.

However:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I email Friends #1 and #2 back, telling them that I think we should treat him, or we could cook dinner at my place. I also asked if they would like to go in on a cheap birthday cake (a local grocery store has decent cakes on sale for about $5-10), or possibly bake a cake/make dessert.

Friends #1 and #2 tell me to butt out, and that he can pay for everyone's dinner if he wants to. They also refused to chip in for a birthday cake, also citing that they can't afford it. Yeah. >.<
    That proves they don't want to avoid a costly dinner, but rather wants the birthday boy to pay for everybody.

Also, your tldr is a bit misleading, should probably add that they refused a home-cooked meal
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!