Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    If someone paid to get a level 85 today with crap green gear, is that really a problem?

I find this faux anger over something that in no way affects the type of people who are "angry" pretty hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

This sounds a lot like the "gay marriage will lead to people marrying their dogs" type argument, just hysteria for now reason. Players getting a character to level 90 when the max is 100 is pretty far from Play to Win. And if this was enough to get you to leave, why didn't you get all angry about RAF which allows you to boost characters in days to max level. That's been around for years. Or character transfers? Again thats' been around for years.

90% of this game takes place at max level, and leveling is just a useless timesink at this point, especially for those who have already done it before.
    The reason I did not "get angry" about the RAF setup is because despite the fact that you were levelling at a faster rate, it was not simply a case of "type in a credit card number, click OK, BOOM! You're 10 levels short of cap!" You still had to experience most of the game. You still had to progress through the content rather than simply skipping literally 90% of the build-up to end-game.

Also Character Transfers are something COMPLETELY different altogether and should not even be compared to this. The person levelled the character, they experienced the content, all it is, is akin to shifting a folder to another directory in another computer on the network.

Also your comparing my comment to a comments about gay marriage is like comparing an apple to an atomic bomb. TOTALLY different things and an absolutely ridiculous 'comparison'. What I was saying and that you apparently overlooked is the fact that it is a VERY slippery slope - they have already shown in past articles posted HERE in MMO-Champion that they are not against allowing people to drop cash for things that give tangible in-game benefits, such as EXP boost elixirs (something common in free-to-play micro-transaction games), so what is to stop them making it so people can drop $20 for 5000 valor points or $40 for an ilvl 600 bind-to-account weapon eventually?

Lastly, you call levelling a "mindless timesink"? I'd call raiding an even bigger timesink, moreso because you spend hundreds of hours smashing your head against a virtual brick wall (or in the case of LFR, sitting semi-afk hitting a couple of buttons every so often) only to have the gear you picked up become obsolete a couple of months later when the next patch comes out.

Enjoy your Skinner box. I'll be out enjoying the fresh air and enjoying my job and the company of my loved ones.
    Last edited by Batsunz; 2014-01-30 at 10:51 AM.

90 Boost Testing

My testing shows the 90 boost gives 280% Flying, 4x 22 slot bags (no effect on bank), 483ilvl gear for whatever spec is chosen. If you are at lvl 60 or higher, you get the "veteran bonus" it will raise your two primary professions as well as First-Aid to level 600 (primary professions were both at lvl 1 before boost) For the crafting profession I had, I learned no new recipes, I had the same patterns as before the boost occurred. First aid taught me Heavy Windwool Bandage but nothing in between it, and where I left off. The veteran bonus did not increase cooking or fishing. I gained 150 gold from the boost, the contents of my bags that were higher than grey quality were in my mail with myself as the sender, this includes my old bags.

Will add info with future results.
    Last edited by rockforce80; 2014-02-09 at 05:07 AM.

well... i dont like

Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    90% of this game takes place at max level, and leveling is just a useless timesink at this point, especially for those who have already done it before.
    Then each expansion should default new characters to the level it starts at. Buy the game today all your characters start at level 85. Once WoD hits new characters all start at 90. And so on. Let's stop taking half measures here. I'd be willing for there to be a checkbox to start at level 1 that you have to opt-into, with maybe an extra character-specific title "The Stubborn" or "The Old school" or even "The Legit" etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rockforce80 View Post
    My testing shows the 90 boost gives 280% Flying, 4x 26 slot bags (no effect on bank), 483ilvl gear for whatever spec is chosen. If you are at lvl 60 or higher, you get the "veteran bonus" it will raise your two primary professions as well as First-Aid to level 600 (primary professions were both at lvl 1 before boost) For the crafting profession I had, I learned no new recipes, I had the same patterns as before the boost occurred. First aid taught me Heavy Windwool Bandage but nothing in between it, and where I left off. The veteran bonus did not increase cooking or fishing. I gained 150 gold from the boost, the contents of my bags that were higher than grey quality were in my mail with myself as the sender, this includes my old bags.

Will add info with future results.
    Very interesting, thanks! So basically my old GM who quit suddenly two hours before MOP launched after announcing he hated Pandas could come back for WOD and it'd basically be like he just had worse starting gear than I do. Kinda puts the entire expansion and treadmill into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Then each expansion should default new characters to the level it starts at. Buy the game today all your characters start at level 85. Once WoD hits new characters all start at 90. And so on. Let's stop taking half measures here. I'd be willing for there to be a checkbox to start at level 1 that you have to opt-into, with maybe an extra character-specific title "The Stubborn" or "The Old school" or even "The Legit" etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Very interesting, thanks! So basically my old GM who quit suddenly two hours before MOP launched after announcing he hated Pandas could come back for WOD and it'd basically be like he just had worse starting gear than I do. Kinda puts the entire expansion and treadmill into perspective.
    Definitely does. 2 levels or so and he would be on par with you save a BoA weapon off Garrosh. If you ignore that, it's less demoralizing. I've been trying to justify why I've done this for 8 years now.