Pretty wild breakpoint (shadowcraft)

I decided to plunge on the regemming today- the EP value of 2x haste has just been getting silly versus 1x agility (Verain of Ursin- should be logged off in PvE gear tonight).

But I noticed something odd- while each half gem converted was initially giving me an estimated +400 dps, suddenly it switched to 60 dps. Now, I would expect each to give less- after all, the more of any stat you have, the more valuable everything else becomes. But this drop was SUDDEN.

(If you seek to duplicate, start changing oranges to reds and after a few you'll see the EP value of haste drop sharply)

What I saw was, my haste EP would go from around 2.27 to 1.57. This still favored haste, but only slightly- I wouldn't make a yellow socket raw haste, or a red socket haste/agi, for such a small gain.

What is going on?

My theory is that it's the fight length, and internally it is assuming a certain number of cooldown cycles. At that particular amount of haste, the fight it is modelling internally suddenly no longer gets any extra cooldown? I noticed that when I changed the fight length to be longer, I would see the dropoff later. Is that what this is? It's a rather sharp divergence!

Swapping every gem in my gear only swings my haste stat weight from 1.7 to 1.58. It sounds strange to me that your haste EP is ever getting to 2.27.

Not sure what's going on. Are you using the four set tier 15? Or was Blade Flurry checked? With Blade Flurry up my haste EP goes to 2.194.

BF should not have been on (I checked that earlier in the night).

- - - Updated - - -

I have it at 2.3 by taking my current gear and changing some haste gems back to agi gems. It definitely has a "breakpoint" of sorts, presumably based on something? I would very much like to know what. I can replicate this, and you can too (Verain of Ursin, start swapping haste to agi gems).

Haste suffers significant DR near the GCD cap. Once you reach the cap, further haste only buffs passive damage during AR+SB (but obviously continues to affect energy otherwise). Changing the latency parameter can shift this value and rate of DR. The fight length has to do with Bloodlust changing energy generation as well as attack speed. The curve is smoother in practice than Shadowcraft insinuates, but it's there.

Shadowcraft draws a distinction between GCD cap and energy cap. Energy cap is when you reach max energy, GCD cap is when you generate more energy on average than you can spend. Starting AR+SB at 30e and ending at 60 is GCD capped as far as Shadowcraft is concerned.