Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Dreadlord Anyael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Xining- 只为一个梦想,我们会再见面
    Posts
    830
    The real crime here is that they gave us Cataclysm, with its entire rework of the world and the horrible Alliance quests that came with it, and then say "Skip it for $$$$$".

    And I will.

    Those clever bastards.

  2. #122
    I dont have a problem with getting 90 i just dont like how much stuff there putting in Micro Transactions were paying a sub but they keep adding more and more stuff were u pay extra for it.

  3. #123
    hope you enjoy paying about $50 then.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yhearts/simple alliance main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus, and Age of Extinction(aka the true end time)

  4. #124
    Pit Lord Geminiwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Demon Realm
    Posts
    2,413
    Well if you're new to this game and you just go right ahead and buy a 90 you would be skipping A LOT of content. Which then brings up the question do you even care about WoW, like actually care about it, as in the story and characters? If not, you're going to be bored fast. I don't care what new players do but I'm just saying you're skipping a whole lot of content. And how does this make it fair to the new players? If the new players are going to be that bothered that they have to actually play the game to earn what level 90 players have then this is obviously not the game for them or the KIND of game for them as in RPG as they're not going to be very interested in a lot of what WoW has to offer resulting in them being very bored in a short amount of time. Why even play at this point if this is how low you're interest is with WoW?
    Last edited by Geminiwolf; 2014-01-28 at 11:47 PM.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

  5. #125
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    I'm angry about this tbh :| Leveling is part of the world of warcraft experience. But whatever, blizzard can just be even more greedy
    No one is forcing you or anyone else to buy a 90 to play the game. Do you not understand that available choices is NOT limiting?
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Out with the old, in with the new, and superior
    Night Elf Independence Movement:

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Yes because the entire game revolves around leveling. /facepalm.

    This is actually one of the best things blizzard has done.
    No but the purpose of a massive online world is for people to actually use it. This is just further proof the leveling system is archaic and needs to be retired. All it does is set up artificial barriers betweens players and devalues any content not in your specific level range. At any given moment 99% of the virtual world's content is irrelevant to you due to the leveling system.

    I personally have no interest in any MMO unless they've abandoned the leveling system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  7. #127
    I really like the boost to 90, but I also recognize there is a problem when they give an option to skip all the content they have put in. The problem lies with leveling being boring and tedious for older players. I think this service should require you to have a level 100 to use. I also really like the veteran bonus with the professions. this way I can level to 60 (which is only 1 expansion old content) and then boost pass all the boring stuff

  8. #128
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Well if you're new to this game and you just go right ahead and buy a 90 you would be skipping A LOT of content. Which then brings up the question do you even care about WoW, like actually care about it, as in the story and characters? If not, you're going to be bored fast. I don't care what new players do but I'm just saying you're skipping a whole lot of content. And how does this make it fair to the new players? If the new players are going to be that bothered that they have to actually play the game to earn what level 90 players have then this is obviously not the game for them or the KIND of game for them as in RPG as they're not going to be very interested in a lot of what WoW has to offer resulting in them being very bored in a short amount of time. Why even play at this point if this is how low you're interest is with WoW?
    Counter point: A new player signs up simply to play with their friends, but are dismayed that they have to slog through hours and hours of content without being able to play with them properly. They get a free 90 with WoD and can immediately get invested in the story with their friends while leveling on Draenor. They have a blast, enjoy running dungeons with their friends, and suddenly have some time they can level an alt. Because of how great their initial experience was, they are really excited to see the whole story that led them to here. It's like a prequel to a really great movie.

    Because of their ability to instantly enjoy the game with their friends, their interest in the game magnifies greatly and they become far less bored than they would have been to go through 90 levels with their friends talking about how awesome Draenor and WoD are.
    BAD WOLF

  9. #129
    Pit Lord Geminiwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Demon Realm
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Counter point: A new player signs up simply to play with their friends, but are dismayed that they have to slog through hours and hours of content without being able to play with them properly. They get a free 90 with WoD and can immediately get invested in the story with their friends while leveling on Draenor. They have a blast, enjoy running dungeons with their friends, and suddenly have some time they can level an alt. Because of how great their initial experience was, they are really excited to see the whole story that led them to here. It's like a prequel to a really great movie.

    Because of their ability to instantly enjoy the game with their friends, their interest in the game magnifies greatly and they become far less bored than they would have been to go through 90 levels with their friends talking about how awesome Draenor and WoD are.
    Yeah, good point. It's just with the players we have today, to me, it feels like people just play WoW because of dumb reasons like "I just want the gear" or PVP and then when they get everything they wanted they're like "this is all there is in WoW?" and then they quit and rant about how WoW is nothing like how it used to be or there's nothing to do at max level. You make a good point though, it's happened to me before.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yes because the previous expansion's level cap is just a hop and skip away from epic raid gear, right?

    Would you like some water with your hyperbole, sir?
    Yes because 3 goofy looking transmog helms was just a hop and a skip away from instant level 90s right...not so hyperbolous now right ?

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Yes because the entire game revolves around leveling. /facepalm.

    This is actually one of the best things blizzard has done.
    Yes, this should be the major part of the game for majority.

  12. #132
    The Patient Conkerzlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Undercity
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Lots of newbs don't know the recruit a friend program.
    They also don't have heirlooms and gold to level faster, and waste hundreds of hours on obsoleted content.

    Now it is more fair to them.
    Personally I'm glad we can buy 90's because leveling is a boring waste of time that I've done a few times over this expansion.
    Warlords of Draenor ALPHA Content + Other Games!

    http://www.youtube.com/conkerzlol

  13. #133
    Epic! Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,668
    The only issue I have with paid 90s are the people that aren't great at learning a class without leveling. I'm one of those people lol. I've only been able to successfully duel spec once, on my lock. Of course not everyone has the same issues as me, I'm sure there are plenty of people who can pick up a fresh 90 and learn it fairly well. But there are at the very least just as many people out there that are completely clueless, and will jump right into groups with others without knowing a damn thing. That is going to suck.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    The only issue I have with paid 90s are the people that aren't great at learning a class without leveling. I'm one of those people lol. I've only been able to successfully duel spec once, on my lock. Of course not everyone has the same issues as me, I'm sure there are plenty of people who can pick up a fresh 90 and learn it fairly well. But there are at the very least just as many people out there that are completely clueless, and will jump right into groups with others without knowing a damn thing. That is going to suck.
    nothing new about that. people jump into groups with others and suck since wow was created, nothing will change with the level 90 boost.

  15. #135
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts
    60
    I honestly don't see it as a problem if they install certain requirements. For example, you must have at least 1-3 (random number) max level toons for currently subbed players or, if you are a returning player who hasn't played since -expansion here-, then here is your boost, for a fee.

    Surely everybody wins this way? People who have levelled multiple times and are bored with the current levelling system can skip it, no problems there imo, and new people aren't put off buy the 10, 20 etc, levels they need to grind.

    I don't know, that wouldn't bug me anyways, just my opinion.

  16. #136
    game isnt about leveling anymore so it really doesn't matter

    terrible people will still be terrible whether they level to 90 or buy a 90

  17. #137
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Yeah, good point. It's just with the players we have today, to me, it feels like people just play WoW because of dumb reasons like "I just want the gear" or PVP and then when they get everything they wanted they're like "this is all there is in WoW?" and then they quit and rant about how WoW is nothing like how it used to be or there's nothing to do at max level. You make a good point though, it's happened to me before.
    There are always going to be stupid people, but Blizzard seems pretty confident in their end game since about 5.2 and majorly for WoD. They know that has really become the primary focus for their game after the disaster of Cataclysm. They have to play to their strengths. There are going to be those bad seeds that think how you say....just have to ignore them lol.
    BAD WOLF

  18. #138
    I don't know....I'm having mixed thoughts on the buyable level 90s...

    Positives: Lots of people are TIRED of leveling, especially through the same content and same quest, dungeons ect. This allows people to come back and play with friends instead of worrying of "catching up" to all those years they stopped playing (although one could argue that you get a 90 with the exp). You also have to consider how massive 1-100 really is. 100 levels! That is alot of numbers, even if you blaze through it faster nowadays. I always knew there would come a level cap where blizzard would have to either start new characters at a higher level or offer boost and they have seem to of done the latter.

    Negatives: Honestly this is a shaky road. The biggest problem is that this game has become all about end game, with leveling becoming an "in the way" issue. To each their own, but the adventure of seeing the VAST AND MASSIVE WORLD in this game has always been my favorite part. I started back in Vanilla and would spend weeks on the same four quest and it took me over a year to hit max level. This wasn't because I sucked or was too slow, but because I CHOOSE to look around, read quest, and slowly make my way to the objectives while enjoying all my surroundings. That's the thing...the game was never a rush for me. It was all about YOUR PACE and not "OMG END GAME STUFF ALREADY CMON BOOSTBOOSTHRAH". I don't want to get off topic but basically, yes I do believe leveling IS a HUGE part of the game, and it is what makes an rpg a rpg. Something happened along the lines where people complained about not having enough time to do stuff so blizzard needed to reach out to those people. Maybe there should be a hardcore WoW. idk.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagamier View Post
    snippity snip
    While I dislike all the old-world leveling content myself I agree with all you've said, but there's no meaningful way that I can see that someone else's choice to buy a boost could have any effect on your experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Kael'thas 5/5, Deathrattle: summon a 5/5 Kael'thas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    hope you enjoy paying about $50 then.
    When money is not really a problem, why would someone care?

    Hell, I'd pay $100 to skip to level 100 and get to playing what I want sooner. Raids and heroic dungeons.
    Screw the alternate time line, time travel story back story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    No one is forcing you or anyone else to buy a 90 to play the game. Do you not understand that available choices is NOT limiting?
    Funny, thats the same thing that was said about no flying. OH you could always run on the ground if you wanted but no one did it cause it was "less effective". Even the ones that wanted to stay grounded.

    It will be the same for leveling, who the hell is going to level now that you can just pay to skip it. It less effective to level now and you get more out of your time buy just paying to skip. It's less effective to actually level now.

    Gamers will take the path of least resistance and claiming, if you don't want to use it - don't, will rarely happen when the option to buy and skip is there.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-01-31 at 03:14 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •