Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't mind people getting something special for leveling up normally, I disagree with this. This is just a feature that would be abused by people with a chip on their shoulder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the impression I got from the title was that you actually wanted some way to tell who had paid for the boosting service so you could kick them from the group. That's all such "recognition" would ever get used for, so you should blame toxic players, not Blizzard for why you can't have nice things in this case.

I leveled a lot of chars to 60 in Vanilla and even more to 70 in TBC.
    Then EVEN more to 80 in wotlk and god damn all of them to 85 in Cata!
    And now I'm sitting on 11 90's in MoP...

Yes, there is time spent. There is fun had.
    Would I need recognition on each and every characther that they were leveled up by hand? No.
    Do I care that someone else who pays for it could have countless level 100's in WoD? No.

I fail to understand why people care about this so much. What does it matter that someone pays to get to 90?
    I would however see it fit for an achievement NOW, in MoP, to have every class at 90. Why stop the achievements at 5?

I dont care about lvling achive hell i got 90 of each class but, i would like to know how blizzard will guide boosted characters , maybe a couple quick tutorial quest, maybe a forced visit to noxxic or icy veins

Can we give them a star in front of their name?

Deleted
    I don't see this as benefiting people very much and would only discriminate against them.

I think at the moment we need to be encouraging new people with potential skill to join us and not causing issues.

- Arty

Deleted
    People are looking at it as Mop max lvl is 90... Mops Is still current... the boost is to 90 thus meaning they skipped everything.

When WoD comes out, this subject won't have any ground to run on.

They should have a permanent title that says "Cheater".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    People are looking at it as Mop max lvl is 90... Mops Is still current... the boost is to 90 thus meaning they skipped everything.

When WoD comes out, this subject won't have any ground to run on.
    Makes sense, it will be very different then. I still think getting more people online would be a good thing, not a bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stehonor View Post
    Makes sense, it will be very different then. I still think getting more people online would be a good thing, not a bad.
    This is an amazing idea, a returning player / new player without BoA is going to have an amazing time lvling from 1-90 in WoD.. This boost is needed.

What Blizzard should actually do is add achievement for 11 max lvl, with title, mount or whatever as a reward. I have 12 90 lvl characters, and I personally don't care if people could buy themselves lvl90 characters (hell, I'd even buy myself some), but I want some reward for having full account capped, because that actually had taken a huge amount of time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    worked hard...hahah, good one mate.

After seeing this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post25074605

Hell no. Some people would just be douchebags and abuse the group kick feature by kicking people with boosted characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    What Blizzard should actually do is add achievement for 11 max lvl, with title, mount or whatever as a reward. I have 12 90 lvl characters, and I personally don't care if people could buy themselves lvl90 characters (hell, I'd even buy myself some), but I want some reward for having full account capped, because that actually had taken a huge amount of time and effort.
    That sounds like a cool idea / achievement. I think it would be good to have something other than a title to set very good achievers apart from the rest, like only 2 person on a realm could get it?

Anyway, probably for another topic!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a free 80 Mage from a Scroll last year.

Doesn't really bother me that they will be offering this service, it will probably bring more players back for a short while.

Skill wise, even a new player levelling 1-90 with the current system doesn't get much of a tutorial on how to play their class well.

The game could really use a decent tutorial system, but I guess that will not happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    The game could really use a decent tutorial system, but I guess that will not happen now.
    If they follow along with what they did for Monks combined with the Proving Grounds stuff, I could see the boosted 90 opening quests doing wonders to train players. The monk quests alone teach players more about their class than leveling to 60/70/80/85/90 ever did. Expand on that a bit, and you'll see people knowing more of their abilities before they hit 91 than most players who've leveled multiple toons from 1-90.

Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    Oh hey, there was already a thread about this. I agree with you OP, people who level deserve some difference It's 100 levels of content people! Saying we are asking to be special snowflakes is stupid.

People explore the map, get a tabard. People who do all the quests, get a title. People do that one raid? get a mount. Why can't 100 levels of content give me a title? It's silly to argue something so trivial. If you want the damn title go quest.

Saying it's part of the core game and we shouldn't get rewarded is also dumb. Raiding is the core of the game and so is exploring the map? Sure you don't HAVE to do it, but guess what? you don't HAVE to level anymore. Someone who is richer than me can now pay there way out of it, what about the people who can't afford a free 90? They get nothing for doing the 100 levels of content?

I'll probably just get bashed for this anyway, but figured I'd throw in my last 2 cents.
    Why would a 'free' 90 cost money?.......
    Everyone gets one with the expansion so yea your point is moot.

Also i see alot of mention about other peoples money, starting to come to the conclusion others are jelly at people having a better income, hey if thats the case you only have yourself to blame, you should of studied more at school/college/uni or get up off ya asses and get a better job (most here prob still reeking it in off mummy and daddys credit card anyway).

Hoping they add lots more fun stuff ie toys mounts pets ,lots more transmog gear including transmog weapons to the store.
    Im going to wait to see prices and if its not too bad i might buy a few 90's too....because i can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    no!! what blizzard need to do is keep adding to the store, hopefully most of the fucktards that are against it will migrate to another game and take there toxic elitist attitude with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    I've got seven 90's, one 86, one 66 and two 12's. I couldn't care less about other people buying 90's. If they want to spend money to get to endgame, more power to them. It has no effect on my enjoyment of the game.
    This is more or less exactly what I wanted to say.

So what if they want to pay to boost a character. How does that affect you? If you want some sort of recognition of your deeds, screenshot your armory, make note of the days you got your Lvl 10, 20, 30 (etc etc) achievements for each individual alt and then photoshop that onto a nice poster that you can print and put on the wall.

For kicks, put it on imgur and post it in ANY chat window you find, so that other people can bask in your glory.

Deleted
    Anyone asking for anyone of telling that a character has been boosted is basically wanting to abuse them, kick them from LFR etc.

So NO, NEVER, NOT AT ALL.

P.S. I will never boost a toon, but I don't presume to tell others how to play the game like some people will.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    And there I though I was playing a game all these without realising I was working. Damn you Blizzard. Blizzard should be paying me, not the other way round.