Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Now that Ghostcrawler is lead dev, will you try LoL?

Now that Ghostcralwer is the lead dev at Riot games, will you try League of Legends?

I think the game is fantastic, and will get even better with Ghostcrawler there.

Thoughts?

Pretty much the opposite. I didn't play it much to begin with, but with his influence on the game I probably won't play it much at all.

I dont think another lead developer can make me interested in MOBA games.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    Nothing could make me want to play LoL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Pretty much the opposite. I didn't play it much to begin with, but with his influence on the game I probably won't play it much at all.
    Why? That was such a rude thing to say about the guy, he did a fantastic job in WoW.

Already tried LoL, it wasn't my type of game.

I doubt a new lead dev is going to change that.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

MOBAs exist to make people angry and start arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game still is the same old, same old. I don't it will really change that much, I feel he'll be more involved with the PR side of development than doing the actual development. He'll still be involved in development but more of the guy who talks to playerbase about everything.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    MOBAs exist to make people angry and start arguments.
    What does MOBA stand for?

I think he will do a great job in LoL, unlike what he did in WoW. Still no interest in LoL, the only MOBA I will actually really try is Heroes of the Storm.

No because i suck at it and people get awfully grumpy when you suck and cba to listen to whiny bitches who can't comprehend that some people aren't magically fucking amazing within the first hour of playing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    Nothing could make me want to play LoL.
    Ditto. For me variety has to be in the form of maps and modes, not so many characters that I could never master them all. Playing on that one map and mode over and over is very uninteresting to me. Besides, one developer will only affect so much. So no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I won't, I tired LoL and thought the game was just a steaming heap (Note: this is just my personal opinion I am in no way trying to imply it is not fun to some), not to mention the spyware and malware they force you to install. I doubt anything can be done with that game that would get me interested in playing it ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What does MOBA stand for?
    Quick Google search turns up: https://www.google.com/search?q=MOBA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I won't, I tired LoL and thought the game was just a steaming heap (Note: this is just my personal opinion I am in no way trying to imply it is not fun to some), not to mention the spyware and malware they force you to install. I doubt anything can be done with that game that would get me interested in playing it ever.
    Curious what spyware and malware you are referring to?

What i dont like about lol is the overly toxic community. I can handle a certain amount of toxic by now, which again is sad, but at some Point it just pushes me away.
    I dont know if it is his Job or if it is in his or anyones abilities to do something about it.

Besides i am not a sensitive vegetarian treehugger, and i can and do swear as well, but some communities are somehow too much for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Quick Google search turns up: https://www.google.com/search?q=MOBA

- - - Updated - - -

Curious what spyware and malware you are referring to?
    I dont know but i guess he refers to steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like MOBAs. So.. no.

sadly no.
    as much as I would like to see the game made by someone with GC's experience - I really don't enjoy MOBA games (entry curve is too steep)
    the only one I will give more focused try will be Heroes of the Storm

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh its Jaylock. No i wont be playing LoL. I have it downloaded, but i couldn't care less about the lore of the characters, so i don't enjoy it. I will be trying Heroes of The storm though, because I enjoy most blizzard lore.

I gave up on LoL when SWTOR came out and never went back. I have friends who still play it and the community is as toxic as ever. So I have zero plans on going back...

I've tried League of Legends, I didn't like it. It's just not my type of game. The only MOBA that I have even remotely liked is Smite.

So no, I won't try LoL again no matter who is on the developer team.