Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    13.9 now. And Hamilton's radio is undisciplined today, catching broadcast chatter giving him confusing orders and mistimed chatter. Mercedes look to be at odds and ends based off their own tactical errors.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    13.9 now. And Hamilton's radio is undisciplined today, catching broadcast chatter giving him confusing orders and mistimed chatter. Mercedes look to be at odds and ends based off their own tactical errors.
    They made 2 mistakes they send their cars in with the safety car when Vettel stayed on the track and they went to hards while Vettel was still on fresh Mediums and now in the end they are both on hards... 2 stops vs 3 stops lol
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    So since this is looking more and more like a Vettel win do you think Ferrari can keep this up or is this a fluke?

15+ Year Old Account
    Who knows, the Ferrari's are closer then Mercedes expected them to be, they might not be a threat for the championship but good enough to catch a lot of points that would have gone to Mercedes last year and with a better strategy everything can happen same as with rain.

Also nice for Kimi that eventho with a flar tire and starting all the way in the back he still managed to become 4th i think he would have been a real threat for Rosberg if he didnt get a flat tire
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2015-03-29 at 08:47 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    They made 2 mistakes they send their cars in with the safety car when Vettel stayed on the track and they went to hards while Vettel was still on fresh Mediums and now in the end they are both on hards... 2 stops vs 3 stops lol
    That all started when Mercedes, for some arcane reason, used options in Q1 when primes would have been enough. That meant Hamilton only had one set of options for the race. Probably cost him the win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That all started when Mercedes, for some arcane reason, used options in Q1 when primes would have been enough. That meant Hamilton only had one set of options for the race. Probably cost him the win.
    Yesterday they where talking about it on Sport1 why Mercedes did that they could have easily made it with primes. evenso i dont think Hamilton would have closed that gap.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that im that happy Vettel won because i much rather see Kimi win but im super happy for Ferrari that they got a great start of the season eventho their expectations where much lower then what they got right now.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2015-03-29 at 08:58 AM.

Amazing race for Kimi. With circumstances like that it's no small feat to push into those positions.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Good win for Vettel, nice to see some more competition. but the cynic in me tells me the only way Ferrari beats Merc is days like today - strategy with tires.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notebookonmydesk View Post
    Good win for Vettel, nice to see some more competition. but the cynic in me tells me the only way Ferrari beats Merc is days like today - strategy with tires.
    Thats racing its not all pure power and speed its also strategy's and tire management these days and that makes this win even sweeter because Ferrari's strategy was better maybe on a street track the Mercedes has more grip but today on Sepang Ferrari showed that their speed and pace and tire management are very good. Vettel gets all the credit but Kimi was better in my eyes and he was better all weekend i would have loved too see him battle the Mercedes cars.

If the Mercedes cars are 1 and 2 in a race you barely hear them but today when they had Vettel behind and infront of them they where clueless on the radio like when Vettel after his first stop was behind Rosberg and the team said that Vettel still had to box in he said "keep it simple just tell me if Vettel passes me has he beaten me?" and his team confirmed and Hamilton was also struggling with the board radio he realy didnt know what was going on as they arent used to being pushed by other teams i also heard them say things to their drivers which didnt realy make sense like "if you do 1.42.7 then we predict you will be behind Vettel the last 5 rounds" while Vettel had a 11 sec gap and Hamilton was doing 1.43.7 and Vettel 1.44.0 but it was meant to be for Rosberg...
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2015-03-29 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    Have to be honest, though I agree they aren't used to being pushed, both mercs didnt appear all that quick.

They were far more composed and quicker in Melbourne, I just refuse to accept that Ferrari have closed a 30 second gap in 2 weeks, even Mercedes will bring in upgrades for this.

Something seemed really off and I do think the Mercedes team were told to slow down, there were complaints to how boring Australia race was due to there being no racing.

Think there were reports that the Mercedes team were only using like 80% engine and nico said he had a lot of fuel left, that means he had more pace in reserve.

This race was far better race to watch, the constant how is it gonna go, who really is up top or not.

If mercedes were top again and by a mile, wouldn't that signal a issue with F1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but i refuse to believe that rumor of Mercedes slowing down.

Deleted
    Hope so too, and that other teams truly have caught up, this race just felt strange.

In reference of 80%, this was melbourne race and nico had plenty of fuel left and yet 30 secs ahead of vettel at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

2 Weeks have rarely, very rarely seen that kind of catch up, I cannot recall the last time in F1 this level of improvements have come in like this especially when other teams are in a position to improve constantly as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think people are making more of that 30 seconds then it realy is also i think Rosberg was pulling some numbers out of his ass as they have been doing every race weekend this season so far.

I think it was clear they messed up tire strategy in qualifying, then did it again in the race and thrown together with really high track temperatures causing the car to ruin the tyres pretty quickly, an issue Mercedes had in 2013 when their car was super fast but chewed its tyres.

It was a nice race though, pleasant surprise to see the Ferrari competitive.. I hope hope that it continues this way throughout the season, though I suspect this was more of a freak situation and under normal conditions the Mercedes cars will be miles ahead again.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

At least it was a more entertaining race than australia.

15+ Year Old Account
    We will see after the 4th race where everyone stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    I have tried streams but they have such bad quality that i started paying 3,99 euro to see the race every time i dont think its that much and i get all the statistics on a second screen and all 3 free sessions and the qualifying rounds on Sport1
    Dont have that here in aus its about $700aus per year to get the sports channels. thats probly like $650us now.

I did get pm'd a stream and thats what I have to use from now on
    Last edited by sargior; 2015-04-03 at 03:41 AM.