Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I find it funny people say Taran Zhu had plot armor during the fight.

Are they really that ignorant of the situation that they ignore the person who really had the plot armor was Garrosh? By all accounts of Taran Zhu, he should have whooped Garrosh's ass silly. But he couldn't because then there'd be no point in the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    IMO - those who say "Mists of Pandaria's theme doesn't fit with Warcraft" tells me that they don't give a damn about lore... the whole POINT of the expansion IS the fact that it was different! it was paradise, and we (horde/alliance) invaded it and brought our "assholiness" to Paradise.

If you can't see that... then you don't play for lore, or a story, or for an adventure, or for an exciting world - you play to probably just stroke your ego with gear-stats.

I feel the same is going to happen to all these FPS Badass-poser Wolverine wanabees who want brainless testosterone raging and little else. They're going to get older, and get some more experience and culture, then think back on Pandaria and say "...holy S$*&#! That was WAAAAY ahead of its time!"

...nevermind that MoP, IMO, is the first time WoW has leaned back to being a TRUE MMORPG... and not some mass-multi arcade action game.
    Note the thread is *Pandaren's lore*, the expansion redeems itself outside of the actual Pandaren race lore.

In the scope of the entire expansion there are some great narratives the Sha, Mogu and Mantid were all awesome. The Mantid in particular felt fresh and their integration into the raids felt justified and progressed their story. I think the same can be said of the Mogu and Sha too, but I just enjoyed the Mantid more. I certainly think the patches really progressed well, with you feeling like you were part of the developing story. The change in zones probably having the biggest impact.

The biggest down fall is the actual Pandaren, which were too often were used to carry parts of the narrative. Which by all means makes sense, its their island right? Except when you despise them the story falls flat or worse you ignore it.

Using Lorewalker Cho as a storytelling vehicle for the raids was a major mistake. "Oh my goodness another chamber!" Gee, thanks Mr. Cho. Can we watch Dora the Explorer after this boss? Even minor involvement of Pandaren in dungeons is followed with battlecrys like "lets get this party started!" Urgh I groan inside everytime.
    Last edited by TheTaurenOrc; 2014-01-29 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Pandaria = by far the best and most immersive expansion storyline until now.
    Immersive? My character felt completely out of place the entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Immersive? My character felt completely out of place the entire expansion.
    Yeah I felt like they wanted me to stop fighting and go take up a hoe and become a farmer. Or an alcoholic.

If it wasn't for Garrosh carrying this expansion, it would've easily been worse than Cataclysm. And thats saying A LOT

It was boring for me since the begining, it lack seriousness, it doesn't matter how the Sha threatened the land, how deadly the Mantid are, how cruel the Mogu was, when u put a fat Panda Fighting Kung Fu in the middle...
    The whole design around the Pandarens itself make them too comic.

As an expansion it was great how they developed the game this time, but the whole "Pandaren" theme wasn't interesting at all, at least for me...
    Last edited by Ikkarus; 2014-01-29 at 08:58 PM.

Loads of beautiful lore treats around on the Wandering Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    Loads of beautiful lore treats around on the Wandering Isle.
    Now you are getting pretentious.

I still despise it as much as I did when first leveling through it.

For me this has to be the best expansion lorewise. It showed how a simple part of the land, like the area around the Jade Dragon Statue, could be ripped apart by people simply because they hate each other and refuse to work though anything with more then an axe. Yes it has been about Pandaren and Sha and Mogu, but the heart of the whole expansion is how the Horde and Alliance came to Pandera and we set in motion, though our hatred of the other side, the early rise of the mantid when the Pandaren weren't ready for it. Because of Garrosh's hatred of the Alliance he had the horde tear apart the Vale.

The island of Pandaria is similar to Northrend and Outland. They all show how the architecture of an area can be different when your dealing with different climates. They also show how even on the same planet, just like ours, when your separated from the rest of the world by an ocean how things can be different.

To me all of this together has made the expansion my favorite of all of them.

Deleted
    I think the pandaren lore is really well made and incorporated into the Warcraft universe. I wanted them ingame since forever because of Warcraft III.

The only thing I disliked is the fact that they made Pandaria a continent and we had an entire expansion of pandaren. I would have prefered if it was a Southseas expansion and Pandaria was an island instead.