Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Remove the pet for the first 89 levels and make them learn how to solo stuff
    I would actually support that idea. Seems like it'll be the other way around next expansion, unfortunately.

Every class gets insulted with the "one button class lolz" comments. Its just jealous people who get butthurt over dps meters. Hunters have several buttons like any other dps class. You need to learn the class better if you only press one.

Hey guys, one of the classes with the most ability bloat is a 1 button class. Hurr Durr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    A ranged class that has the best mobility, no cast times and 100% dps while moving is the epitome of 0 brain 0 skill.
    If any other ranged class needed to regen resources as much as hunters do, they'd probably be able to cast while moving too.

A ranged class that has the best mobility, no cast times and 100% dps while moving is the epitome of 0 brain 0 skill.
    Confirmed for having never played a hunter.
    There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life. ~ Private Leonard Church

We have to shoot while moving because of our resource operates. If Focus were more like Energy instead of an Energy/Rage hybrid, then it'd be fine for us to not shoot and move.

We also pay for that mobility in other ways like being easy to train (lack of survival cooldowns,) extremely cooldown dependent, multistep CC that can be prevented by your team, and no damage or healing utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    Indeed it was, I main a hunter myself and they do not use one button. Shit, survival requires effort and time to be good at. Now BM on the otherhand does not require as much effort to pull the same amount of DPS but it definitely requires rotation. i do 2s with another hunter. Got to about 1500 and the only reason we did was because we knew how to manage our burst and CC targets.
    This is why PvP and PvE will bump heads a lot. In PvP, there are a lot of specs who can faceroll a burst combo to win. But some of those same mongoloid burst specs like Arms and Beast Mastery are more intricate and more centered on timing and planning requirements when playing them in PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    All classes are easy to play, some are just easier then others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I would actually support that idea. Seems like it'll be the other way around next expansion, unfortunately.
    I mained a hunter in TBC. I had to say it I know all about the button bloat. Seems like I only picked classes that needed 20 buttons to push. Druid, Rogue, Hunter, DK. Even my mage seemed to have too many. If anything, I would love to see more items automated, like attaching the traps to the pet so when it firs attacks, it drops the traps near it and backs up a step to lure in the mob and trigger the traps. Or, have an option like we used to with totems to launch all traps at one time. Anyway... just having a little fun with my response

10+ Year Old Account
    More crying from people who got killed by a hunter in pvp. These threads get old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    More crying from people who got killed by a hunter in pvp. These threads get old.
    Let's be honest, it is usually the pet

Look at all the hunters trying to justify having the lowest skill cap.. Please let this thread be satire..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aidentech View Post
    Look at all the hunters trying to justify having the lowest skill cap.. Please let this thread be satire..
    Easy to learn, hard to master.
    Welcome to several expansions after tbc.

Who do you think had more things to keep track of in cata? mages or hunters?
    (Haven't played MoP, can't really comment on that.)

Just because you have more buttons to press doesnt mean it's harder to play. Nor is less buttons easier to play, and tbh no classes or specs are very hard to play.

If you can play one class well you can play them all well and if you're bad with one the risk is high that you're bad with all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Just because you have more buttons to press doesnt mean it's harder to play. Nor is less buttons easier to play, and tbh no classes or specs are very hard to play. .
    Arguable. hitting ~ 15 buttons is harder than hitting 6, since it requires more focus and training up your multitasking skills.

if you think hunter is one button or stupidly easy then you're playing it wrong.

I have a friend who plays a hunter, and quite well I might add but he has a macro that does most of his attacks for him. Long winded thing that does his cobra shot, arcane shot, kill command (I think it's called) in the 'right' optimal sequence.

So while raiding, he spams "1" and only presses other buttons to pop CD's or re-apply viper sting.

I got a hunter to lvl90 and found them easy (NOT saying I'm a master, especially if PvP is concerned, never did it on a hunter) but there's a lot of convenience to being a hunter since movement doesn't affect you in any way (that's so huge). I never copied his macro but I know most of the night, he does indeed spam "1". I play shadow priest, find it harder but I much prefer the playstyle...maybe just used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sajek View Post
    I have a friend who plays a hunter, and quite well I might add but he has a macro that does most of his attacks for him. Long winded thing that does his cobra shot, arcane shot, kill command (I think it's called) in the 'right' optimal sequence.

So while raiding, he spams "1" and only presses other buttons to pop CD's or re-apply viper sting.

I got a hunter to lvl90 and found them easy (NOT saying I'm a master, especially if PvP is concerned, never did it on a hunter) but there's a lot of convenience to being a hunter since movement doesn't affect you in any way (that's so huge). I never copied his macro but I know most of the night, he does indeed spam "1". I play shadow priest, find it harder but I much prefer the playstyle...maybe just used to it.

Your friend was playing very suboptimally if he stuck all his stuff in a castsequence macro. You can do okay like that, but it's hardly a decent example of someone trying to do well. All classes have macros like that. You can go to wowlazymacros and find one that suits you.

Here you go,

Code:
    /castsequence reset=0.2 0,0,Mind Blast
    /castsequence reset=0.2 0,Shadow Word: Death
    /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/3 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch, Mind Flay, Mind Flay, Mind Flay
    /cast !Power Infusion
    /cast Shadowfiend
    Shadow priests are 1 button.

Assuming that by "viper sting" you meant "serpent sting" since "viper sting" hasn't been in the game for a while... The mere fact that he has to reapply it means he isn't doing a good job. Realistically it should never fall off.
    Last edited by movzx; 2014-01-28 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter is a one button class...?
    To learn how to play my hunter properly, now I can't bear playing any other classes, because they all seem a downgrade in difficulty to me.
    How about you go play one and then tell us how easy it is to deal max dps in BM?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every weapon is hunter weapon AMIRIGHT.

I like hunters right now, it's the "Easy to learn, slightly difficult to master" class for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sajek View Post

If he's using a 1 button macro, he's not maximizing his dps. This has been proven numerous times. For example, you're likely wasting time and dps with BW being unused while you wait for your KC to come off of CD because you were too busy spamming your macro. It's more optimal to throw an arcane shot or cobra shot in while KC sits unused if BW is coming off CD in 1 or 2 seconds. Otherwise, you're not getting the most out of BW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Hunters have plenty of buttons to play. You're mixing us up with mages
    at least mages can be interrupted, huntards jump around and bash the keyboard with their face, no way to stop them from doing that without cc ofc but that works on anyone