Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Blizzard, do not make legendary items so easy to get please.

I like having a legendary. It's an awesome cloak, huge dps boost. But I do not feel like it is truely legendary. It doesn't even feel special that I have it and I was one the first on my realm to have it. But part of the definition of legendary is rare. I remember back in wrath when I saw someone had Shadowmourne.. I was like, "holy shit." Now I see people in nothing but LFR gear have the legendary cloak... Really blizz? C'mon.. Make it atleast a challenge to get it. I was on the forums today on the wow site and someone said something about recruiting and one of the requirements is having the legendary cape. That's a joke.. Legendaries aren't supposed to be for everyone. You don't have to make them how they were in Classic, or even how they were in Cata, or wrath. But don't make them a joke to get. If casual players complain that they don't have a legendary cape, then either deal with it, or raid more... They shouldn't be communal. It also hurts alts. If everyone, or most, has the cloak, and as i mentioned they are a pretty substantial dps boost with the meta gem, then that puts the alts severely behind. They just simply can not keep up with those who have the legendaries. Now that would not be an issue if everyone did not have them.

i agree more challenges. kinda like getting a rank in brawlers guild or getting a slighty hard version of silver in proving grounds. nothing too impossible

In before someone claims that length of time equates to difficulty to obtain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Well of course regarding the title "legendary" it still needs to take long to obtain.

But it should be actually hard, not just grinding for the win. Not like the last boss of the green warlock fire quest, read a guide -> done
    Last edited by Deztru; 2014-01-29 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Legendary" is an item color. That's it. It doesn't have to feel a certain way or be sufficiently difficult to acquire. It's name has to be orange. That's it.

how the hell is an expansion long quest chain blocked by RNG, waiting a few weeks for VP, and a few solo scenarios=easy?

anyway too bad. WoD will have another legendary like that and a bonus legendary which has yet to be given details outside of extremely rare
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    how the hell is an expansion long quest chain blocked by RNG, waiting a few weeks for VP, and a few solo scenarios=easy?

anyway too bad. WoD will have another legendary like that and a bonus legendary which has yet to be given details outside of extremely rare
    Wouldn't a legendary weapon that scales with your avg. item level be cool? It would be better for HC raiders than LFR heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Sitting through all the LFRs sure makes it hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    That is like saying dailies are hard because there is a long reputation grind. Most of the steps involve things players would already be doing that are easy tasks in themselves. Despite this there are players who complain when they have to do something different and therefor unfair. Then there are those who bitch that a cloak isnt legendary enough despite them likely not getting one in the first place had it not been targeted for a wide audience. Now people are complaining about having to replace their legendary next expansion.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-29 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    things change, maybe this game isnt for you anymore

The model of giving everyone a welfare legendary for the grand accomplishment of putting up with lfr once a week not only ruins the epicness of legendary items, it actually hurts game balance as well. Try raiding heroic SOO with no legendary meta or cloak, and marvel as you do 30% less damage than the guy next to you who has exactly the same gear. When you give every single person a legendary, it ceases to be a nice little reward for a collective effort that gives you a slight edge, and becomes a requirement; It's basically attunements 2.0 if you really think about it. Want to re-roll one of your alts and don't have a legendary? Good luck with that.

I agree with OP 100%. Stop catering to QQ's blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    "Legendary" is an item color. That's it. It doesn't have to feel a certain way or be sufficiently difficult to acquire. It's name has to be orange. That's it.
    bullshit. legendary items are powerful, RARE items obtained only by very few individuals. mop had no legendary, it had an orange cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    bullshit. legendary items are powerful, RARE items obtained only by very few individuals. mop had no legendary, it had an orange cloak.
    Yeah, it took real skill to kill a boss repeatedly until that glaive dropped. Then wait for the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    That is like saying dailies are hard because there is a long reputation grind. Most of the steps involve things players would already be doing that are easy tasks in themselves. Despite this there are players who complain when they have to do something different and therefor unfair. Then there are those who bitch that a cloak isnt legendary enough despite them likely not getting one in the first place had it not been targeted for a wide audience. Now people are complaining about having to replace their legendary next expansion.
    dailies arent hard though. never have been
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Or better yet, don't worry about what others have. Get what you want in the way you want and just let it go. Others having some enjoyment should in no way affect you. Sounds like the type of folks that would have issue with a neighbor winning the lottery and suddenly having the same quality of life that they've worked years for... instead of just being happy that someone got lucky.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of legendaries up to this point in time have been easy to get. This is the only one that actually requires some degree of personal effort.(I've known people who paid for each of the legendaries obtainable in the past, or were handed to them by their guild because of one reason or another{sometimes because they deserved it sometimes its because of a relationship to the guild leader) The Cloak takes time but it does take a small bit of personal effort(not a ton but it does take some effort).

The part I love about the cloak is the lack of controversy over the thing. My guilds 2nd Smourne jumped ship right after obtaining the thing. That's the danger of such a powerful upgrade that takes guild effort to achieve. Plenty of people will complain about not getting it first or gquit after getting it. Sad but true. The cloak has its own issues but at least you don't have to worry about someone gquitting right after obtaining the thing or quitting because player X got it before them and they felt they deserved it more.

All in all, no matter what way they make legendaries obtainable there will ALWAYS be issues so long as it remains such a big upgrade.
    Last edited by Deathsknight; 2014-01-29 at 12:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yer... No. It took a WHOLE expansion to get. That is more time and effort then any other legendary.

All this thread is is another reason to abuse LFR players and hate on them. It has nothing to do with the legendary.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    OP. This is your interpretation of what a legendary should be and feel like. Blizz interpretation is clearly what they wanted to achieve making the legendary accessible to everyone who put the effort in making sure people who deserve it don't miss out.

I actually rarely see it in lfr especially on someone only in lfr gear.

Bottom line. I agree with blizz and I am glad they have done this.

I don't need a bunch of pixels to feel special, but I do agree that earning a legendary item should require more than just collecting parts. Blizzard should make good use of the scenario solo-queue feature. Ideally, 25 per cent of the overall effort should be about collecting parts in a raid and the remainder ought to play out in a series of solo scenarios or group dungeons.

Think Warlock green fire quest before higher ilevels softened the encounter somewhat.