Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Or you get very unlucky and are fixated twice and you are already at or close to the end of the hall.
    Double fixation it's not RNG but based on the distance, at least that's what i can tell from experience.
    We constantly forcing double fixations with melees to maximize range dps on this phase

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    Our guild has a specific way of kiting the boss to maximize dps for everyone involved. It would cause every subsequent kiter to have to adjust from the norm, so we don't use it.
    You quoted the reasoning behind when to use SG and then you completely ignored it. You use SG when Thok has a second of fixate left without any space left to run. No one has to adjust for anything when a fixate ends a second short. If your tactic fails on a fixate ending a second short, then you actually need tools like SG.

Why you think anyone would randomly use SG on a fixate boggles my mind.
    Last edited by mmoc11af7d859d; 2014-01-31 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    I use it on Thok fixate as soon as it happens so I can scumbag DPS more

I am Disc and will be using this on Thok as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    It also works to drop Aim on paragons. You are still locked in place, but the damage doesn't go off.
    I did not know this so I joined LFR and it worked, Freaking OP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    Are you actually serious? You'd rather have a 200k heal on a boss that deals 400k damage every two seconds than be able to kite Thok safely?
    Yeah we are. Vanish, spectral, feign death adds to the speed the boss goes at, so if you do that :

a) You can insta gib someone because they didn't anticipate the shorter fixate
    b) You can indirectly insta gib someone because the boss moves faster
    c) You shorten the kite phase, which means you need to dps more during the standstill phase

In emergency sure, use it. But if you are somewhat competent, you shouldn't ever have to use it before the boss hits 15 stacks.

Confirmed as of last night, SG drops Mesmerize on Kunchongs for Paragons. Worked for all 4 of our priests. So I see it was previously mentioned a few times here-- but definitely abuse this.

Re: SG on Fixate

We have a very very specific kite pattern that is often different from what I've seen others do (as I mentioned)-- I wouldn't want to SG to drop it unless something really weird happened to me individually. I've never needed to use it on myself. We do have some over ambitious players who do not run directly to the wall, but instead approach it at an angle. I guess if they could use SG, that might be nice. But honestly why try to fix what isn't broken for us? We never have anything weird happen with kiting that isn't completely player error.

If it works for your raid, wonderful. It wouldn't work for us.
    Last edited by Sillychan; 2014-02-17 at 06:24 PM.

You can use it on shamans foul stream, but the boss will just target someone else with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about toxic mist?

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    What about toxic mist?
    Pretty sure its instant cast, So you'd have to have it active while it was being cast, assuming you were one of the intended targets of the effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    I use it on Thok fixate as soon as it happens so I can scumbag DPS more
    Not needed in my guild as healers and melee kite which incidentally is also the natural way of doing it since ranged are near the boss to DPS it while melee cannot reliably DPS the boss. If you're being forced to kite as Shadow you and your team are doing something very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    Confirmed as of last night, SG drops Mesmerize on Kunchongs for Paragons. Worked for all 4 of our priests. So I see it was previously mentioned a few times here-- but definitely abuse this.
    Been known for a long, long time...

Thok: Emergency stealth for healer priest (Shadow should not kite).
    Siege: Sawblades. All specs. Careful with Laser as it will retarget someone. You don't want that to happen.
    Klaxxi: Aim, Mesmerize. All specs. Also the only reason to bring you to the fight.
    Garrosh: May work with Malice, haven't tried. Some people use it to make sure they're not target by MC (which may increase ToF uptime). Shadow only. I just stick with DP there.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Careful with Laser as it will retarget someone. You don't want that to happen.
    You don't know me then...

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    ... so I can scumbag DPS more

Deleted
    Really? I hope you are joking or I feel sorry for your raid & officer team. If that would lead to a raid wipe in my raids I would insta replace you because I don't give a fuck about your DPS I care if the boss dies or not worst case I have to care about raid wide DPS (on specific targets). As shadow I gladly eat stuff like that since I know the damage from other people like mage and lock is more important or better. I gladly take Aim, Mesmerize, Sawblade. The more I (or other shadow & hunter and maybe mage / rogue) get, the easier the fight is for the rest. I get it most players are unable to play as a team, I suggest those players go play a solo game of some kind (like Tetris or whatever) instead since raiding is a team effort. The abilities mentioned in this thread are the only reason to bring a shadow over a lock or mage on these fights and they're all well known and absolutely amazing (mage's has 3x longer CD). Now, if he can't even utilize that, then WTF is he doing in the instance?

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Really? I hope you are joking or I feel sorry for your raid & officer team. If that would lead to a raid wipe in my raids I would insta replace you because I don't give a fuck about your DPS I care if the boss dies or not worst case I have to care about raid wide DPS (on specific targets). As shadow I gladly eat stuff like that since I know the damage from other people like mage and lock is more important or better. I gladly take Aim, Mesmerize, Sawblade. The more I (or other shadow & hunter and maybe mage / rogue) get, the easier the fight is for the rest. I get it most players are unable to play as a team, I suggest those players go play a solo game of some kind (like Tetris or whatever) instead since raiding is a team effort. The abilities mentioned in this thread are the only reason to bring a shadow over a lock or mage on these fights and they're all well known and absolutely amazing (mage's has 3x longer CD). Now, if he can't even utilize that, then WTF is he doing in the instance?
    He doesn't launch sawblade if you SG. You don't take damage if you SG after aim has been cast saving all those people the effort (and lost dps and damage taken) from sharing it.

Seriously, if you are going to go on a rant about something try to get your facts straight. You just look stupid at the moment. And that's an understatement.

Deleted
    Does it work on hc Sha of Pride's corrupted fragment? meaning you use it a few seconds before CF happens and RNG would have been "at your side" so no one gets to the pacman?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why i asked about mist also, in general if you use it before a timed boss skill is it possible to avoid the mechanic? flame orb, toxic mist, fragment, sawblades, arrogance etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    He doesn't launch sawblade if you SG. You don't take damage if you SG after aim has been cast saving all those people the effort (and lost dps and damage taken) from sharing it.

Seriously, if you are going to go on a rant about something try to get your facts straight. You just look stupid at the moment. And that's an understatement.
    You did not understand my post at all which raises the question who looks stupid. My post was a statement to people using SG if they get targeted by Laser. Also, if SG is used for that, it may be on CD for next Sawblade which means the priest has to run out. Which is unexpected because normally that isn't needed. I know exactly what SG does, I use it every week in SoO. A priest who does not use it on any difficulty isn't using their class abilities right and on Normal and Heroic difficulty as far as I'm concerned a retard. Whenever you get targeted by any of these abilities its 1 GCD and the ability is mitigated. Whereas a warlock will have to run out, or get a soak team ready, or loses damage due to Mesmerize. Hence, I have no problem at all getting these abilities in my face. I WANT to bait them. With Laser, I have no problem getting that either. As I stated the mages and warlocks among us are simply more important (lock does more AoE and single target, mage does nice slows) and with Glyph of Mind Flay, B&S / Feathers, and off healing a Laser is no issue for shadow.