Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What do you think the hardest encounter in game was (at its prime)?

What boss was the hardest at its time? talk about experiences or general consensuses

Deleted
    I reckon Heroic Ragnaros would be up the top of the list

King Vizier Ragnarosaron

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas, it was a good 30-40 minute fight with a lot of interesting mechanics and hard enough mechanics where if one person fucked up it was game over and there were no checkpoints in the fight so you had to restart 25 minutes in.

Quote Originally Posted by christehchris View Post
    Pre-nerf C'Thun?
    Stopping 40 peoples curiosity of peeping round the wall and insta killing everyone was harder than the actual fight

Deleted
    Pre Nerf Jin'rokh was a pain in the ass..

Yogg Saron, Alone in the Darkness would probably be my vote
    Last edited by Zallex; 2014-01-26 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odobisean View Post
    Kael'thas, it was a good 30-40 minute fight with a lot of interesting mechanics and hard enough mechanics where if one person fucked up it was game over and there were no checkpoints in the fight so you had to restart 25 minutes in.
    This, Plus he wasn't even killed until black temple came out, just imagine ToT not being cleared until SoG was out... sheesh

Anyone who lists a 40 man boss should be slapped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    This, Plus he wasn't even killed until black temple came out, just imagine ToT not being cleared until SoG was out... sheesh
    Wasnt BT out on launch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Wasnt BT out on launch?
    It came out in 2.1

Coordinating people on Lady Vashj in TBC was a nightmare. My GF's guild spent literal months perfecting that encounter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Wasnt BT out on launch?
    Nope, but the game at that point was more in the stage that everything was quite slow in progress (mostly by gating), that tiers could be released in a way that Blizzard just could throw it out there and say to the player just see how you get there.
    Also I wish people would stop saying 'pre-nerf C'Thun. It doesn't exist. The fight was bugged making it impossible to beat. It was not nerfed: it was FIXED. Big difference. And when it got FIXED kills came in very quickly.

That said, Lich King HC & Ragnoros HC probably rank quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by Odobisean View Post
    30-40 minutes fight.... either you are grossly exagerating or you are simply ignorant.

it was at MOST a 20 minutes fight if you include all the rp and whatnot

when i did it, it was still required for attunement so we werent overgearing it in any way either.

advisors would take about 30-45 seconds each, so lets say all 4 are dead 4 minutes into the fight considering the rp and positioning time, then you fight the weapons, and you have about 1 or 2 minute to kill them before the advisors respawn. so lets say 6 minutes in all 4 advisors respawn. lets say it takes 4 minutes to kill them all. so at 10 minutes in, u start fighting kaelthas..... you really think you are beating him up for 20-30 minutes?? not even close

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    wtf r u talking about?? killing kaelthas ( and vash) was a REQUIREMENT to even enter black temple, up until they removed the attunement many months later

Quote Originally Posted by Zallex View Post
    Yogg Saron, Alone in the Darkness would probably be my vote
    I'd have to agree with this one here. (Not counting pre-nerf C'thun)

Probably Yogg-0. World first took over 1000 attempts. LK 25HC was also a pretty hard fight.

Vaelstrasz. Talk about a cock-block.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMine View Post
    wtf r u talking about?? killing kaelthas ( and vash) was a REQUIREMENT to even enter black temple, up until they removed the attunement many months later
    Attunement doesn't have anything to do with the dates that they were released. Kael'thas was downed on May 25th, 2007 (source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ill-by-Nihilum) Black Temple was released with 2.1 on May 22nd, 2007 (source: http://wowpedia.org/Patch_2.1) Three days before Kael'thas was killed.

Rag hc; lk hc & yogg -0

Quote Originally Posted by Paneele View Post
    Attunement doesn't have anything to do with the dates that they were released. Kael'thas was downed on May 25th, 2007 (source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ill-by-Nihilum) Black Temple was released with 2.1 on May 22nd, 2007 (source: http://wowpedia.org/Patch_2.1) Three days before Kael'thas was killed.
    and when they released it not a single guild in the world could enter it, the comparison still makes no sense.