Frost mage vs KFC

After taking a break from wow I came back a few weeks ago and started running RMS for shits and giggles. We made it up to 1900 pretty easily but now mostly play against KFC every match or WMD and the warrior just trains me and of course I eventually die. I can hardly even cast the whole match even with my rogue trying to peel. I usually use ice ward and blazing speed against wars and still can't keep them off me. Obviously I'm not the best mage in the world the highest 3s I got was 2k but any help and tips is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockoma View Post
    After taking a break from wow I came back a few weeks ago and started running RMS for shits and giggles. We made it up to 1900 pretty easily but now mostly play against KFC every match or WMD and the warrior just trains me and of course I eventually die. I can hardly even cast the whole match even with my rogue trying to peel. I usually use ice ward and blazing speed against wars and still can't keep them off me. Obviously I'm not the best mage in the world the highest 3s I got was 2k but any help and tips is appreciated.
    Mages are casters? Didn't know that. I thought Shadow Priest was the only caster in the game.

OT: KFC is just to insanely op atm, nothing to do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Mages are casters? Didn't know that. I thought Shadow Priest was the only caster in the game.

OT: KFC is just to insanely op atm, nothing to do about it.
    Lol well polys and RoF

In my experience, this is one of those situations where you live and die by cross CC. The warrior will probably be running with intervene talent which means he will be able to get out of your root once every 30 seconds on his own. You also have to worry about the pet giving him freedom or the healer dispelling or giving freedom. So you have to do things like try to drag warrior out of LoS of either hunter or healer and have one of your teammates CC the other. You can also do things like counter the healer as you freeze warrior in place, etc.

Warrior/Hunter does a lot of damage even outside of major CDs so you can't just go hard peel mode during CDs and outlast. I think you can face cast poly in the warrior's face and let the rogue/healer CC the enemy healer to prevent dispel. If the warrior reflects, great! you either sit a poly and heal or he breaks it instantly and you recast. If he kicks poly, then you cast ring in his face. (he probably won't be running mass reflect) If the hunter kicks that then you might be in trouble, but I think most hunters use their silence on healers...

Someone that plays mage can elaborate more, but I think the general idea is that you won't be able to live on your own and the rogue peeling the warrior is not the way to go but rather have the rogue cross CC so you can let your peeling do it's thing. Also, your rogue may have to change his playstyle a bit, with nerve strike and mass restealths a rogue can decrease a lot of pressure, but they have to change their style from damage assist to help my mage do his thing assist and then only damage during bomb, etc.

watch some of the mage's that stream and you can see what I am talking about.

Deleted
    So I play 2v2 and Rated bgs and such, so not much exp in 3v3. But what the hell is KFC? (Do not say Kentucky Fried Chicken haha) I mean none of the classes even begin with any of the letters!!!! For example RMP (Rogue, Mage and Priest).
    Last edited by mmoc3728ee3fab; 2014-01-29 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown1 View Post
    So I play 2v2 and Rated bgs and such, so not much exp in 3v3. But what the hell is KFC? (Do not say Kentucky Fried Chicken haha) I mean none of the classes even begin with any of the letters!!!! They use to such as RMP (Rogue, Mage and Priest).
    Healer, Warrior, Hunter. It stands for Kung Fu Cleave. Have no idea why its even named that, because it doesn't make sense. Also, there was someone saying it meant "Knockdown Freezing Cyclone" back in the days.
    Also, a little fun fact: Before, when warriors could go Prot, they would call it ATC (African Turtle Cleave), which gives even less meaning.

Deleted
    spec pom so you can build icicles easier

Deleted
    ^ Not sure if serious or joking.

Anyway, I've noticed Venruki running with Ice Ward instead of RoF against KFC, try that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a starting out mage as well (1850 in 2s in shit gear, its nothing, but I'm planning on doing 3s as well, so yeah) and would like to know this.

What I believe is the right way to fight KFC as RMX is to just focus the hunter. I don't think the rogue should actively peel for you because you'll have no pressure going on at all. The rogue should only throw in a stun here and there when you need help. Besides that you'll have to CC the warrior as much as you can be it polymorph, hex, blind, deep into ring or whatever. I do believe you should be playing with Ring of Frost and PoM, but I myself wouldn't do that. I'd rather play blazing speed and RoF to get behind a pillar ASAP.

So yeah, keep pressure on hunter while CCing the warrior. Your rogue can't peel the 24/7 warrior because hunter will just solo you anyways.

I might be wrong on so many levels, and as I said I haven't played that many 3s games yet on my mage (only on my monk) so I wouldn't really know for sure.

only answer is out swiftythem.