Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when Snowmageddon in 2011 closed down everything except the Superbowl down here. Was hilarious to see multiple cities scrambling to salvage that major event. but it was 9 inches of snow on top of an inch of ice that refused to melt.

Deleted
    haha reminds me of the picture I saw yesterday on facebook:

someone said something along the lines of 'at least the walking dead had more brainssssss '

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    ...Southerners.
    I wonder how many people in this thread actually know what happened in many places in Georgia.
    There was an inch and a half sheet of solid ice over many roads. Most cities in Georgia don't have any kind of plows or salt trucks, there's nothing to do against an inch and a half thick SHEET OF ICE on a road except wait for it to melt.

Two inches of snow for Boston is normal, in Georgia it can create terrible circumstances including accidents everywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Nor should they close the schools. I dont see why these People cant even drive in little more than a coating of snow. Does everybody have bald tires in the south or something? Up north we routinely drive in 6 inches or more of snow with little more than a few fender benders, and life is pretty much normal
    "What's their problem? It's like they only get snow one day every 2 years or something!"

I know how to drive in the snow and ice, but people in the south get straight up retarded, and even safe driving can't save you from sliding without chains or snow tires. Businesses, companies, schools, etc. insist on opening days that we get snow, and then there are thousands of crashes and cars in ditches across the city. People can think it's stupid all the want, but keeping schools and stuff open only leads to disaster.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    I wonder how many people in this thread actually know what happened in many places in Georgia.
    There was an inch and a half sheet of solid ice over many roads.
    Came across this video today, illustrated the road conditions better than any picture I'd seen.

It's not Atlanta, but probably pretty similar.

I saw a ton of youtube videos showing people trying to burn the "snow" with interesting results. People are theorizing geo-engineering played a part in it.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not Atlanta but for Charleston SC the main bridge had been shut down due to the ice, however, once the reopened it they had to close again within just a few hours due to melting ice....

figure i should point that those are about 5ft are so from bottom to top.... the largest was 10 i think
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by plat0nic View Post
    I saw a ton of youtube videos showing people trying to burn the "snow" with interesting results. People are theorizing geo-engineering played a part in it.
    Those are all troll videos.

The road conditions are perfectly fine if you have correct tyres on your car. Snowtyres with spikes are the only thing that works on those days. Doesnt you americans have mandatory training on icy roads? I must admit that up here in Norway those images Ive seen in this thread are considered perfect driving conditions. Sure the traffic are bad here the 1st day of snow in October, but at November too March people are driving like there is nothing too it on far worse conditions than these in the images presented in this thread.
    Last edited by Redasurc; 2014-02-02 at 09:22 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Okay, as a Canadian, and someone who spends a good majority of time at ski mountains and up north in the snow I'm going to give a few tips.
    1: when it snows, slow down some when driving.

2: all season tires are good enough for many Canadians, they're going to be good enough for you too.

3: 4 wheel drive does not = better breaks, be aware or eat ditch

4: If you have a 4x4 with lockers, the lockers are NOT good to use in snow and in fact, snow and ice (and turning corners) is why a limited slip differential were invented and are equipped on damn near every car made since....well a really long time.

5: if you get stuck, you can 'rock' the car using throttle until you get momentum to break free. If that fails, stick some stuff under the tires.

6: remember to slow down a bit, unless you're in a hurry to die. Not sure why but the wingnuts always drive fast and panic-like in snow, especially when they aren't used to it.
    7:I'll say it again. Slow down a bit.

Seriously, the bottom line to surviving driving in 2 inches of snow, is just to have all season tires and to slow the fuck down some.
    It's not rocket science, Canadians manage, so you learn too okay? Or, accept that it's just one more thing we can do better than you
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staal View Post
    The road conditions are perfectly fine if you have correct tyres on your car. Snowtyres with spikes are the only thing that works on those days. Doesnt you americans have mandatory training on icy roads?
    Why would people who live in an area that is essentially tropical need training for icy roads.... the coldest it normally gets down here is above freezing the chance of getting rain and below freezing temperatures is very low to the point that it happens maybe once every 2 years in the south. In the north there may be such training but idk
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by staal View Post
    The road conditions are perfectly fine if you have correct tyres on your car. Snowtyres with spikes are the only thing that works on those days. Doesnt you americans have mandatory training on icy roads? I must admit that up here in Norway those images Ive seen in this thread are considered perfect driving conditions. Sure the traffic are bad here the 1st day of snow in October, but at November too March people are driving like there is nothing too it on far worse conditions than these in the images presented in this thread.
    Atlanta is sub-tropic or nearly sub-tropic as far as climate is concerned. Additionally, I have no clue what a tyre is, I'm going to have to assume it is tire and winter tires are more expensive than general use. There is no reason a person who lives in Atlanta would feel a reasonable need to get winter tires.

Maybe the snow will lower the crime rate for a few days.