Challenge Mode Raids or Timed Chests in future raids

It's been a discussion we had with guildees the other night when we were doing challenge mode dungeons, we were wondering why Blizzard didn't introduce challenge mode raids yet.

Would you like it if Blizzard reintroduced the timed chest into instances like we had in Zul'aman? That if you finish the instance in time you get a mount. Getting the mount in Zul'aman when beating the 4 timers was pretty fun (talking about the raid, not the 5 man obviously, even if it was similar).

So if you put this concept into Siege of Orgrimmar, at every "wing" you'd have a gong to start the timer, you'd have 30 minutes to clear a wing, any time left is added to the next wing. At Sha of Pride / Nazgrim / Thok and Garrosh you'd have a chest containing warforged items, and if you did the whole 4 in time you'd get the mount at the end.

You could also add the notion of gold/silver/bronze by giving more or less loot in that chest, or having the loot already upgraded if gold, 1/2 for silver and 0/2 if bronze. Could also have garanteed drops of pets on gold.. idk

Of course this would nerf itself with gear over time, but would give an incentive for people to revisit that tier once it's not current.

Big perk is that it gives an incentive to clear the damned trash faster and not have people go AFK on it and take breaks only when a wing is done.

I don't know, seemed to me like those extra perks were interesting, plus you could have leader boards of guilds clearing the wings faster for each difficulty with this, which would add some spice in the ranking game.

What do you guys think?

Only way I'd really want to see them introducing timed runs is if its alongside downtuning to gear/level caps for old content.

Preferably as a optional mode.

30min per wing is rly fkn fast... or what difficulty are we talking here?

Challenge mode raids will likely never happen because the audience is way too small.

You need too many people to do them so coordinating the group would be a nightmare.

Timed chest runs or the like are something blizzard is likely going to shy away from because of their more recent philosophy of "people should play at their own pace", so that sort of thing will end up in scenarios more and raids less.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

How about, instead of timed runs, we re-introduce Heroic Mode attempts. Want the super duper chest? Clear it without wiping. Want the semi-super duper chest? Wipe less than 10 times or whatever is fitting. Personally, I find it better than timed modes which just rewards your ability to chain pull.

Edit : Once that content becomes outdated (new patch), the chest disappears. So that means everybody that's in the raid should be given the loot.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2014-01-29 at 10:55 PM.

They've said they're thinking about it.

Personally I don't really like the idea of timed runs in raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    How about, instead of timed runs, we re-introduce Heroic Mode attempts. Want the super duper chest? Clear it without wiping. Want the semi-super duper chest? Wipe less than 10 times or whatever is fitting. Personally, I find it better than timed modes which just rewards your ability to chain pull.

Edit : Once that content becomes outdated (new patch), the chest disappears. So that means everybody that's in the raid should be given the loot.
    I don't mind this although there's also Undying/Immortal style achievements that do the same kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No thanks. Systems like this put too much blame on 1 player, if they fuck up Malice its not just a pull wasted, it's the bonus loot/mount/whatever. It creates a bad atmosphere in my experience.

It's also really fucking annoying when someone DC's and you miss your bonus loot. Timed is a bit more forgiving, so I could see that. Maybe without loot as a reward even, just a leaderboard or something? Could see it as a way to both cut down farm time and compete.

No. Just no.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

I like this but just make it vanity rewards. This is also a far cry from immortal/undying RNG madness because 1 death isn't always a wipe.

I feel if we have more timed modes there should be a requirement to kill (nearly) all trash. Invis pots skipping 1/4 of instances is just sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The trial of the crusader chest if nobody died at the end was pretty fun, but it put a pretty bad pressure on the person that caused that... or Immortal runs for the same reason. But having access to special loot via a different way is always welcomed.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch