Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Blizz redesigning how many (i don't remember) mage talents ?

    Don't need more proof that mages are f*cked up.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    Blizz redesigning how many (i don't remember) mage talents ?

    Don't need more proof that mages are f*cked up.

    Yeah, especially the bomb tier and the lvl 90 tier. We get a whole talent tier to choose between 'st bomb, cleave bomb and aoe + snare bomb' and our level cap ultimate talents are... stand in this circle to do more damage/regen mana, spam evocation every minute to do more damage/regen mana and put up a barrier to do more damage/regen mana. Might have worked better as a different tier but while the concept of the rune was cool to me at first to novelty quickly wore off.
    "If you have to believe it on faith, you have no reason to believe it at all.” Aron Ra

  3. #103
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Or we can just light up our torches, pick up our pitchforks and this time scream "Akraen! Akraen!" instead of "Lhivera! Lhivera!" like last time. The similarities are plenty - Lhivera plays Frost, Akraen plays Frost. Lhivera is active on forums, so is Akraen. Lhivera told us to trust him, Akraen wants us to trust him too.

    Too many coincidences. I don't think you should be in charge of leading mages for WoD because all you'll do is beg for water elemental cosmetic updates and tell everyone that Arcane is fine because you're jealous.

    There I think I covered everything

    Edit: sorry to the people who weren't here so they don't know these let's say jokes I'm of course not insulting anyone, just remembering some fun times.
    Inb4commentaboutdinosaur?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    Blizz redesigning how many (i don't remember) mage talents ?

    Don't need more proof that mages are f*cked up.
    - 12 brand new talents (Talents for multi-spec = 3 btw); about 7 are our new L100 tier
    - 3 old/existing spells are becoming talents
    - 4 live talents are being changed majorly
    - Bomb Tier consolidated to one, multi-spec, talent
    - 2 of the 3 L90 talents are deleted. A "good part" of the remaining one survived

    So do the math. If you count the new tier as "Empty" right now, then ~over half of our talents' slots are being replaced. However, we don't know if other classes are getting that much treatment to their talents (then again, most of them don't need an overhaul)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    but while the concept of the rune was cool to me at first to novelty quickly wore off.
    The novelty of the L90 tier is that it wasn't the beta Polymorph-enhancer tier and it wasn't the choice between Slow, Dragon's Breath, and Blast Wave (though it would have been better if it was). You finally hit 90, cast Evo w/o a cooldown or Rune once and go "... Oh. I have to do this every single minute/every single time before I fight something out in the world now, don't I?".

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    FFXIV Stuff: i95 WHM/i92 SCH/i84 WAR/i83 BRD; T1-4, Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Xs

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Or we can just light up our torches, pick up our pitchforks and this time scream "Akraen! Akraen!" instead of "[Redacted]! [Redacted]"
    You know the rules....

    But all in all I feel we have a stronger more knowledgeable community going into this beta than the last one, Cata drove a lot of the TC mage community away and it really showed when we were largely untested coming out of the beta. Things will be different this time for sure.

    @polar as for those "hefty tweaks" for arcane, were halfway to being ok shhh don't tell them to change anything.

  5. #105
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,386
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    You know the rules....
    Infract him! INFRACT HIM! XD

    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    But all in all I feel we have a stronger more knowledgeable community going into this beta than the last one, Cata drove a lot of the TC mage community away and it really showed when we were largely untested coming out of the beta. Things will be different this time for sure.
    Assuming we're on point with spotting the bullshit, AND they're willing to change it, sure. I'm just not going to go in with blind optimism, like I did going into MoP from Cata, and look where it got us.

    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    @polar as for those "hefty tweaks" for arcane, were halfway to being ok shhh don't tell them to change anything.
    Y'know, I'm starting to think we don't see as eye-to-eye as we both seem we do.
    TBH I liked Cata's design more than MoP, but it was still a pile of crap in Cata as well, kinda like having a pile of crap vs a pile of crap with some sprinkles on it. It's still crap, but at least it looks slightly nicer.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    FFXIV Stuff: i95 WHM/i92 SCH/i84 WAR/i83 BRD; T1-4, Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Xs

  6. #106
    Warchief Akraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    2,058
    I like Lhivera.

    I'll say Lhivera a thousand times!

  7. #107
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I like Lhivera.

    I'll say Lhivera a thousand times!
    I, and everyone else would rather you didn't.

    Not because we all hate him or anything, just that it starts things.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    FFXIV Stuff: i95 WHM/i92 SCH/i84 WAR/i83 BRD; T1-4, Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Xs

  8. #108
    Warchief Akraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    2,058
    I want to dig zomgdps out of his cave though. I love his posts. What better way to bait him into making a big glorious post than saying the L-name 3 times?

    Lhivera, Lhivera, Lhivera.

    I love zomgdps because he makes me look normal.

  9. #109
    The Patient Tuzantar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    218
    Mags aren't underperforming at all.
    Arcane is extremely potent for hc raiding (if your raid takes your rune into consideration).
    Sure, MoP has been an overall Warlock expansion - but Mages have never been stronger in MoP than they are right now.
    And Mages perform better than almost every other class apart from warlocks.
    If you're out dps'd by a shadowpriest then lol. Thats on you.
    For reference check Blatty (Method). Very competetive and above most warlocks for a lot of the fights in SoO.

  10. #110
    You really shouldn't use Blatty as a standard. He is one of the absolute best Mages in the world. He has been consistently so. And he was one of the best Warlocks in the world when he was playing it.

    That said... yes, Warlocks have been better than Mages for most of this expansion. Most of that was due to their utility. And the fact they were generally higher DPS during progression. Mages have actually been top DPS ONCE GEARED each tier. T14 Arcane w/ Scorch spam was RIDICULOUS damage. Fire mages w/ Combustion in T15 CRUSHED Warlocks on most fights once in full Heroic (if they had never nerfed Combustion raid composition in T16 would have been a game of "can we take 15 mages and still get enough total gear to progress?". Fire and Arcane in near-BIS are fully capable of outperforming any Warlock spec on a good number of fights.

    Warlocks just generally have much better QOL while raiding (in terms of movement and damage taken). Both classes, on the whole, are and have been on top of damage the entire expansion.

    Mages are certainly not "underperforming" Warlocks. The only way that is even conceivable is if you think anything less than absolute top damage in every situation in every time frame is your "birthright" as a class.

  11. #111
    We're underperforming exactly as how you put it. Even if you claim our damage is equal if not sometimes better, the fact is in all other aspects aside from damage they are better than us and that is why raid leaders will always consider a warlock over a mage.

  12. #112
    Mages will never be without raid spots. They are better, on the whole, than every other class BUT Warlocks.

    And Warlocks are OP. Guess what? You are also OP.

    Your attitude is hilarious.

    "We are not the absolute best at everything at all times, so there is a problem."

    Spoiled much?

    If you are ever turned down as a Mage for a raid slot it is because you are lacking in ability at your class. Not because of your class.

  13. #113
    Warchief Akraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    You really shouldn't use Blatty as a standard. He is one of the absolute best Mages in the world. He has been consistently so. And he was one of the best Warlocks in the world when he was playing it.

    That said... yes, Warlocks have been better than Mages for most of this expansion. Most of that was due to their utility. And the fact they were generally higher DPS during progression. Mages have actually been top DPS ONCE GEARED each tier. T14 Arcane w/ Scorch spam was RIDICULOUS damage. Fire mages w/ Combustion in T15 CRUSHED Warlocks on most fights once in full Heroic (if they had never nerfed Combustion raid composition in T16 would have been a game of "can we take 15 mages and still get enough total gear to progress?". Fire and Arcane in near-BIS are fully capable of outperforming any Warlock spec on a good number of fights.

    Warlocks just generally have much better QOL while raiding (in terms of movement and damage taken). Both classes, on the whole, are and have been on top of damage the entire expansion.

    Mages are certainly not "underperforming" Warlocks. The only way that is even conceivable is if you think anything less than absolute top damage in every situation in every time frame is your "birthright" as a class.
    He uses cauterize this long after SoO has been released, therefore I do *not* consider him one of the best mages in the world.

  14. #114
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,386
    Ugh, someone HAD to revive this after being dead for a week... Can we give it a rest with this thread, guys? What more needs to be said in this thread specifically???

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    FFXIV Stuff: i95 WHM/i92 SCH/i84 WAR/i83 BRD; T1-4, Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Xs

  15. #115
    Moderator Shangalar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Posts
    1,911
    Ok I'm locking this after several reports in the last few hours. Peace out and be kind to each other.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •