RoS leveling strategies.

From what I tested on the PTR it is looking to be 100% viable to stay in Act I and never finish the final act boss until level 70 so that I am guaranteed a a level 70 legendary for each final ACT boss I fight. Now I would like to know if this is still viable and of any other strategies people may have for leveling when to patch goes live/expansion is released.

All mobs level with you now, so it doesn't really matter where you go to level unless there's some difference in monster density.

10+ Year Old Account
    Err, IIRC the "Guarenteed Legendary"
    a) Isn't a guarentee, it's a boost yes, but not 100%, on PTR I've cleared a few act bosses for the first time and not had a leg.
    b) Ends at 69. At level 70 killing an act boss, even for the first time, is business as usual. They did this to prevent EXACTLY what you had planned from being a viable tactics.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Err, IIRC the "Guarenteed Legendary"
    a) Isn't a guarentee, it's a boost yes, but not 100%, on PTR I've cleared a few act bosses for the first time and not had a leg.
    b) Ends at 69. At level 70 killing an act boss, even for the first time, is business as usual. They did this to prevent EXACTLY what you had planned from being a viable tactics.
    Integrating this post:
    a) it's a guaranteed legendary, but only from end-act bosses + rakanoth (so 5 legs in total)
    b) also ends at 59 if you have not the expansion - basically once you hit the level cap.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Cool so when I am leveling my Crusader I should be ok?

Deleted
    I level mine in adventure mode
    As far as i know that legendary kill is only for doing campaign and completing bountyes connected with end bosses isnt a problem

Doesnt work. Its not guaranteed drop when you are top lvl. I did this on ptr. Grinded to lvl 60 without doing a single end act boss. When i was lvl 60 and killed all bosses. Not a single legendary. As stated. Its a countermeasure to what you are planning.

You could just have boosted endless chars to top lvl and farm legendaries that way. I got boosted to lvl 50 in less than 30 min on ptr

First I'm going to speed through Act 5 to unlock adventure mode. Then I will do hard or expert difficulty bounties until cap - depending on which I can handle efficiently.

I'll save my rift keys for level 70.
    Last edited by wolfpaq777; 2014-01-31 at 07:44 PM.

Imho best way is to pay at hard or better expert to get nearest to level cap in a single campaign run.

About rift keys: they're going to make tiered ones, so every difficulty has different keys and access to different rewards (read: best rift runs are entirely farmed at higher difficulties).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.