Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    On my tank as well as my healers I just continue questing until it first pops up, then I switch. If the queue fails, I continue questing in tank/heal spec. For tank it's not that bad since I can pull a ton and aoe. And for heals I'd rather be at full mana (or close) when I zone in, in case I'm in a "GOOOOO" group. And with both, queue times are low enough it's never long that I have to quest in tank/heal spec.

As far as thread topic, something smells fishy to me.
    That fishy smell is probably your boyfriends vagina

Was only trying to be funny with that. No insult intended!

Infracted; Post constructively.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-01-30 at 01:20 PM.

It's 45 seconds or so. And you might be in a situation where you can't change specs until it runs out, like fighting lots of mobs, having been killed in PvP and running for corpse, flying in one of those stupid quests that won't let you enter the dungeon while doing them etc. People who can't wait for 10 seconds to change spec are fucking retarded and totally fucked up in their brains and there's no doubt about that. They are also incredibly stupid, because kicking the tank for waiting 10 seconds will make you wait much more for another one...

If you got kicked for taking too long to spec change, be grateful, it would have just gotten worse form there.

WHY ARE WE STILL IN THE DUNGEON?!?! WE'VE BEEN HERE 2 MINUTES ALREADY, YOU"RE GOING TOO SLOW!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Pro tip: Don't click "Enter Dungeon" for the ready check if you aren't ready to enter. You have like a minute before it times out, switch specs before you click the button. That's what I do.
    Sometimes you don't have that time. If the queue pops up and you're in combat, it can take some time to get out of combat and you might not have time to switch specs before the queue disappears.

Either way, I maintain that if the group cannot wait 30 seconds for you to change specs and get ready to go, then it's not a group worth running with and you're better off without them. The only issue is the deserter debuff, which sucks, but is still probably better than dealing with such idiocy.

Welcome to wow may I take your order?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    ^This. Also when you get the invite, you have 40seconds to specc to tank.
    I hate people who join the dungeon, write down they need to changing specc (takes 30sec), changing the specc & regging (takes another 60s).
    And of course you don't have a minute to wait for another player, right?

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I certiantly didn't leave, I ran over to the weapons you need to grab for a quest. then bam I was back in NR
    So you weren't switching specs, you were grabbing shit for a quest.

And what dungeon was this exactly? Utgarde Keep? It's the only dungeon I can think of off the top of my head with a quest to grab "weapons". I don't believe there are any weapons you can grab before having to kill anything. If that is true, it meant you ran up there and attacked shit in DPS spec without changing specs. So yeah, if a tank came in as dps, and ran up and started attacking crap as dps, i'd kick their dumbass out as well.

Changing specs takes 10 seconds. If you do it as soon as you zone in I can't imagine even the biggest, stinkiest of assholes would kick you. But if you come in, forget what spec you're in, lolligag around for a while, waste people's time, then yeah, you should be kicked.

As a side note, players should not go into dungeons and then go AFK. I will kick their asses out immediately every single time. If you have shit you need to do, GO DO IT. Don't queue up for a dungeon and then decide to get around to it after the queue pops. You can do that crap before or after a dungeon, but if you do it during, you are wasting everyone else's time and yeah, you deserve a good swift kick. And if it some "emergency" that just occured and requires your immediate attention, you should leave the group and go deal with it. Not sit there for 10 minutes afk (longer than virtually all dungeons take to complete) while you're off doing what needs to be done.

You may call people assholes for kicking you from a dungeon, but if the majority of the group desire you to be gone, you should be gone with no exceptions. There are a huge variety of reasons to kick someone from a group ranging from attitude to performance to afks to need rolling on shit you don't need. But there has to be a majority vote to get you thrown out so you obviously pissed off enough people to warrant a kick.

If anything the kick system needs to favor kickers more than the kickees like it does right now. You have to wait to kick someone for an amount of time longer than the entire dungeon would take to complete, it's ridiculous.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Pro tip: Don't click "Enter Dungeon" for the ready check if you aren't ready to enter. You have like a minute before it times out, switch specs before you click the button. That's what I do.
    Then someone declines it so now you are questing in holy gear. You switch back to ret and the queue pops again so you respec to holy and someone declines it so you respec back to ret.....

Pro tip indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxiel View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't get deserter if you get kicked.
    Yeah, that's what I thought, too. But apparently they changed that.
    I got into a sunken temple group, and the four other players played together. They wanted to directly queue for BRD, because they said they had sunken temple 5 times in a row. I said great, I had brd five times in a row and don't want to go there. Then I ported out of the instance and asked them to kick me. It took 60s until they were able to, and I got the deserter debuff.

I seriously doubt you can kick someone within the first seconds of the dungeon, and how long does respeccing take? 5s? I assume your client took too long to load the instance (because maybe you've never been there, happened to me for magister's terrace) that you appeared offline. Then you can instantly vote for kick, and it passed as soon as you were back.

Or, and this might be even more probable - you decided to go to the bathroom, visited on the way back the kitchen and looked up your cell.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    iirc it is based off how frequently you vote to kick - ie, if you never votekick, you can kick earlier than the guy who either starts votekicks or clicks yes every time the vote pops up - I don't believe there is any hard minimum, just that most people have a small timer because of that mechanic.

Keep in mind, only the person initiating the vote has to be able to start the vote, but your timer goes up every time you vote to kick, even if you just agreed.
    Honestly I don't know how the mechanics work but I haven't been able since quite a long time to initiate a vote kick against someone at the beginning of a dungeon even on an essentially fresh account unless the person was outside the dungeon. Maybe it is just that kick protection that sets in if you have been kicked to often.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2014-01-30 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Then someone declines it so now you are questing in holy gear. You switch back to ret and the queue pops again so you respec to holy and someone declines it so you respec back to ret.....

Pro tip indeed.
    For a healer yes. Tank? You should be questing as a tank anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    some "holier than thou" DPSer usually tanks it instead.
    Ya but I wouldn't take the time to kick the tank. I want to share the wealth of a really quick run.

^ intended as a joke, if I'm going to speed run a dungeon, the last thing I'm going to think about is kicking a slow tank. Not to mention, at my gear level I'd never kick anyone as there is no chance of wiping.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-01-30 at 03:09 PM.

As with all 'I got kicked for nothing!' threads, I would bet an arm and a leg there is a lot more to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    So you weren't switching specs, you were grabbing shit for a quest.

And what dungeon was this exactly? Utgarde Keep? It's the only dungeon I can think of off the top of my head with a quest to grab "weapons". I don't believe there are any weapons you can grab before having to kill anything. If that is true, it meant you ran up there and attacked shit in DPS spec without changing specs. So yeah, if a tank came in as dps, and ran up and started attacking crap as dps, i'd kick their dumbass out as well.
    This sounds most likely.

As people have said, no-one in their right mind would randomly kick a tank at the start of a dungeon to save the 10 seconds to respec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Pro tip indeed.
    Or you stay as holy because you know you are at the front of the queue and it will pop again soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    As with all 'I got kicked for nothing!' threads, I would bet an arm and a leg there is a lot more to this.
    Sometimes there isn't. I was kicked from a dungeon just the other day for simply being a BE Hunter. Gave me the deserter debuff too.

The instant gratification crowd is really poisoning the community these days. Consider that I was playing my hunter that night because I was tired of the BS that is LFR tanking (which is starting to leak into LFD tanking as well) and it paints an even clearer picture of how far south things have gone.

Deleted
    Or you stay as holy because you know you are at the front of the queue and it will pop again soon?
    Or you respec inside the dungeon and reasonably assume that the people who will be joining you are not total dickwads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    Or you respec inside the dungeon and reasonably assume that the people who will be joining you are not total dickwads.
    Why would you ever assume that?

It takes 5-10 seconds to change specs.

There's more to this story.