Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Purple, the color of wiping (Malkorok)

Hello there,

We have a mage in our group which is colorblind to the color purple, she just can't see it? And due to this she has massive issues with Malkorok. We tried to keep her to find the pools by just the general form of how they look but she still needs a couple extra seconds to regonize them, and doesn't manage to get there in time. It's not always possible to not let her NOT do the pools.

So basically we're looking for something that can change her settings on her game, so that purple is mainly out of the question. I couldn't really find anything on here. Gamma/contrast etc. just doesnt help a lot. Colorblind mode isn't really the way to go cause she can see everything else fine. And since she isn't amazing with computers I have to set it up.

Does anyone have ideas? Any suggestions are welcome thanks!

We are really really excited about where this expansion goes and we wanted to tell you that so you understand that this expansion is not a joke. - MMO-Champion

Deleted
    Easier thing to do, keep her out of the soaking duty, a rogue with Burst of Speed, a monk or a druid can easily cover 2 spots. Problem solved.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there a colour blind option in the graphics settings which can help with this?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Perhaps you could try different kinds of colorblind modes?

/console colorblindshader X
    Replace X with a number, as follows:

0 - Disabled (Default)
    1 - Protanopia
    2 - Protanomaly
    3 - Deuteranopia
    4 - Deuteranomaly
    5 - Tritanopia
    6 - Tritanomaly
    7 - Achromatopsia
    8 - Achromatomaly

Quote Originally Posted by Zyroci View Post
    Hello there,

We have a mage in our group which is colorblind to the color purple, she just can't see it? And due to this she has massive issues with Malkorok. We tried to keep her to find the pools by just the general form of how they look but she still needs a couple extra seconds to regonize them, and doesn't manage to get there in time. It's not always possible to not let her NOT do the pools.

So basically we're looking for something that can change her settings on her game, so that purple is mainly out of the question. I couldn't really find anything on here. Gamma/contrast etc. just doesnt help a lot. Colorblind mode isn't really the way to go cause she can see everything else fine. And since she isn't amazing with computers I have to set it up.

Does anyone have ideas? Any suggestions are welcome thanks!

I'm severely colorblind (99th percentile), and I have no issue telling the difference between swirling purple puddles and the rest of the floor. Tell your mage to stop making excuses and turn projected textures on.

If she really uses an excuse that she is colour blind to purple, she is lying. Differentiating different shades of the said colour might be an issue but definitely not seeing significantly different textures.

You can tell her to use the commands Donnis linked but that does nothing more but remove her already bad excuse. In my opinion though, just tell her that mistakes happen but people really need to admit them. Or get a new player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the number of fights in SoO that have some form of swirly purple crap on the floor you have to avoid, this can't be the first time it has been an issue. How did she deal with things like Self Reflection on Sha? She's gonna love the corrupted weapons on Garrosh . . . . .
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

By your description this might help here.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnis View Post
    5 - Tritanopia
    Tritanopia (less than 1% of males and females): Lacking the short-wavelength cones, those affected see short-wavelength colors (blue, indigo and a spectral violet) greenish and drastically dimmed, some of these colors even as black. Yellow is indistinguishable from pink, and purple colors are perceived as various shades of red.

Here is a image on how that shader looks ingame:
    i.imgur.com/DoHKf.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zigna View Post
    Here is a image on how that shader looks ingame:
    i.imgur.com/DoHKf.jpg
    It's funny, looks like that shader is just what we need for more real nights in wow.

Deleted
    That shader... Do they see it the same way as people who aren't color blind see it?

Deleted
    So this girl you are talking about have managed to survaive Sha of Pride(seflreflecion) and Dark Shamans(swirling mists), but she cant deal with Malkorok's enourmous cloud of death?!? There is something fishy around here or my name is Archibad... it is NOT! :P

Easyest solution - put her in melle so other ranged and healers dont get confused that she might try to soak the puddle. In 10 man there is only 3 puddlesor was it 2?!? 1 for melle and 2 for ranged?!? anyway... so don't tell me you dont have atleast 2 healers and one more ranged that can do the job. And also melles can help too - warriors/rouges/monks they all have the tool to reach the puddle before it explode and come back on boss with same speed

Sorry, but if you know that your group have a problematic member you just have to adjust. Its not all about tunneling the boss and wait for the rest of your group to get the job done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    So this girl you are talking about have managed to survaive Sha of Pride(seflreflecion) and Dark Shamans(swirling mists), but she cant deal with Malkorok's enourmous cloud of death?!? There is something fishy around here or my name is Archibad... it is NOT! :P

Easyest solution - put her in melle so other ranged and healers dont get confused that she might try to soak the puddle. In 10 man there is only 3 puddlesor was it 2?!? 1 for melle and 2 for ranged?!? anyway... so don't tell me you dont have atleast 2 healers and one more ranged that can do the job. And also melles can help too - warriors/rouges/monks they all have the tool to reach the puddle before it explode and come back on boss with same speed

Sorry, but if you know that your group have a problematic member you just have to adjust. Its not all about tunneling the boss and wait for the rest of your group to get the job done
    You can avoid Self-Reflection even if your eyes are closed. Toxic Storm might be easier to notice. Don't assume everyone is a liar.

10+ Year Old Account
    With that we just had our raidleader calling out to move, not really an issue as long as we gave her a personal spot, however pools are rather random

We are really really excited about where this expansion goes and we wanted to tell you that so you understand that this expansion is not a joke. - MMO-Champion

Colorblind =/= can't see objects in that color. Your mage is just making excuses, and as a woman probably isn't actually colorblind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    That shader... Do they see it the same way as people who aren't color blind see it?
    I believe so... I think the shaders are technically internal test remnants that players can access, like the script to make the camera zoom halfway to Outland. They probably use them so that they can make sure textures and spell effects can be seen by virtually all people.
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2014-02-06 at 07:14 PM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Colorblind =/= can't see objects in that color. Your mage is just making excuses, and as a woman probably isn't actually colorblind at all.
    lmao this. probably just being bad and making up excuses.

Colorblindness doesn't work in such a way that you can't see big circular swirly puddles.

This sounds like an excuse as our Mage is colorblind as well can't see the purple but he has never missed the pool because to him it's just a swirling vortex. But as posted above she can change the settings for the color blind mode so you'll see if it's truly an excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post

I believe so... I think the shaders are technically internal test remnants that players can access, like the script to make the camera zoom halfway to Outland. They probably use them so that they can make sure textures and spell effects can be seen by virtually all people.
    You need to check your reading comprehension, the OP never said that the person in question couldn't see the swirlies period, just that it takes her a couple extra seconds to react. This is understandable if a bit problematic in a raiding environment.

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    You need to check your reading comprehension, the OP never said that the person in question couldn't see the swirlies period, just that it takes her a couple extra seconds to react. This is understandable if a bit problematic in a raiding environment.
    My reading comprehension is exemplary.

"...she just can't see it?" OP is asking if she simply can't see purple. The object still exists and will simply be a different color to her. The first time I can understand because people say purple and she doesn't see it as purple, so maybe she doesn't know what to look for. Every other time after that is excuses. If it takes her several seconds every time, then either she's not paying attention or her reflexes are horrible. Neither of which has to do with color-blindness.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Right edit to clear things up:
    She has issues seeing the color purple, our language barrier keeps us from going into massive discussions, as a person who can see every color I just cant understand what its like. Apparently she got special 'purple specs' which helps her see the colors. Yes she does see the vortex animation, with everything about it. Its just since she has issues with seeing the contrast between the floor and that color, that she has to spot if the floor is going all swirly or being a normal floor.

We will probably try to keep her in the melee group tho, and try the settings. See how that goes, (we got like 1 melee dps so should be fine.) and see how that goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donnis View Post
    Perhaps you could try different kinds of colorblind modes?

0 - Disabled (Default)
    1 - Protanopia
    2 - Protanomaly
    3 - Deuteranopia
    4 - Deuteranomaly
    5 - Tritanopia
    6 - Tritanomaly
    7 - Achromatopsia
    8 - Achromatomaly
    Awesome! This really should fix alot !

Also, now the whole raid is playing with different colors :P Not what was suppose to happen but atleast people still having a laugh xD
    Last edited by Zyroci; 2014-02-07 at 01:32 AM.