Poll: Have you played a MOBA seriously?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I thought the dota2 ones were quite good.
    Really? I thought it was an okay start point, but if you played anything but bot games for a while, you were going to get trashed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    Really? I thought it was an okay start point, but if you played anything but bot games for a while, you were going to get trashed.
    That's true, and I agree, but I don't think that's a weakness of the tutorial so much as of the genre. It's just the kind of thing that really takes a lot of games to begin to make judgement calls and smart decisions. I don't think anything but a lot of games can really give you that, no matter how good the tutorial is.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing DotA since early 2007 and I'm pretty sure that will give me a bit of an edge over other people who have never touched this type of game.
    I'm not playing this game very much though, only to try it out with friends since it was a huuuuge let down when I tried it myself at BlizzCon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played Dota, Dota 2 and LoL, but right now i just play LoL because all my friends play it and is easier to play than Dota 2

I played like 4-5 games in dota2 and got to level 20 something in league. I'm interested in this game for the ability to use warcraft heroes like Sylvanas and because of mounts. The best thing is that I'll be able to talk with my wow friends while I play this moba.
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess in addition to the poll, do you guys think the HoTS will really change the genre? Or just be a gimmick?
    I really hope it will change that part where you have K/D/A instead of D/A. It will make games much more teamfight oriented and rambo-punishing

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played several thousand games on league, so yes I have played a MOBA seriously.

HOTS looks fun, but it's really hard to say until we get a beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played a MOBA before but have my eye on Heroes. Why? Because Blizzard.

Never played an MMO before. Have been playing WoW off and on since 2006. Hooked!

Never played a TCG before. Hearthstone is the only thing I've played in the past two months. Hooked!

15+ Year Old Account
    I played one of them, but nothing for that long. I have downloaded LOL and Dota, but really have not had a chance to play it. But if hots comes out I will play it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    being a heavy MOBA player with so much hours in LoL you don't even want to know and about 200-300 games of Dota2 (and having dabbled in HoN, but quit after like 20 games cause I hated it's asthetic), I can definately say I will try it out, I highly doubt it will replace my current love for LoL and the occasional game of Dota, but I will play it casually from time to time i'd say.

Pretty excited, not very.

People all have different reasons that they want to play Heroes. Some people want to play it not because it's a MOBA but because it has iconic heroes. Who would not want to play as Thrall or Tyrael?

Only played a bit of LoL, i kinda liked it the idea of MOBA games but i couldn't keep playing. I didn't gave a damn about the heroes "lore" and the gameplay felt bad compared to SC2. HotS may do it for me because all the heroes are known to me and i like theme. Also, SC2 engine, so awesome game play guaranteed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Played DotA for a few weeks and LoL for about 2 months. Both games left me completely disappointed and bored. I hated the fact that you have to learn all the items in these games in order to play them well, and the gameplay is very monotonous since you effectively have a single map with a single goal you play every time. I can't stand repetitiveness, I didn't even manage to stay on Starcraft 2 ladder and switched to a number of custom maps there.
    I liked the very gameplay: managing a single hero, without paying attention to any "micro" or "macro" as in RTS and without requirement to play every day for 5 hours in order to keep your mouse precision as in FPS. But the repetitiveness of games was too much for me to handle.

HotS, however, seems appealing to me for a few reasons. First, it doesn't have a complex item system, so all you really have to learn in order to know all the "rules" is heroes' abilities. Second, it is to have different maps with different goals, much like custom maps in Starcraft 2, which I will be able to rotate to not get bored. Finally, it is Blizzard itself! Blizzard is a parent of DotA which was made in Warcraft 3 editor and has a "birthright" to the whole MOBA genre, so we can be pretty darn sure that it knows how to make MOBA games.

Also, I really hope this game will be mainly played by casual gamers. I hated so much that elitist attitude in the original DotA. "This retard has died on the middle lane on the 6th minute! -votekick May90". Hopefully here people will be more relaxed and willing to help.
    Last edited by May90; 2014-02-15 at 07:31 PM.

Deleted
    I have played some LoL and lots of Dota 2 in waves, cause i tend to get bored since it always the same map. And from what i have seen HotS will have different maps with objectives and such, which look really promising!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loribo View Post
    I have played some LoL and lots of Dota 2 in waves, cause i tend to get bored since it always the same map. And from what i have seen HotS will have different maps with objectives and such, which look really promising!
    Yeah, these's why i think HoS a lot of potential, cause even if the gameplay is not good, if the map creator is good enought the gameplay could be fixed by any other person or just add more maps to give the game more variety

Deleted
    I've noticed a lot of people lately who want to play Heroes of the Storm, but have never touched LoL or DoTA 2. Roughly 40% of my guild insists they want to play Heroes really badly, yet has never touched a MOBA. How can people know they want to play a game, without touching the genre?

Blizzard game, new game for new // old players to step into the gendre without beeing insulted for anything you do... Tried Dota2 and LoL, and well, not fun to be insulted to help you´re team to win by "killing" the enemmy... O boy, I got insulted and even banned for KS from time to time with Sona, great community...

Anyways new players and old players will come to Heroes and either stay there, try LoL // Dota2 for X reasons or simple move on because they don´t like the gendre at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    Blizzard game, new game for new // old players to step into the gendre without beeing insulted for anything you do... Tried Dota2 and LoL, and well, not fun to be insulted to help you´re team to win by "killing" the enemmy... O boy, I got insulted and even banned for KS from time to time with Sona, great community...
    You should try the original DotA in Warcraft 3.

*joins the lobby called "DotA for noobs!"*
    - Hey guys, I am new!
    - -ban May90

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post

Anyways new players and old players will come to Heroes and either stay there, try LoL // Dota2 for X reasons or simple move on because they don´t like the gendre at all
    HoS is trying to make people create their own teams and actually play with friends, so i will recommend you to try to get a team when the game gets to Beta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You should try the original DotA in Warcraft 3.

*joins the lobby called "DotA for noobs!"*
    - Hey guys, I am new!
    - -ban May90
    And thus you learned never to admit you are new on the internet.
    It is a most valuable wisdom.

And ontopic, yeah, i play alot of HoN and i have played since its beta.

Lord Salforis motherfuckers!

never played before but its blizzard so i want to at least give it a try