Deleted

New elise player advice

Hello everyone! I'm a fellow summoner on EUW, silver ranked in season 3 (demoted to bronze for not playing rankeds for a while),currently unranked, sitting on approximately 1000 games played with an average of 60/40 win loss ratio.
    That being said, I need all possible help/advice from you guys! Here's the problem:

I usually play support & top, and if needed I can jungle. With the recent introduction of yasuo I've been encountering the problem of full ad teams both on my side and enemy side, with all the consequences of the case. I got bored of facing thornmails and randuins so I decided to buy an ap top laner capable of dishing out serious damage and since I'm not that good at the game I wanted someone safe too.
    Elise seemed the right one and until now I'm not regretting it, played a couple of games with her and made it through mid game, never reached late yet. I was able to win my lane and come out victorious, despite some trouble, with an average score of 4/1 - 3/1.
    The hard part for me is after the lane phase. What am I supposed to do to effectively teamfight? I am open to all kind of suggestion and/or critic.
    Plus since I have not ben able to find one myself, direct me to useful guides/videos if possible.

Additionally:
    I've been building the visage, mpen boots, sunfire, void staff/abyssal and zhonyas, generally.

TL;DR
    I'm a newbie at playing elise and not exceptional at the game itself, flame me or give me advice on how to play her.

Always stay in "human" form before team fights so you can unleash your whole combo.

Try to cobweb and burn the major Dmg output on the enemy team.

You can repel to enemy minions and jungle camps, so if you need to escape you have that capability

Also I recommend jungling with her

Elise is interesting, and I absolutely adore her as a top, however my fails also usually came later.

I'd suggest build her as a sort of AP assassin early, which is easy because she does insane damage with nothing but magic penetration. MP runes, sorc boots, and haunting guise turns you into one of the most formidable early game 'assassins' there is. After, I'd suggest that your role should be more bruisery. Become the team's tank, and you'll be able to contribute with just 2 or so damage/bruiser items later due to the way Elise's kit works. I usually end up going tanky and then trying to peel, or diving their carries. Elise is quite hard to be effective with late game, but it's not impossible.

BTW. Buy Haunting guise early, first item after Sorc boots (or first item after lvl 1 boots if you can) but do NOT upgrade to Liandry's, as the magic pen is only useful for early and mid game and Liandry's is a very subpar item on Elise (despite popular opinion). Build Guise, save it, build your other stuff, then sell Guise to make room for your last item: either Void Staff/Scepter for damage, or a normal tanky/bruiser item.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Best advice I can give you is play her on smartcast (every move).
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    As an Elise and jungle main I definitely recommend jungler with her. She has good sustain, decent clear and amazing ganks. She falls of a bit lategame compared to some other junglers.

The post above is totally right when it comes to using smartcast. Otherwise it takes too long to get your full combo off, it's definitely worth getting used to.

When ganking a lane, you either want to walk up on the enemy behind them in human form and hit a stun, followed by Q > W > R > Q > W > AA's. This alone is enough to burst a squishy opponent to very low HP and will usually lead to a kill. If the lane is warded, or the enemy laner is low on HP you want to rappel into the lane and Q the enemy, then go to human form and stun + Q > W again before going back into spider form and finishing them off with another Q.

You can duel almost anyone who isn't very fed, so catching people in rotations or the enemy jungler in their jungle is something you want to watch out for when you get ahead. You can also kill and tank the dragon very well with your spiderlings, so look for a kill on the bot lane or when the enemy jungler is top and look for an easy dragon. You also excel on small skirmishes around the dragon so I try to gank mid and bot more so than top.

When 1v1'ing someone, start in human form and hit your stun. If you are still at a comfortable range from the enemy you can simply choose to walk away if you miss, or just burst him with your Q > W > R > Q > W combo anyway.

Your core early - midgame build would be Ancient Golem, Sorc shoes, and huinting guise. MPen is extremely good on her due to her % damage. After that you can build some defense depending on who on the enemy team is the strongest, their ADC or AP mid. Rylai's Scepter is also a really good pickup.

Anyway, I hope some of that helped, just rambling on for a while there.
    Last edited by mmoc6c791689d4; 2014-02-01 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    Human form > E,W,Q > into Spider form > W,Q. basic combo.
    I'd recommend this guide http://www.lolking.net/guides/129722 a lot of good info in the guide, perfect runes/masteries/build. Just remember buffs/camps attack the closest thing to them so while in spider form backstep so your spiderlings tank the monsters so helpful early can do blue/red without taking any damage.

And like Duronos said, play here with smartcast on all spells makes her so much easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also if you get a few kills early, I just say rush your MGpen boots if you have the gold instead of going for your golem item, so much MS speed and damage and it just makes you even stronger early on. I've found that it works quite well.
    Hey everyone

Autoattack in human form when ganking first to apply red buff (in case you have it) then stun when they are slowed. Sunfire cape is great because it works with her mpen, also spirit visage is great for the extra self heal.