Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I will rush to level 100 as fast as I can (and already started preparing potions and stuff, fyi) regardless of titles being present or not. Just like I did in every expansion so far.
    The rush to max level is one of the very few engaging and skill-based* things this game has to offer nowadays and I honestly don't really give a single damn about the existence of achievements, titles, whatever. I do it for my personal enjoyment.

*skill isn't and has never been about simply being able to push X and Y buttons harder. Planning, info gathering, finding tricks, and creating better routes/strategies(aka intelligence in general) is just as much a part of it.

Title for leveling fast? Nah. Titles like Death's Demise, Grand Crusader, Celestial Defender, associated with realm first raid kills? Sure. Hell, from a business standpoint, I don't see why Blizz wouldn't do this, because some guild somewhere would be crazy enough to transfer to some dead rock of a server just to grab such titles.

Blizzard don't like Realm-first levelling titles because they encourage players to rush though the game too quickly.

Realm-first raid titles are also not popular with Blizzard because they tend to all be claimed by the same guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Title for leveling fast? Nah. Titles like Death's Demise, Grand Crusader, Celestial Defender, associated with realm first raid kills? Sure. Hell, from a business standpoint, I don't see why Blizz wouldn't do this, because some guild somewhere would be crazy enough to transfer to some dead rock of a server just to grab such titles.
    The thing with such titles is: In a guild with more than 25 active members, someone will always feel left out.
    Be it because they play the "wrong" class, because they aren't as good friends with the RL as some others etc.

No.

It's not even about "Who cares who got first?" or "I'll never get that achievement, so I don't want it to be available to anyone else."

Realm First achievements promote terrible behavior. Whether it's treating other players like shit in the frenzied climb to the top, or simply gnawing through content ridiculously faster than anyone has any chance of creating it (Well look what I've done, there's nothing left to do!), it's simply not good for the game, Blizzard, or the players. It's not much good for their health, either.

Haven't most Realm First holders long since quit the game? It goes too slowly to support that play style.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    skill isn't and has never been about simply being able to push X and Y buttons harder. Planning, info gathering, finding tricks, and creating better routes/strategies(aka intelligence in general) is just as much a part of it.
    I'd say even having races partially determined by luck need not be a really bad thing.

I'd support them if they became guild-wide titles. There can be nothing more infuriating being the guy sat out that one time your guild killed something like Algalon, or the one time you couldn't make the raid your team killed LK. Whatever the reason.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

What I would like is more quests like the green fire chain that reward class and even profession specific titles, like archmage, grand blacksmith etc. Very challenging solo content with cosmetic rewards.

Also make it scale with ilvl and lvl so that it always remains challenging regardless of tier, unlike the green fire which is complete faceroll now.

This is so....just wow. Of course they should be in the game! They don't take that much time to make- it's just a title, therefore you can't argue that "it takes time from the devs working on content". And to complain that it's hurting peoples health? Really? Is playing this game the amount of hours lots of people do any different to your health? No. They should be in the game, just another hard to get objective in the game that people who earn(ed) should have.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I'd say even having races partially determined by luck need not be a really bad thing.
    Agreed, with both you and Mione.

Slightly related, but humans are highly competitive creatures. Even if there's no tangible reward, we'll still make a competition or race out of something, purely for the kicks or the recognition of saying, "I did this first!" Look at the Lich King solo race; there's literally no reward at all, but people still raced to see who'd get it down solo first, because there's a certain feeling of being the best (Congrats again on that Mione; old news, but still a worthy achievement).

It is an MMO quit pretending that people only want to be the best because of an achievement. If you don't want to get Realm First leveling achievements, you don't have to. People will race to get max level, achievement or not, the achievement will just add to the experience they're already going to have.

I would like to see if for raids, but as there is so many players that never will have a chance on it it's not worth the time to put it in really.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Blizzard don't like Realm-first levelling titles because they encourage players to rush though the game too quickly.

Realm-first raid titles are also not popular with Blizzard because they tend to all be claimed by the same guilds.
    That's why they sell level 90s now

I'd say give more unique titles, I remember the time I saw someone with the title of Obsidian Sanctum's server first, I was like woaah awesome.

What can I say, I love Female Gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    People don't come back because the game is homogenized with no meaningful progression. Everyone is a winner, all your actions are irrelevant.

people achive realm first max lvl with cheating , tricking the system and so on.. they aren't worth a title
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2014-02-01 at 02:45 AM.

My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Server first personal FoS should never ever get any recognition ever.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    That's why they sell level 90s now
    1-90 isn't exactly new content anymore; 90-100, however, is.

As someone with multiple realm first leveling achievements I am glad they're not continuing with them, I wouldn't protest wildly if they retroactively awarded titles to people with them but I think the game is better off the way it is.

I've always tried sprinting through new expansion's leveling, but I inevitably lose the race. Cata, I spent like, 24 hours and was only 82 because of the sheer amount of people in the new zones. Mop, I got to 86 in a day, picking herbs and questing but I failed for the same reason as before. I didn't get to 90 until day 4...

I'd like titles though, it might make me really push past the apathy and exhaustion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathington View Post
    I didn't get to 90 until day 4...
    I've hit 90 at around 4 pm on the day after launch, so ~16 hours into the grind...yet still I was nowhere near of being the first one.
    Don't really think that it's possible without the aid of others and without a group - especially for the first part where you'll spend a good portion of your time waiting for respawns.
    Last edited by Pendra; 2014-02-01 at 05:20 AM.

It sucks only 1 person per server can get it, but they are so awesome I feel that they should be in game and they should be special. I'm so torn it's driving me crazy! lol