Deleted

H Thok, solo tank war/dk?

Hi there, we are a guild currently progressing on Blackfuse heroic. Tonight we have our Prot Pala unavailable for raid, so we must face thokH with another tank. We got DK and ProtWar avaiable, the DK being 4-5 ilvl above the war, both around 570.
    How can those classes manage solo tanking ThokH? is that viable or should we switch to 2 tanks and use both of them? We got no palas in raids for BoPs.

Let the warrior solo tank it, enjoy doing 450k dps.

Warrior. Shield Barrier. LOTS OF DPS!!!. Win. (ive only been in for the kills that i tanked it on my monk, but from what i've heard, our warrior kills it when i'm not there).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CardboxHero View Post
    Hi there, we are a guild currently progressing on Blackfuse heroic. Tonight we have our Prot Pala unavailable for raid, so we must face thokH with another tank. We got DK and ProtWar avaiable, the DK being 4-5 ilvl above the war, both around 570.
    How can those classes manage solo tanking ThokH? is that viable or should we switch to 2 tanks and use both of them? We got no palas in raids for BoPs.
    10 or 25? Don't knwo about 25 but at least on 10 we have killed it with warrior and dk solo tanking (different weeks, naturally) so both should work. 1st kill was with warrior tank, as their dps goes out of the roof with vengeance numbers on that fight.

GL!

Deleted
    Our first kill was with a solo blood DK, apparently they're the weakest class for it but we didn't see any real problems, warriors are apparently one of the strongest tanks atm so that's probably your safest bet.

We used a blood DK for our first kill, so it's viable.

With no BOPS you're going to have a hard time, depending on your healers. That's probably going to be the worst part.

Deleted
    Also used and still using a blood dk as solo tank. If we don't drop out at ~24, he'll die, but before that it's no issue. Just need to make sure to have a defensive CD for the first jailer and to disenrage it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CardboxHero View Post
    Warrior wipes the floor with dk, isnt even a question lol. You need a phenomenal dk to even attempt solo tanking thok, at least prenerf.
    Shield barrier, ontop of actually having good raid cooldowns. And also having waaaaaaaaaaaay better dps then a dk, who's the worst tank of all classes. Warriors is the best of all classes.

To sum it up, bench dk, let warrior do what he does best.