Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely worth it for that price if you are a rpg fan, the game does feel a bit like an mmo without other players though in its flow and quest design as an afterthought having completed it but its a long game if you do not rush the main quest.

Crafting is also hideously broken as well in this game, if you make your own gear instead of relying on drops you become an unstoppable mass murderer.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-01-30 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the developer for it go bankrupt? So what happens if it needs updates and patches for windows 8 ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Didn't the developer for it go bankrupt? So what happens if it needs updates and patches for windows 8 ect.
    I'd search on the discussion boards, google, and such for Windows 8 problems first than. I know the game works perfectly fine (For me) on windows 7. If it has major issues, than I wouldn't count on any patch coming out for the game ever.

A guy posted how to fix the problem in the demo and it works. I was getting 120fps but couldn't vsync so I ran into problems. While I think this is a great deal I think im going to pass on it.

Atm playing PoE and I don't see me finishing this anytime soon.

Wish I got Saints Row Iv when it went on sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Won't happen. The company who made it went under and is also in court now being sued by the former owner of said company I do believe.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Interesting tidbit of trivia there...

The owner of the company who made the game (38 Studios) was none other then Kurt Schilling...you know the pitcher for the Red Sox who got famous after pitching the World Series against the Yankees with a busted ankle which was visibly bleeding on the field?

He owed the state of Rhode Island a LOT of money, which was lent to him over the years to run his company. So he pushed his company to make this game, and make it RIGHT. They needed a smash hit in order for him to be able to get enough money out of it to pay off the debts.

The game ended up being a success, it sold a lot of units and was met with all around good reviews. The problem is they didn't hit the records that games like GTA V did (which is what they would have needed sales-wise) and they had to shut their doors.

Shame, really..they had an MMO in the works based on the lore of this game, and anything written by Salvatore is good in my books.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Definitely a very underrated game. It's no Oblivion, but in my book it's a must-play for an fantasy RPG fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Interesting tidbit of trivia there...

The owner of the company who made the game (38 Studios) was none other then Kurt Schilling...you know the pitcher for the Red Sox who got famous after pitching the World Series against the Yankees with a busted ankle which was visibly bleeding on the field?

He owed the state of Rhode Island a LOT of money, which was lent to him over the years to run his company. So he pushed his company to make this game, and make it RIGHT. They needed a smash hit in order for him to be able to get enough money out of it to pay off the debts.

The game ended up being a success, it sold a lot of units and was met with all around good reviews. The problem is they didn't hit the records that games like GTA V did (which is what they would have needed sales-wise) and they had to shut their doors.

Shame, really..they had an MMO in the works based on the lore of this game, and anything written by Salvatore is good in my books.
    They had 100mil to spend on the game and half of it went just to design it. The rest went to the 3 big names on the game and the people making it.

The thing was that it didn't sell well at all on any platform because it release right around the sametime skyrim did. They didn't need GTA sells hell Tomb Raider sells would have kept the game/company up for awhile but it bombed in sells due to its release date next to Skyrim.

Also they dropped a lot of money into the MMO and the same 3 big names was on it as well.

To sum it up they had to many irons in the fire and put all there money on black and lost.

Really sucks as well because I would like to see a KOA2. I think some company did buy it or is going to buy it but good chance it will just sit on the shelf.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-01-30 at 11:19 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post

Yeah they had a lot of talent on that team. I'm a lore fan as well, but I'm mostly an art fan and they had one of my favorite artists on the project. Sean Andrew Murray.

even if it was free i wouldn't really recommend it, the game is just way too easy and pointless - you press one button and everything around you dies

Oh god.. here another game that will sit in my Steam account..! Since the last winter sale, I have to play fallout 3, new vegas, dark soul, witcher 2, dishonored, borderland 2.... and now Kingdoms of Amalur. So many games, not enough time..

I paid 60$ for it when it came out, still have it, still play it, still don't regret it, this game is single-handedly one of my favorite games and from what I've seen you either love it or hate it there is no in-between. It is probably the only game that I've actually cared to try and fully complete side-quests and all (including my large Skyrim stage). It is a game that allows you to experience so many different style of play, in my opinion you should've had to level an entire new character for each class though.

Kingdoms of Amalur was a great game I still don't know why it tanked / it's a lot longer than your standard game
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    even if it was free i wouldn't really recommend it, the game is just way too easy and pointless - you press one button and everything around you dies
    I can for certainty say that the only way this would happen is if you put it on easy difficulty and rushed the zones since it runs on a system that makes a zone adjust to your level based on your first entry.

Deleted
    Quite underrated from what I know (not that it changes anything).Heard pretty good reviews for the game,and somewhat mixed reviews from players.Steam reviewers seem more then satisfied,though.
    Still,has to be worth 6€.

Deleted
    KoA offers nothing interesting or original, waste of time overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Araron View Post
    Quite underrated from what I know (not that it changes anything).Heard pretty good reviews for the game,and somewhat mixed reviews from players.Steam reviewers seem more then satisfied,though.
    Still,has to be worth 6€.
    Underrated? If anything this game is overrated. It brings nothing to the genre, the world isn't memorable and the map design at best is quite linear.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Best RPG in the past five years, period. Get it for $6 it's criminally cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Underrated? If anything this game is overrated. It brings nothing to the genre, the world isn't memorable and the map design at best is quite linear.
    Linear? The fuck are you talking about are we looking at the same map?

http://blog.webnme2.com/wp-content/u...urStashMap.png
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Definitely worth it. The Lore of the land is awesome and the gameplay is fantastic. The downside is the storyline, which is lacking.
    You'd think with the powerhouse team they had, that it would have been better.

The world could have been something.

Damn them for trying to make this and an MMO. :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Honestly, I enjoy RPGs and if Salvatore's most recent works aren't as good as his older ones, they're still good. Take the two combined and it's worth the $6 to buy it, even if it just sits there for long periods of time.