Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    and they said it's not possible coz of clipping and armor and they not going to try it /endofthread

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    nah. it doesnt fit with wow. WoW does not need to constantly clone every other game, and become every other game. i like wow for what it is now. if i wanted character height/weight options i would go play other MMO's that offers that. it just doesnt feel right to me seeing the weird wacky looks to some races that posters have already squealed for in this thread. it would make my time spent in WoW just... sad.

    i say sad because i think the races as they are now, are majestic. giving them VU's will help emphasize that. kiddo's would just love to put perverse spins on what we have "just for the lulz". it would just be detrimental to the races.

    if WoW had come with this option from the start, it would be easier to accept. but adding it in 10 yrs later, just takes away from what the creators envisioned and brought to us to experience.
    Although I see your point, the part I really want to elaborate on is the bolded part. Look at how many things are changing now (whether for good or bad). Just like how we are getting new character models which are coming in 10 years later, adding even more options to customize a character just adds more individuality to your own character. And having an option to change your characters height and/or weight is not copying off any specific game, it's always been an option within the RPG genre..the fact that WoW doesn't have it imo seems a bit silly. It's not something I would kill for and not something I will argue about, simply debate.

  3. #23
    Pit Lord Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagamier View Post
    Although I see your point, the part I really want to elaborate on is the bolded part. Look at how many things are changing now (whether for good or bad). Just like how we are getting new character models which are coming in 10 years later, adding even more options to customize a character just adds more individuality to your own character. And having an option to change your characters height and/or weight is not copying off any specific game, it's always been an option within the RPG genre..the fact that WoW doesn't have it imo seems a bit silly. It's not something I would kill for and not something I will argue about, simply debate.
    1st. you cant say adding updated models is 10 yrs late. the game started with what they thought at the time was great visually. this point is invalid.

    2nd. it is copying from other games in that other games added it at the start, and arguably do it better than WoW could. which is suggesting their race visuals (and designs) could support different heights and weights without looking ridiculous. WoW's races would turn into a laughing stock of the gaming world. not that people dont laugh already, but they are just on a bandwagon of hate.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-01-31 at 08:41 PM.

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire Cylom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    kuwait
    Posts
    397
    A smaller female gnome, with noggen fogger elixer, hell yeah

    What can I say, I love Female Gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    People don't come back because the game is homogenized with no meaningful progression. Everyone is a winner, all your actions are irrelevant.

  5. #25
    High Overlord Meerkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Big yellow teapot
    Posts
    148
    I already dread the day that someone out there decides to make their Pandaren even more wider..

  6. #26
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Keeping it realistic.
    yeah let's keep it realistic..




    There are in fact mini cattle.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniature_cattle
    Miniature cattle are typically between 36-46 inches (90–120 cm) in height (cow and bulls).
    Surprising, ain't it?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  7. #27
    Herald of the Titans CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,870
    Not worth the extra dev time. They're not even going to get all race reworks out by the expansion's launch.. no need to add more work onto their plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Tchoo tchoo motherfuckers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •