Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Let's make a drinking game out of this. Every time someone says "bigot" take a shot. I can't see this thread being much more useful than that.

Two shots every time someone mentions Hitler/Nazis as part of their defense.
    I am pretty smashed right now
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    If you're gay see it as this. You are in the single most important thing in SO many peoples lives because they fear that you will cause the end of humanity. They fear you just because you like the same sex. You're the most feared and powerful thing this universe has ever seen...you are Galactus
    Hahahahahhaha
    That was good ^_^
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I am pretty smashed right now
    Then my plan worked. I'm going to start doing this for more topics like this on MMOC. Could prove hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    No, totally. Kept interrupting my reading. There's no way that was done by accident.

Also OP, douche-nozzle or not you should have edited his name out too - especially when posting it on a forum full of turds like this one.
    I was just linked the picture, wasn't the one who took it /edited it. Not to mention it has already gone around the college FB pages and Reddit like that.

So basically that "article" is explaining the Kinsey Scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Yes it does, homosexuality is not an illness nor a disorder; It makes one bigoted to state it as such, homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality neither is an illness; It's been observed in nature, and is evident from the sheer size of homosexuals it's not an "Illness" amongst mounds of research furthering the backing agaisnt those crying otherwise.

I'd invite you to further that bigoted view however, and explain how it's an illness.

And yes, this is very obviously grounds to remove him on.
    I'm going to go ahead and play devil's advocate here. Mental 'illness' (I'm not referring to homosexuality as a mental illness) can occur naturally, and certain varieties can't be 'cured' as it were. Since these 'illnesses' have the same criteria you describe here (being natural, observed in nature, and easily observable based on relative commonality), one could reasonably call homosexuality an 'illness'. Obviously there is a certain stigma attached to the word 'illness' and homosexual men and women don't deserve the negative stigma that word brings with it. But in a vacuum, using the criteria that you yourself put forward, you can't call someone a bigot for referring to homosexuality as an illness if they don't make other disparaging comments in addition.

Was it a poor choice of words, and maybe a bit too uncouth? Yeah, it was... but it wasn't bigoted or hateful. I think people are being too sensitive; but what else is new?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Yup, because when I say I don't agree with it, I obviously mean we should go all genocidal on homosexuals. Glad you're able to read between the lines.
    Indeed, seeing something in a certain way doesn't mean that you want to see it wiped off the face of the earth.

Yup, because when I say I don't agree with it, I obviously mean we should go all genocidal on homosexuals. Glad you're able to read between the lines.
    When you say that you don't "agree with it", you support those who do commit genocide, because you agree with their stance.

A very appropos video.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik617 View Post
    Hey, that's from the same town I'm in. I heard about that, it's all over our local social media atm. Dude's an idiot, I think.
    Hurray for more folks from NW ontario. Small world :3

If you rep the school you should refrain from any kind of talk like this because it will get you drama.
    It's not about limiting your speech but about your speech being taken as the opinion of everyone since the assumption is you represent the majority of people who voted for you.

but that kid is a little, lol.
    He clearly does not get some serious stuff, but that is typical sheltered, "I think I know everything" kids for you tho
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    I don't understand the need to vocalize something, that doesn't concern you at all. You're only hurting people.
    "Interracial relationships are wrong"
    "Homosexuality is wrong"
    Honestly, then don't do it. Just don't be a dick to others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and play devil's advocate here. Mental 'illness' can occur naturally, and certain varieties can't be 'cured' as it were. Since these 'illnesses' have the same criteria you describe here (being natural, observed in nature, and easily observable based on relative commonality), one could reasonably call homosexuality an 'illness'. Obviously there is a certain stigma attached to the word 'illness' and homosexual men and women don't deserve the negative stigma that word brings with it. But in a vacuum, using the criteria that you yourself put forward, you can't call someone a bigot for referring to homosexuality as an illness if they don't make other disparaging comments in addition.

I think people are being too sensitive.
    You're not acquainted with that poster then i take it

I could of done a better job stating my stance, but this thread will be shut any time; And in addition, i was speaking with others.

But feel free to look his previous posts on the matter of homosexuality and the like, they're quite informative of his stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Also, I would so use that in my sig if I weren't worried it might not be looked too kindly on the non-off-topic forums.
    Yeah..its good id quote myself but its frowned upon i suppose.. But ty

Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, you shouldnt lose your job because you have a different opinion. Crying foul every time someone says something that isnt particularly politically correct does nothing to help anyones particular position and needs to stop.
    mm no.. you should lose your job when you start opening spouting your hate filled beliefs.

Also keep in mind, this isn't just opinion on whether his view are right or wrong. It is more about, should he be allowed to keep this position when he is going to be one of the outward faces for a group that is about respect and equality.

Heck there are even local teachers from the high schools here that have heard of it and are spreading word and disappointment with our student council.

You can call homosexuality a mental illness if you want. Frankly, it doesn't matter. It doesn't change the fact that it's something people inherently have and can't be rid of. It's something they "deal with". If you want to say "ew mental illness is yucky" then there are many, many people who aren't gay that you will find "yucky"

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Also keep in mind, this isn't just opinion on whether his view are right or wrong. It is more about, should he be allowed to keep this position when he is going to be one of the outward faces for a group that is about respect and equality.

Heck there are even local teachers from the high schools here that have heard of it and are spreading word and disappointment with our student council.
    I'd vote for him keeping his spot. He said nothing wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love homosexual debates. It always drags down to this.

Lets teach tolerance with intolerance.

Which has to be a great way of teaching right? I mean maybe next we can teach people not to murder by teaching them to murder......
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, you shouldnt lose your job because you have a different opinion. Crying foul every time someone says something that isnt particularly politically correct does nothing to help anyones particular position and needs to stop.
    What really needs to stop is pretending like any issue facing minority is irrelevant "political correctness".
    The night is dark and full of terrors...