10+ Year Old Account

Question Physiological war game

Ok here it goes.
    There are 2 generals in some country. One of the generals ask the other too leave the country so he can take all the honor for himself. He refuses.
    General A (lets call it like this) attacks the general B base.
    General B is frustated because his soldiers cant hold a line. So he executes a few to get the morale up.
    General A cleans up half the enemy camp, but them something strange happens. General B soldiers refuse to listen the orders from general B.
    Instead of attacking the general A soldiers, they starting to attack general B headquoters.
    In the end general B loses his life and his soldiers surrender. Now the fun part.
    The soldiers who surrendered are spared, but the soldiers who attacked the general B headquoters are all pintpointed as traitors and executed the next day.

Heck the soldiers who surrendered are called as heroes who stood for their country in the media. In the news they say that some soldiers gone mad due to a virus and started killing eachother to hide the truth. (anything as a good lie works)

What do you think?
    Were the soldiers who turned on their general right or those who defended it?
    And by the way...it can be in any human history timeline (even nendertals).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Both are scum, Officer A attacked one of his peers for no other reason than personal glory, the Soldiers that followed him are just as guilty and are traitors.
    Officer B executed innocent men just to make an example, the men that formed the firing squad are now murderers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Both are scum, Officer A attacked one of his peers for no other reason than personal glory, the Soldiers that followed him are just as guilty and are traitors.
    Officer B executed innocent men just to make an example, the men that formed the firing squad are now murderers.
    If the Officer A wouldnt attack the Officer B, then the Officer B would attack Officer A.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Heck the soldiers who surrendered are called as heroes who stood for their country in the media.
    Why would standing up for an enemy nation be considered heroic? I'm assuming nation A conquered nation B, right? Otherwise, obviously people who turned against their own nation would be regarded with more disdain by that nation. Cowardice is nothing compared to active treason.

Wait, after rereading this, I'm getting that they're two generals under the same nation? Yeah, they're both scummy for turning against their own kin. Though, in terms of the soldiers, I think they were just following the orders of authority figures. To disregard direct orders would be insubordination, and by heeding them, they've harmed the militaristic integrity of their nation. It's lose lose.
    Last edited by Anonymous1038853; 2014-02-01 at 12:42 AM.

I'm failing to see what's physiological about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm failing to see what's physiological about this.
    I think he meant psychological.

So they're fighting each other over who will be more...famous? I'm not sure what to say about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

So they're fighting each other over who will be more...famous? I'm not sure what to say about it.
    Too much 40k fanfiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Pretty much yes. One dies to take control of his army. And take all the fame and *honor*.
    Romans did this from time to time.