Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Had fantastic drafts.

QoP with jinada enchant totem bloodseekr heal and ulti

Batrider with splitshot and fiery soul.

The auto attack damage......

On clinkz I tried treeants march and rearm. Went really poorly. 1-17... Not enough mana

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blowmeup View Post
    On clinkz I tried treeants march and rearm. Went really poorly. 1-17... Not enough mana
    That's the worst thing about ability draft. There are lot of heroes in the pool which HP / mana / damage / range / movement speed / attack speed is dependent on their abilities (such as huskar with quite low damage, attack speed and mana because he has only spell for mana and his attack speed and damage is lower because of berserker's blood balance) and that really limits you in your skill choices. Clinkz or weaver is the same - they are squishy because they have invi for mobility, without it, they are quite weak. Maybe worst of all is the range of your hero. If you random 5 melee heroes vs 5 ranged, you are very handicapped in the laning phase. That's without talking about hero specific abilities, such as void being able to move in anyone's chrono or silencer stealing int without any of his abilities.

I know this mode is for fun only and I like playing it, but I feel that if they don't tune it a bit (which they most probably won't), I will soon stop playing it just because of these balance issues.

Deleted
    I really enjoy playing this mod, albeit somewhat confusing since I can't adapt as fast to what my opponents (and teammates alike) are picking and end up unprepared.

That being said, I'm also confused about how some abilities work - I keep seeing melees picking drow's ulti; wouldn't that be a complete waste?

OT: haven't play too many AD matches I'm afraid and dotabuff can't record these match types yet, but I remember my last game I went with a drow silence/diabolic edict/chrono => blink, push them together, chrono and leave them at ~50% if many or dead if 1 just from that. I can also remember a counter helix/berserker's call/whirling death/ball lightning shenanigan that just melted faces.

Once opposing team had a Weaver with walrus punch. It hit for like 1500 on my treant and it seemed like he was able to use it from distance.
    Could it be that ES totem thingy that he also had was increasing punch damage so much?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Anything with sticky napalm and ion shell. Literally kills everything in seconds at level 2, even with just 1 stack of napalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Athabaska View Post
    Once opposing team had a Weaver with walrus punch. It hit for like 1500 on my treant and it seemed like he was able to use it from distance. Could it be that ES totem thingy that he also had was increasing punch damage so much?
    Probably, I'm fairly certain that Walrus Punch works as a type of Attack Modifier (i.e. applies the extra damage and knock-up) to the next auto-attack. And yes, a ranged hero can use Walrus Punch from range.

Deleted
    Could it be that ES totem thingy that he also had was increasing punch damage so much?
    Enchant totem is ridiculously strong on almost any ranged hero, when I'm picking early and am ranged, I always get it.
    Also, when I play melee, I almost always get any kind of orb walk that's in the pool (poison attack, burning spear, frost arrows, liquid fire, searing arrows, usually avoid impetus because of mana issues) just for the total dominance it can give you on lane. Many melee heroes also have much higher base dmg than those that have orb walk, so lycan / chaos knight with any of these is pain to lane against.

Deleted
    Fiery Soul + Rot/Mana Shield/Anything with sub 5-sec CD or toggle activation is super, duper, fantastically OP. Every time I get my hands on that combo, 1k GPM and XPM inc.

They quite frankly need to hotfix Fiery Soul working with toggle spells. It's way, way too good right now.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once opposing team had a Weaver with walrus punch. It hit for like 1500 on my treant and it seemed like he was able to use it from distance.
    Dear god... if only he had had Tidebringer...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Bounty Hunter

Sticky Napalm - Ion Shell - Shadow Walk - Calldown

Sticky napalm + anything with tick damage kills in about a second. I went 28-0 and they ragequit about 10minutes in, it was disgusting lol.
    I love how the groups I get in never pick Sticky Napalm, it's my favorite, especially with weird things like Bristlebacks ult.

Deleted
    I just had my favorit skill set of all time. I was Witch Doctor with first pick, to my surprise i got all 4 skills exactly as i wanted(in that order too): Essence Aura, Skywrath Ult, Pugnas Decrep and Skywraths spammable Bolt to rebuild my mana. Had an Aghs at 9 Minutes and could spam Ult all day long, which with Decrep meant certain death for anyone caught.

Dark Seer
    Skeleton Walk
    Ion Shell
    Slithereen Crush
    Viper Strike.
    Was a very fun build, ran around in invis with ion shell and stun + viper ult to finnish them off

Drow Ranger
    Moon Glaive
    Howl
    Hunter in the Night
    Walrus Punch.
    I did a lot of dmg, pretty much one shotted everyone with ult.
    Last edited by Drefan; 2014-02-17 at 06:40 AM.

Deleted
    Undying with tombstone, march of the machines, healing ward and REARM. Them tombstones

15+ Year Old Account
    Centaur

Reactive Armor, Moment of Courage, Return, Stampede

I built all strength (boots, sange, bkb, heart, satanic) and it was amazing. run around, don't give a shit, right-click to kill things. best centaur ever!

a few games later i got centaur again and i don't remember what all skills i got but I had PA's blink and tiny's grow. that was fun also
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Gyrocopter with:

Mortal Strike
    Essence Aura
    Take Aim
    Impetus

Impetus becomes instant on Gyrocopter (should also work with Sniper), combined with Essence Aura makes it spammable. Take Aim increases the range of it = more dmg and Mortal Strikes gives me a very useful crit.

There where no survivors.

Deleted
    Was in a game last night vs a Mirana with Meepo's ulti, poof, clock's rocket aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand ... Naga's mirror image. Needless to say, there was next to nothing we could do to vs that Mirana (who beelined agha, obviously ) army since our only aoe's were my riptide and magnus' shockwave. Shit was out of control.

I've had quite a number of good drafts and I've actually been thinking of making videos of them! Here are a few good ones I've gotten:

Rearm + Demonic Conversion
    Torrent + Mystic Flare
    Divided We Stand + Nature's Call
    Repel + Black Hole
    Skeleton Walk + Vacuum + Black Hole
    Quill Spray + Static Field + Fiery Soul + Warpath

Deleted
    Not mine, but i played against a Dark Seer today, who had Sticky Napalm and Ion Shell. The damage was beyond insane, he melted 5 heroes in less than an overgrowth.

divided we stand with pandas aoe pound on mag, tab q tab q tab q tab q 300dmg n a slow with each pound gg