Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Get really stoned all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

About politics and other world things i just try not to care (even tho i read newspaper everyday,but dont really care about it)
    But i think one thing you can change is , yes u need to work, we all need to work but , you need to chose better what you do with your free time at least thats what helps me , i mean , if you feel like your every day is chore even after work and u are not even married or something you need to change that and have a bit better life,and care less about greed/lies/corruption...
    And care more about yourself,and yes world is prety shity place,also where did you get this info "Like 20 of the 50 most influencial people came from the same school and same fraternity. Call it "conspiracy" but i dare say the odds of that happening is 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000 ish" just curious :P.
    Anyhow GOOD LUCK!

10+ Year Old Account
    Force of habit. I, as well as most anyone, could be negative & upset quite often.

I choose to deal with all the shit, see my way through it & decide how to handle it all, then go on with a positive outlook. Either mood is a habit; you can choose to let life fuck you up & never be happy or you can choose to face it down, deal with it & remain positive.

Whether you always seek the negative or always seek the positive, you'll always find it. <3
    kintsukuroi
    ‘golden repair’, is the Japanese art of repairing pottery with gold or silver lacquer. The aesthetic philosophy focuses on imperfections rather than attempting to disguise them, with the intention that the piece becomes both more valuable and more beautiful because of its history and for having been broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pills.

Lots of pills.
    Putin khuliyo

Diet, excercise, yoga/meditation and fresh air / sunshine.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

You don't have to be either pessimistic or optimistic. I am in flux, always. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised and other times disappointed. It's all about balance.

If your life is eat/sleep/work/GF then you are responsible for it. My passion is science, and every day is new; there are constantly new mysteries and problems popping up waiting to be solved. But you sound like more of a politics/arts person so I don't know what to tell you. I don't really care about what's going on in the world as long as I have my science and simple pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    You have it pretty good OP, travel the world a bit and see what real hardship looks like.
    Viewing people in worse situations does not down play ones own problems. Just because one isn't suffering enough compared to another doesn't mean a person isn't suffering. It also doesn't mean he can't comprehend that the world is twisted, in fact he is openly stating it is twisted. So how does one stay positive? By saying "I have it so much better then other peoples misfortune?" Really? Looking down on other peoples misfortune makes one stay "positive" yea no. That is just as sick and twisted as anything else.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The world is fucked, true. But, how do I stay positive? I've remove myself from it and found my own personal little corner of happiness. I've accepted the fact that I have no control whatsoever over what the rest of the world does and I no longer care. I only worry about myself, family and friends.

-I don't care what the news says or what people are saying about the news.
    -I don't care what happens in other countries.
    -I don't care what the government is doing (as if we have any control over that mess anyways)
    -I certainly don't give a shit about politics or politicians. They are nothing more than regular people who happen to be in positions of privilege and power, and what more can you expect from that other than to be let down anyways?
    -I don't seek help from, nor do I expect the President to solve my life's problems. There will never be a miracle President.

I just wake up everyday and ask myself, "What can I do today that will bring happiness to my life?". I take one day at a time and take joy as it comes to me. I don't fuss over tomorrow's problems because tomorrow is never guaranteed. Live, love, be kind and respect others and be at peace with yourself.

It seems to me like a lot of your pessimism comes from watching the news and/or reading about it. But, there's a better way. Instead of getting yourself worked up over our fear-mongering media, do what I do; Watch the news and read about it, but enjoy the chaos. Enjoy the circus of a world we live in and find comfort in the fact that no matter what goes on in this crazy ass world of ours, true happiness comes from within.

As the great George Carlin once said: "When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you're given a front row seat." Whether or not you're American makes no difference; we're all a part of this. Might as well see it for what it is.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2014-02-01 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop caring, and just do whatever you enjoy while not at work. That's what I do atleast. :3

Doing stuff i find meaningful. Its the reason im studying what I do.

OP, if you are listing "spend time with GF" as a chore, you might want to start looking for a GF that you want to spend time with. That occasional fun you write about is supposed to include her, at least most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    OP, if you are listing "spend time with GF" as a chore, you might want to start looking for a GF that you want to spend time with. That occasional fun you write about is supposed to include her, at least most of the time.
    I think he is more saying his life is in a rut not that he doesn't like his GF
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much, you are on the internet browsing a gaming website, you have probably eaten within the last few days too, what you are complaining about is first world problems.

http://first-world-problems.com/

Africa is a pretty big place. http://www.ted.com/talks/chimamanda_...gle_story.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a realist, I never use to be, but these days I look at the shit going on in the world, be it my own country, good'ol america, islamic countries, japan, france, australia, all over the world, and seeing the shit happening, and it allows me to put things in perspective.

Well I might watch the news or read stuff happening online and see the worst examples of humanity happening, or natural disasters, or small stories that get me down, what this allows me to do, is really appreciate when something genuinely good comes along, like the recent story of the doctor who walked though a freezing blizzard to get to his hospital to perform brain surgery and saved someones life. Its small things like that, the few good men and women, they give me some hope in humanity.

I don't want to have an overly positive attitude, because people can be complete assholes, low-lives, pretenders and most of the time just out for themselves, so why should I. But I know when to appreciate when something good happens, and if I'm in a situation where at that moment I could help someone, I will. Thats my day to day way of living.
    #boycottchina

Eventually you'll be so negative you loop over to positive.

I tend to stay miserable.

I hurt more and Im in worse shape than the day before. My life is a loss, no woman would have anything to do with me unless I was paying her.

So I go work and not much else.

Deleted
    Depends entirely on the individual. For some people it's so easy to get caught up with what's wrong that it's difficult to see the good in themselves or perhaps others.

My life really isn't that bad when I look at it but there are so many things about it and myself that I wish i could change, and it just makes it difficult to see the point in anything sometimes.

That's just when I'm being totally emo, but a lot of the time I just truck on and get on with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just thankful to have a warm bed, a roof over my head, food to eat, and the internet.

Thats more then some people have in the world.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    You have it pretty good OP, travel the world a bit and see what real hardship looks like.
    You could as well reply get HIV and you will always stay positive.

Deleted
    Albeit pessimism may logically be correct - it is incorrect in nature to be pessimistic.

You cause yourself suffering from factors that are beyond your control - rendering you, dealing with real pains and fears from something that is not real to you, nor your reality.

Both optimism and pessimism is a form of delusion. A natural human being, fluxuates and keeps a balance between the two - rationalizes, forgets, keep focus.

It is simply unhealthy and not optimal to keep to either extreme spectrum.

Also - It is rather easy to stay positive. Keeping negative or overly positive is generalizing and flawed reasoning in bi-as. Some things are shit, you don't have to care.